Season 3 - Radical SR3-RS Tuning Thread

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by COME_AND_GET_ME7, May 1, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ill put up my tune as well, or give out to anyone who wants it....

Am running low 53s in the wet and low 47s in the dry
  2. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    From memory I think they did, yeah. I was completely outta tyres within 8 laps though.
  3. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    As promised, hopefully this works for you guys! Wouldn't read into my pressures too much, still very much figuring them out!
  4. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Guys, should post your lap times on it as well. Give the guys who don't have time to tune a rough idea of what times could be had if they use the tune.
  5. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Nice one. Lots of adjustments.
    What wheel are you using?
  6. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Yet to do dry running, but in the Wet i've hit 51's with that, Theoretical PB in the 50's

Aha, i've actually toned it down from what i normally run, just tried to move it a bit closer to default this week, whilst increasing mechanical grip for the wet. I use a Logitech G29 and i love it, had 0 dramas.
    Sam D Blacklock and vh_mik like this.
  7. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    You could squeeze an extra 2-3km/h top speed out if you tuned your ride height at top speed a little better - thats playing in the margins for tenths tho
  8. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    What do you mean by that exactly? Tuning ride height at top speed?
    Are you referring to the rake i use or am i running too high somewhere? I'm keen to learn aha
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  9. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Share your setup Spectre
    vh_mik likes this.
  10. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Basically due to the soft spring rates and the aero you are running the suspension will compress more under aerodynamic load (ie at high speed) at the rear than at the front, leaving you with the rear being lower than the front - thus generating lift.

If you switch the display to the tele HUD and run at high speed you'll probably be able to see this start to happen at over 200km/h - the real time ride height is the bottom of the three suspension numbers shown at each corner of the car.

For max speed you want the car to be as flat as possible giving a stable aerodynamic platform and least drag - any unintended forces (either lift or downforce) equals drag which robs you of top speed.

As I said this is playing around in the margins and probably not worth alot of time, but to fix this you either have to raise the rear to compensate for the compression at speed, stiffen the rear springs or prop it up on the bump stops. Now i've been playing with this for the last few rounds and I dont have a good answer. I've tried raking the car excessively to try and fix this, but adding rake (raising the rear higher than the front so it tilts forward, for those who dont know) to this car just moves the centre of pressure (the point where the downforce acts on the car) too far forward leading to a bit too much oversteer on medium speed corners, it's less driveable (it screws with the roll coupling too much - the relationship between the CofG and roll centre at each end), and slower (as you have to add more wing to compensate) at least on the last 2 tracks, than without the raking - Brno suited this approach a bit better (and its something Red Bull did well during their dominance of F1, check how much they raked those cars but they had shedloads of rear downforce to play with, more than anyone else.

At the moment im trying adding a heap of rear bump stop to have the car sitting on its rear bump stops down the main straight. This does mean you have less suspension travel and can be a bad idea if you're hitting the bump stops during corners (and unsettling the car) but at the moment I havent seen that as the bump travel of the suspension of the bumps in the track/curbs is generally less than that seen under aero load because this car is so light (unless its a big curb which you'll want to stay off anyway).

Hopefully that makes sense...
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    George, Beau_Albert and Zachery like this.
  11. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    woah spectre. can you tune my car plzz lol
    VARDZ and ADZA_85 like this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    tl:dr
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  13. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    *bows to Spectre*

King of thr car gods man..
  14. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Geez Spectre, no wonder you're at the pointy end of Div 1
  15. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Putted around with vertically stock setup getting 1:57's with almost no tyre wear problem you guys were experiencing.

Put in Beau's tune (Still have my steering ratio at 13) and first flying lap had me down to a high 1:52.7 but front left is wearing almost 6-8% per lap.

You have to tune this car, the difference is to great not to. Nice tune and thx for the vid Beau
    SPL Racing likes this.
  16. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Always welcome dude!
    As for the wear, like i said, i wouldn't worry about it too much with my pressures i'm running. I struggle alot getting correct figures, so i imagine when you pluck them from someone elses tune, that wear should hopefully decrease a little!
    Will be good to see you back this week Spidey!
    Sam D Blacklock and Spidey_11 like this.
  17. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Anyone else think this blokes Jamie Whincup in real life and just loves playing PlayStation during supercar events?? I'm onto you Jamie.... I want a signed hat.
    SuiCid3, SPL Racing, Zachery and 4 others like this.
  18. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Thanks @Beau_Albert tryed this today and found 4 seconds in the wet and 2 in the dry. Harder to drive but much quicker
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  19. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    NNNNOOOO you are quick enuf!!!
    Zachery likes this.
  20. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    :roflmao: