[COMPLETE] Assetto Corsa Season 5: Prepare to SLIDE.

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jan 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

Yeah awesome racing guys! It's great to have a large grid, where there's racing throughout. Got a fantastic start in Race 2 which let me get a buffer ahead of QC, which I needed as he was catching quickly. Just held on to it in the end, so really happy with this round. Had a great battle with BJ in Race 1 as well, and I think a really good result for Team Pagnian with Slasher Mael and Ash doing well.
    DarrenO likes this.
  2. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    Peter Wise and loris P. like this.
  3. Pete

Pete Rookie

4. zampli

zampli Team Driver

glad thats over lol, probably my least favourite car/track combo in a while haha, the more i drive montreal the more i realise i only like it in formula cars.
  5. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

ops must have had anons page up lol ill edit
  6. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

That was one of my best races since joining this league. After having some personal issues that affected my racing I feel that I am back in the full swing of things and last nights race showed that.
    I was surprised with the pace of Cherno and pushed myself to top his lap time, which I would have been close to doing if I didn't run out of fuel down pit straight on my fastest lap.
    The two race format was a welcome change as it allowed a different approach. Both races I was pretty well matching Cherno, catching him in some sectors than losing a little bit here and there due to small mistakes. It was some fantastic racing, hope to do more up the front like that in the future here.

Well done to all who raced.

Shaun
  7. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

I actually like the the 2 Race format over the Bigger 1 Race event, if you stuff up in Race 1 you can try make up in Race 2.
    I'd like to see a mix of the 2 Race events in the other series. Think it provides closer racing.
    David Brister, Anon666, Mael and 2 others like this.
  8. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

well after not being able to load the servers to enter the room, with big thanks to mini man, verifying all AC files all it needed was a modem reboot, managed to get into qual session with 5mins to go.

Beginning to dislike this restart policy, the mid to faster drivers seem to create the accident, as a slow driver i got through all the carnage both times picking up heaps of positions, i know full well that the drivers that have spun off will catch me, but to gain the race experience of mixing it with other drivers is an area i do need to get practice at, otherwise the race is rather dull i lap for the 1st 1-2 laps with cars in sight then i just have to wait for the faster guys to come back around, which isnt racing. and while its not the fault of all the drivers that have been involved in the accident, maybe a penalty system needs to be looked at be it, a drive through or addition time added after the race, the results we now get have the crash incident list so you can see whos caused what although i cant work out the speed it records next to the incident?

Edit: i jumped from 16th to 8th in the 1st race lap 1, held it for 2 laps then slipped back, by lap 6 i was in my finishing position of 2nd last

not sure which race it was i was holding off spita, and the chicane before the hairpin, he out breaks himself, trying to go under me, taking me out, which lets 3 more cars past me, spita gave me the position, thanks, but was able to pass me pretty soon after, but thats racing, so if were having too many accidents at the start, im sure some penalty system will see drivers behave better. I herd some one mid race comment on loris p cutting a corner and how they werent happy, then some one said oh hes a lap down, and it was ok. Loris past me later in that race for a position, now if hes been cutting corners to catch up, how is that fair? he had no chance of catching the faster guys who commented, but i saw loris pulling sub 2min laps, was that due to cutting, or the guys that fast?

Edit: Sorry just saw results Loris didnt pass me, but i know he was catching me fast

Overall i enjoyed the racing, rubbing is racing we used to say in my speed way days, these cars handle damage with out much penalty so its not too bad. 1st race would have been much better if my wife hadnt of pulled my wheels USB cable out of the pc thinking it was her phone charger cord, the wheel continued to work, but i had to hold the wheel about 25degrees to the right to go straight which made it fun.

And i managed in both races to finish 2nd last keeping my consistent finishing record in tack of every race so far finishing 2nd last, lol
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    loris P., ashcow, Cherno and 5 others like this.
  9. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

The Restarts last night was the 1 Guy trying to go 3 wide into Turn 1 and took out 3 cars on that go.
    The incident on the 1st restart was caused by 1 driver going across the grass and taking out the leader and a few other cars.

If drivers just chill and hold position till the field calms for a lap, it would be ok.
    c4rLo5 and Peter Wise like this.
  10. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Apex Room Results:
    http://simresults.net/160229-uV2 Race 1.
    http://simresults.net/160229-n6L Race 2.

There have been a heap of guys finishing on equal points after the 2 races. The person with the highest place finish overall finishes ahead. If that doesn't resolve it, then we looked at fasted lap time. Any problems let me know after Hat makes them official.

Overall I had a really mixed bag. The combo suited me and I was loving wrestling the beast around the corners and over the curbs. Sadly my consistency is getting worse and I couldn't sort my gears and brain costing me heaps of places, but FL is still pretty sweet!!
    Cyber_STIG_77 and Peter Wise like this.
  11. ashcow

ashcow New Recruit

Heaps of sympathy for Dave. Darren is right. There is lots to fix in the mid field off Div 2. I am so holding my tongue but...
    What I really wanted to say was for the next rounds. Why don't we do the Urd formula light or Renault 3.5 on the tracks we have just raced. They are all big tracks and would save Anon, Pete and Drift from testing pits etc etc.
    zampli likes this.
  12. David Brister

Its funny how at a race start some people cant see the tail lights ahead of them, their natural brake markers cant be used at turns 1, 2, 3, at least while the pack is packed
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  13. Mael

Mael Professional

I've done a series in the Renault's and believe me it was a lot tougher. The slightest touch would cause bodywork damage with the resultant aero damage being disastrous for one's laptimes. Any overtaking must be very accurate with none of the bumping and grinding associated with the fords :whistling:.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  15. David Brister

dont we get points for each race at Montreal? i finished 16th in 1st race = 9 then in 2nd race 16th again so another 9 for 18 points in total but i only have 8 points in the list above?
  16. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    Yeah I hear what your saying Dave. I locked up a wheel on the inside of the corner which caused me to bump into you. I did give the position back knowing full well it was my fault but we both ended up losing more positions because of it.
    I have found that most of the races this season have been good it's only been this on that was particularly bad. Don't know if it was the track or what but I agree with what somebody said over the mic that "there's not much curtiousy being shown out there". I felt like I was being blocked at every overtake attempt and even swerving from side to side to stop me going past at some points (not by you Dave), so by the time I got to Dave I felt like I had to be really aggressive to get past. By no means am I saying people should pull over to let faster people through because that is no fun, just saying some etiquette needs to be applied.
    Just my thoughts.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    sprint rounds are calculated differently.
    You get full points for race 1 and half for race 2. They are added up and then all drivers are ranked for the final finishing positions based on those points.
    The final positioning is how the round points are awarded as per the normal points.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  18. David Brister

oh ok, wasnt aware of that Hatfield, so by finishing 2nd last (16th) both races my over all position is 17th as it was different drivers behind me both times, is that right?
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    would be something like that yes. @Anon666 just gave me the final positions after calculation
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  20. Pete

Pete Rookie

I watched the replay of race 2 and saw what you were refering to. It was pretty blantant.
    I think I saw another incident of blocking this in race 1, but that was my view of a few cars ahead of me (no replay so I can't be sure).

But I agree with you spita there needs to be a bit more etiquette/race craft applied by some. That said there are plenty of people that I know I can race and safely. Div2 is always going to be a mix of expirence.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.