Cockpit Uni budget PVC Rig.

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Patto, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Patto

Patto New Recruit

Hey Guys,
    As promised in my welcome thread I am putting together a sim rig on my very petty budget. The rig is made from 25mm electrical conduit and some particle board. I got the conduit from my Dad and got the seat from the Bendigo wreckers. All up, so far, the rig has cost me about $150 with the seat being $55 and the rest in particle board and PVC joints.
    (sorry for the photo quality, camera is my IPhone 4.)

All the parts cut but not cleaned (been sitting in my old Mans shed for the last 10 years)
    [​IMG]

Parts cleaned and sorted.
    [​IMG]

First mock up for basic sizing.
    [​IMG]

How the rig sits as of tonight.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I still have to lower the wheel deck as I grossly over estimated how high it was going to sit, and bring it closer to the seat by about 150mm. Then I just need to attach the pedal deck at about 20° and hard mount my G27.
    Hopefully, shortly I will attach a shifter mount, but, I need to stop spending money on this and buy some books for Uni this year.
    If everything goes to plan I will have it finished enough to use (without the shifter or monitor mount) tomorrow, so the remaining pictures should be up tomorrow evening.