GT5 WORLD TRACK ENDURANCE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Cyber_STIG_77, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Yes enduro is to tonight :) I'll open room at about 7:30

Good choice ven, it is a quick car but can be unforgiving

Remember guys, 585pp, RH, no tuning and heavy damage :p
  2. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Completely forgot, i couldn't make this race anyway im doing night shift this week.
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Fudging PSN. Grrrrrr. Hope the rest of the race went well.
  4. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Sorry guys, given the situation in the race, I tried to spice things up with a makeshift safety car, which epically backfired somehow.......
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    What happened?
  6. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Due to numerous DC's, I thought I might ask if people wanted a "SC" to bunch up the field again for the last 20 or so laps, so hopefully we didn't get people dropping out due to lack of action and just wanting an exciting race for the last stint.
    So I did that during my last pitstop and was ahead comfortably but it still went wrong somewhere, tb exited the race when he pressed the wrong button, joe left as well and then when were going to get going, tek accidentally smashed close (I think?) on the restart lol, so then we all called it quits.

In hindsight, I probably should've just left it, but I was just trying to spice up the last 20 laps with something so we didn't get people leaving later on. I had a big enough lead and was willing to start from the back on the restart, but organisation didn't go so well without mics :(
  7. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Yeah sorry again about leaving guy's - i was really enjoying the race (was gutted that Cyber disappeared cause we were on a course for a great battle to the end being 1lap different on pitstops and he was catching fast!)
    I understand what you wre trying to achieve Zamps but all the mucking about trying to get everybody on the
    same lap and pitstops done just broke my rhythm - the time difference between NZ makes it tiring(getting old)
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    After my efforts last night you can't possibly be still thinking that :eek:
  9. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    You did surprize me with sitting at the rear of the pack like that - thought you were on some sort of epic pitstop
    strategy :p
    Zamps had that Honda flying but i guess it was abit of a handful?
  10. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    last nights race was so frustrating ! i had a terrible qually then i got into the back of T_B_williams ( sorry m8 ) at T2 which bent both my rims. i managed to gain a few spots back and got my FL tyre damaged trying to pass emmo so for the next 15 or so laps it was a battle to keep the car under control but managed to get into 4th and was chasing down tek. i pitted on L19 ( handling was getting bad fast ) and came out dead last but after everyone had pitted i was hunting down joe in 2nd ( had some great battles throughout the race m8 ) and was looking at a fight for second which was a good result after a horror start, then BLACK SCREEN o: :mad: :mad: :( .

anyway thanks to everyone who showed up and i hope you all had a great race :)
  11. zampli

zampli Team Driver

I liked that honda, especially the last sector, thats why I chose it. Felt like a blast to drive.

I'm really sorry the SC went so badly wrong, I still dont quite understand how it failed so badly, I thought we'd bunch up (not actually stop, just like a SC), let people unlap then wait for others to sort it out but I'm not sure where it went so wrong.
    Then at some point we'd go off after the starting line, but yeah, it failed bad somewhere.

I'm really sorry guys, bad to impro like that without mics, but just tried to make it more exciting in last 20 laps :(
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I was very happy with the car in practice, it goes were it's pointed, but last night I just couldn't get it together. I was a second off my practice time to go 5th on the grid but outbraked myself into the sand at turn one and then ran about 4 secs back from what looked like great battle, I was itching to catch up but couldn't. I eventually got close to T_B but then lost it and damaged the car. At one stage I thought I could continue after another minor off damaged the left rear but after a slow struggling lap I realised it wasn't going to clear up and had to pit for a third time on lap 33. By then I was miles behind and very lonely. At least I made Closey's night as he reckons he lapped me, I didn't see that but it is probable that he did. Between lap 15 or so and the mid 20s he was tantalisingly just disappearing around the next corner all the time but I just couldn't bridge the gap. I never did get into a rythym. Until next time.
  13. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Didn't lap you Emmo lol, it was just a comment to point out I was finally in front of you by a long way after so long. It was just an intersting race, was not quick at all but very consistent, only damage I received got it from other cars outbraking themselves trying to get past.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I wouldn't have been surprised if you were a lap ahead Close. I went into the sand twice at turn 1, spun at the last corner trying to get at T_B, ran into the sand going up to the cork screw. all those caused no damage just time loss. I lost it out out of the cork screw about lap 25 and destroyed the front and engine. Lucky it is not too far to the pits so lost about 20 secs in all. I then went into the wall backwards on the down hill left hander about lap 32 and damaged the left rear, I thought I could continue and didn't pit but it never cleared and after an agonising struggle where Zamps lapped me I pitted the next lap. I was a lap behind at that stage but couldn't tell where I was in relation to every body else. Early on I made some ground after my first pit stop and was running 2 places from last before it all unravelled. All in all a night to forget but I will be back for more.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Hey, I just realised I was leading this race with Zampli chasing me when the race was abandoned. Can I chalk this up as a great win!! :D ;)]:D
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    What car were you using Emmo?
  17. zampli

zampli Team Driver

He was using the Weider as well.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, I had the Weider. Could we re run the race next week?
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I just reread this and Mustafer's query following it and hope that nobody thought I was serious about claiming the win. I was only in front because Zamps reshuffled us and when I ended up in front I decided to give 'em a run for their money. If they hadn't shuffled me back to last by the end I would have stopped until everybody passed me and I was back where I was before the reshuffle.
  20. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    i'm happy to re-run, maybe next week 29th ?? let me know what you guys want to do :)