Cockpit What to buy next?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Pete, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Pete

Pete Rookie

Currently i have a DFGT mainly used for Assetto Corsa (rarely for GT6). I have it setup though a projector so that side of things is ok. Currently I have the wheel mounted to an ironing board, for a cheap height adjustable stand it its functional with some limitations :)

So I am pondering what to get next. I am trying to figure out if I should go for a wheel stand. Searching the forums here I have pretty much settled on the Next Level one that Pagani has listed. Other option would be pedals, the fanatec CSR Elites.

I kinda see the pedals having the advantage of a better brake pedal feel. Clutch pedal might be good, but then again it wouldn't have a proper shifter. Wheel stand should be more stable and not as crap looking as the ironing board. Overall I am a bit undecided.

So I thought I would put it out there, what would provide the best bang for buck in terms of improving driving experience?
  2. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Hi.
    I would say the best thing for you atm would be get a stable platform for your wheel and pedals.
    Not sure if you have any DIY skills but it's pretty easy to cut up some MDF and screw together to suit your
    shape then you can spend money on a descent seat.
    Goodluck
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I bought a Next Level Racing Stand, the collapsible one so I can tuck it out of the way when I am done. It is great, extremely stable.