What's been your favourites GTLOZ/ROOZ race that you have been in?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by carn_the_pies, Oct 15, 2011.

1. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Just thought i would start a random topic.
    For me personally it was
    Season 2
    Race 3 i think?
    Track Trial mountain in the Tom's castrol Supra 97

I think we did about 22 laps and i was in division 5 i believe in season 2.
    We had about 10 or 11 starters on the grid and i qualified in second spot and had a running battle with neishy and lou8107 for pretty much the whole race.I was in second spot until about lap 17 where neishy had a slip up and i overtook him.
    Unfortuntely though neishy was able to take back the lead on the second last lap and win by about 2.4 seconds off the top off my head and Lou8107 was only a couple of seconds behind me.

What's been your favourite?
  2. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

last season in the macca tokyo. spun around on 3rd corner 1st lap. last by a good 10 seconds. drove my ass off and didnt pit for a 3rd on the podium.
  3. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Season 2. Castrol Tom's Supra. Monza. I thought I ran a pretty steady race in the rain, though it wasn't easy.
    Trusty was in 1st with a few laps to go. He had a couple of moments and by the last lap, 2 or 3 corners from the finish line I caught and passed him but he didn't let me by easily lol. That was my first win in the GTLOZ Series.
    [​IMG]
    The moment that I passed Trustfire!

Also, the enduro race of Season 2 at The Ring. That was an epic one with Barra and myself.
    From the green light it was on. For most of the race Barra and I trading paint and places many times.
    After an hour or so of racing he finished less than .5 of a second behind me! I was pumped!
    That was a great season...Barra was a pain in the ... lol
    The whole season, right from the first race was brilliant. My first online organised race meet/season.
    Big thanks to GTLOZ/ROOZ.

[​IMG]
    Battling with Barra at Flugplatz.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The final lap and Barra right on my tail!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Across the line! SEIDO 1st and Barra 2nd!
  4. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Tough question this one Carn!
    One of my favourites would have to be Season 2 race 3 (Trial mountain). Qualified 1st, battled with Taken1186, exchanging the lead several times. I used the pit overlap to gap taken enough to drop the slipstreem and pushed hard to the finish for the win.
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Great topic..

Instantly Season 2 Race 4; Enduro at Nordschleif springs to mind.
    I couldn't believe after an hour of racing and different pit strats that my battle for 2nd place came down to the final corners.... here's me and Taken after tit-for-tat slip stream passing down the final straight.
    [​IMG]

A few laps earlier Beau was hunting me down to reclaim 1st after his 2nd pit stop vs my 1 stop.
    [​IMG]
  6. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Saw the topic, and the first race I thought of was the Nurb enduro that Seido described above. Was an epic race, with no more than 10sec between us for the entire 1hr or so. Including the dodgy 5th lap on tyres and the last lap of the race in the dark...

A close second would have to be my very first GT League OZ race, in season 2 where I escaped with win on a 0-pit strategy, a mere 1 lap from being caught by a very fast Seido on much fresher tyres. The season 3 enduro at Tsukuba was also a lot of fun...
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Since my first season at ROOZ is nearly over, I'm curious as to what you guys think was the best race you've participated in, one that stands out in your mind. I know some of you veterans may stuggle to remember some season 1 races ;) My favourite race so far is definately the race on Trial Mountain Reverse with that epic duel with beannie for the lead. I still occasionally watch it on the replay because it puts such a huge smile on my face, all it needs is some Murray Walker/James Hunt commentary!

Keen to hear your thoughts. :)

Cheers, Jono
  8. zampli

zampli Team Driver

ummm hard to remember, had some good ones in div2 with the toyota (lots of close racing in that), same with the vette in S6.
    i think the ones that will stand out for me though will be the div1 wins (only two of them i know lol). they totally took me by surprise, especially wet monza, that could probably stand as my most memorable so far.

just thought i'd say something about the other series as well that ive done, seidos enduro around custom toscana track with time change in the caterhams was pretty awesome. chevs supercar series race around le sarthe was fun as well. there are many more, just cant really think about them at the moment
  9. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84

I'm in the exact same situation, first series in rooz and I'm going to say the same as you, round 1 trial mountain reverse with the battle with you n64
  10. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I would have to say it was in the 86 a couple of seasons ago at GVE reverse. Stumbles and I spent half the race within about 2 metres of each other. I think we actually went the better part of a complete lap side by side. We never swapped paint once. Great racing.

Indy Road this season was shaping up to beat it (battling with sid), but a disconnection ruined it!
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Bloody hell, i'd love to see a replay of that race!
  12. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
  13. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    As Barra has pointed out this topic already exists, so have merged new with existing. Carry on ;)
  14. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    daytona nascars hehe
  15. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Being a newbie and still not even a complete season up my sleeve, I don't have many to choose from.

I'm gonna have to say the Tsukuba sprints. My first win in race 1 and awesome battles in race 2.

It must be said that any race in this league is going to be a great one, cause everyone here seems to want the same thing, a clean and fair race. :D
  16. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Hmmm, I have a couple.

First, Season 3, Round 2? the Sprint round at Eiger in the Tamora. It was the first time we ever did a sprint and we screwed up the room settings a bit by setting the reverse grid before the first race, so we all started in the reverse order to qualifying. I can't remember if I had pole time or not, but started on the last row. A great sprint race and ending up winning it, my first ever race win. Then during the break my wheel went AWOL, so I had to do the 2nd race on the controller. From last on the grid I got back up to second which sealed the round victory for me. It took another 5 seasons for the next win!

Secondly, Season 4? at Trial Mountain (or is it Deep Forrest, I always get those two confused) in the McLaren. I had been leading the majority of the race and Dougz was in second. We never had a gap over 1 second, but I somehow kept him at bay. The second part of the race was even closer and he was hounding me something chronic, when I think he made a small mistake giving me my biggest gap (about 4 seconds) with only 3 laps to go. Only a couple of corners later I spun out (twice), and lost the lead. We had developed quite a gap back to the rest so I managed to keep second, but in the process of spinning (twice) I destroyed my tyres and had no hope of catching him. I then had to fend off a fast finishing third place which I managed to do. I was absolutely drained after that race.
  17. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

For me it would be Season 8, Race 5 at Grand Valley East. Enforcer and I were joined at the hip for the last few laps. There is a bit of lag and jerkiness in this vid....but you can get the idea. E got a little sideways coming onto the home straight on the last lap which allowed me to cross the line ahead before the slipstream kicked in.

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwptpyMqTaM[/video]
  18. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    yer that was one of my best races but for me it would definately have to be season 8 Rd2 - Cuircuit De Madrid... snake and chev were infront of me on the last lap then i stormed through to take the win ! season 8 was the best season imo
  19. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I thought season 9 was one of the best imo
  20. zampli

zampli Team Driver

my favourite would be season8 as well. season7 with the RM Camaro probs wouldve been mine if i had given it more practice, but was let down with pedail failures/my failures.
    i wish i had done better in season4 in the mclaren, that wouldve been nice to have battles in.