PCARS Season 2 - Div 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 10, 2016.

1. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    hahah
  2. VENDALISM

VENDALISM Rookie

PSN ID
    VENDALISM
    Hey Lads,
    Apologies to my team members/division as I have been absent for all race meetings hence one, unfortunately I'm very busy atm with business and family commitments and should be back in the sim seat over the next couple of months...

All the best and may the fastest Man win !

Cheers Vendal
  3. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    A good result this round. Got a blinder of a start again as usual but once again nowhere to go. If I ever qualify near the front I'll be gone by turn 1 for sure lol. Got shuffled backwards a little in the first few turns trying to stay out of trouble but made up a couple of places as @Kart-No-1 took @garyw61's temperature after the short straight section. After a few laps I was latched on to @seowster and chased him for quite a few laps, with a couple of opportunities for a pass going to the way-side as I really felt we were so even in most places it would have been a pretty dodgy bump-pass that could end badly for both/either of us.

So I just tried to stay on his tail as much as I could and wait for a mistake that never came. I ended up messing up at about half distance, clipping the exit tyre bundle in the tight chicane. I spun around but kept the boot in and turned it full 360 and got away fairly well considering. I think it was @SuiCid3 behind me that closed the gap to a couple of seconds after that but I managed to pull it back out and make some inroads back on seowster.

In testing, my tyres were pretty shagged by half distance and I really struggled to keep it in a straight line, so I set my strategy for a 1 stopper, 45L starting fuel with a splash and tyres to finish the race. I wonder if it was the heavy fuel load in testing, because in the race I still had plenty of tyre right up until my fuel was getting low at about lap 18. I was kicking myself and seeing no-one else pitting I thought my race was over. I was in last place of the cars still running when I came out and more than a little disapponted. Oh well I thought and put my head down. Straight away I was back to my race pace and was reeling drivers in fairly easily with my fresh tyres. As I approached them it seemed that when they attempted to hold me off they overcooked their worn tyres and I could get past from their mistakes. In the end I finished where I was before I pitted so can't really complain about that. If I could have stayed with seowster my result may have improved but I'm pretty sure if I'd gone the no-stopper route I'd have spun at some stage and ruined my race anyway.

Well done @seth123 , @Stiffsht and seowster.

15min clip coming tomorrow.
    seowster, SuiCid3, JonoStan96 and 2 others like this.
  4. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Well done Seth and cheers, I owe you one lol.
    seth123 likes this.
  5. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    I had a very relaxed race, did little practice during the week and qualified poorly. I decided to hang back not to ruin anyone else's race and just take what I get and move over when anyone came up. Worked out alright. Hopefully I can be more competitive next round
    seth123 and beakeroo like this.
  6. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  7. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I was .9 of a second up on my qualy lap but ran out of time just after the last right hander...
    Was on track for my best ever time of a high 41.... :(
    seth123 likes this.
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Hey Jamie, how do you save the video clip without having to go into the menu (and thus ruining your race)?
  9. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    You can set it up to double tap share button to record the next fifteen minutes. It's in the settings.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yep, exactly.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah was some good racing again Rano.

That first pass was just the stupid game magnetising us when you made contact with me turning in. In GT6 we would have just driven on. :(
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  12. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    @stucar17 Just read that the last round is not being ran until April 3rd, is this true? If so I can make it to the last race :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    stucar17 likes this.
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    True
    beakeroo likes this.
  14. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yep, we are all gonna be too stuffed from eating hot cross buns, chocolate rabbits and eggs to race Sunday night :)
    George and beakeroo like this.
  15. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Any chance of getting the ongoing protest from last round sorted out before the season ends?
    :p
    George and seowster like this.
  16. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i thought it had been sorted o_O
  17. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Hat seems to think there is a second one that's why we have no results posted here?
  18. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    mmm, just checked my PMs and could only see one.......could be blind though !

EDIT : Was blind ! there is a second one, however there is no replay at this stage and have asked to see where the guys are up to as far as getting something to me

The first penalty is 15 secs added to V8power racetime for avoidable contact returning to the racetrack....he does have the right to appeal however......He finished 4th, not sure where the penalty will place him....EDIT 2 ! Hatfield had already factored this into the point scores apparently....The second protest has one of the top 3 drivers involved and "could" have a bearing on their points....
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    seth123 and beakeroo like this.
  19. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Just been looking into the points and completed the drop rounds.
    goes kinda like this,

Beaka- 105
    Bandit- 78
    Seo- 75
    Gary- 74
    Seth- 74

If Bandit, Poles, Fastest laps and wins it he will equal Beaka if beaka doesn't show up. in that case how do we workout who wins the tittle :eek: better get your practise in Bandit ;)

If Seo perfectly scores he will fall short from beaka as will the rest.

Beaka just has to score a few points like grab poll and go home and his tittles secure

If I beat you lot from I will grab 2nd in the tittle :p

It seems Beaka has got this one secure but the battle for 2nd is totally on!

:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:
    Spidey_11, beakeroo and stucar17 like this.
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    tie break is sorted by who has the most wins...if that ties, who has the most seconds and so on
    In that case if bandit wins and they tie, bandit and beaker both have 2 wins, 1 second, but beaker has thirds and bandit does not.

So if your points above are correct then it is done and dusted...but they aren't final points yet
    Spidey_11 and seth123 like this.