Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Enough discussion on the penalties please. We will work something out and get back to you.
    Zachery and JonoStan96 like this.
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah, hards and meds will be the compulsary compounds there. hopefully another 1 stopper then. T1 should be easier to navigate there also.
  3. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

The results page on page 44 should be the finishing result. Penalties given right there on the screen. End result.
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    @Hatfield might have to get the cleaning gear out again.
    seth123 likes this.
  5. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Yeah, as much as i agree im not having my 3rd place taken off me due to someone lagging into me twice, i finished 3rd anyway, but if anyone gets moved up and ends up in front of me then i will be sending Jono the clips of me getting pushed into penalties and hope that i get enough time back to stay 3rd.
    Knuckles likes this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    final warning on discussion of penalties before posts get deleted. We are discussing privately.
    Sam D Blacklock and Zachery like this.
  7. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Come on guys, bit more respect for Jobno trying to run the series, too many :):):):):)es not enough kennels at the moment it seems :(

It's hard work running a series bare with the man while he watches WTAC, if it's that desperate go throw something at him at the track :thumbsup:

And pleas should be abusing him in PM!

On to one of the best tracks of the calendar, let's try keep our wings there shall we :cool:
  8. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    We should make sure this info is in the weekly drivers briefing
  9. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    So as a general rule, is it always the two harder compounds which must be put on (Not started on) in the race?
    Also, if i qualify 11th and i have free choice of tyres, does that then count as a race set, or is that still deemed a quali set?
    Sorry, never quite heard of this ruling before and would love to be crystal clear on it :thumbsup:
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I do believe its the harder 2 compounds that are compulsary yes. One of the compulsary tyre sets must be used, and you must change tyres at least once.
    If you qually 11th or lower. Your first set will be classed as a race set.

Im 99.9% sure on that. But for clarities sake, would like someone just to confirm what i said is true and makes sense
  11. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    AFAIK, with the rule came in this year with the introduction of the 3 types of tyres per round. When a driver chooses their 13 sets for the rounds, the FIA automatically assigns each driver 1 set of the softest compound should that driver make it to Q3, if not it is an extra set that can be used during the race, and also a set of each of the 2 harder types of harder tyres for that race (e.g at Japan, the softest set were Softs, middle set were the Mediums and the Hardest set were the Hards). So for every drivers allocation, they will automatically have one set of softs, one set of mediums, and one set of hards. The set of mediums and hards assigned to each driver can only be used during the race, and not during any other session. The driver does not have to use that specific set of tyres, but each driver must use one set of any of the 2 harder compounds for that weekend during the race otherwise they face a post race investigation and a penalty. Much like last season though, a driver must also use 2 different compounds of tyres during the race

Long story short, each driver must use at least one set of the middle or harder tyre during the race otherwise they will be penalized. In @Beau_Albert 's case, I think it was just an F1 game glitch
    The_Spectre likes this.
  12. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Beaus issue was because his compulsary compound (Softs) were his qually tyres so technically not a race allocated compound. He then went on to SS tyres (which arent one of the compulsary compounds) therefore he needed to use a compulsary set out of his race allocation. If hed went onto softs instead of SS there wouldnt have been an issue.

Everything else you said is 100% correct though
  13. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Nope, if i pitted for Softs i havent used 2 compounds :p
    I was doomed in any direction i went except for Mediums to my understanding...
  14. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Nah man, your original softs do count as a compound, but not a race allocated compulsary compound. I pitted once, took meds and raced till the end. Meds were my race allocated compulsary compound. If that makes sense.

EDIT::):):):) thats if the compulsary compounds were meds and softs, but the more i think about it, meds and hard were the compulsary ones i think. You get what i meant though i hope. :thumbsup:

EDIT #2 nope, you woulda been sweet on softs. Options were SS, Softs and meds. Needed a race allocated set of meds or softs to go on when you pitted
  15. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    2 sets of Soft's isn't 2 different compounds.
    I would've done my 'compulsary set of tyre' change, but i wouldve needed a second stop for either SS or M
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Ill shutup now. Youre right. The "two different compounds "bit was forgotten after my first post. Too many beers
  17. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

The 3rd qually set is only available for Q3, and is returned after qually finishes. (This is no relevance for us as we only do 1 qually session) If you dont make the top 10 in qually then you can start on one of the compulsory sets, but still will have to pit at least once for a different compund.
    The_Spectre, Beau_Albert and Zachery like this.
  18. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

From what I just read, the far right 2 sets of race tyres on the tyre selection sceeen are the 2 mandatory sets, so one of them must be used in the race.
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    After much discussion out back with Hatfield, I've decided to reverse my previous hardline stance on disputing time penalties.

Points for penalty removals: As we saw, the penalty against Spectre was overly harsh, and completely unnecessary. To be slapped with a penalty like that for no reason is unreasonable. It is a race ruiner, and one surely must sympathise with a driver who loses a race win due to being gyped. The game has been proven to be inconsistent with its penalty system and definition of track limits.

Points against penalty removals: It can easily be easily open to interpretation, and the last thing we want is everyone blowing up after a race regards a time penalty they want removed. It could start a dangerous precedent of reviews and frustration. The game's lack of a save replay feature is a key omission, and is a pain to work around when you consider Pcars and GT6 both have it, which makes handling protests much easier. Penalties have been applied post race in both titles, but never removed. Also, your engineer can alert you if a car nearby has a time penalty. If you're chasing a car and your engineer tells you to back off due to a penalty, only to have said penalty removed, the race has been compromised.

In conclusion, while I still would like to take the risk and allow time penalties to be disputed, the can of worms it could open up is potentially fatal. As a result, time penalties as a result of track limits can no longer be disputed. The game's say is the final say. Knuckles' 6th place will remain and tables will be edited in due course.

If anyone has any further queries regarding this issue please contact myself and/or Hatfield in PM.
  20. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I think thats the right call, even though i agree with sentiments in regards to spectre. (Hes my team mate remember lol) so good call jono and hat.

I do have 1 question though. If people are found to be excessively cutting that will still be able to be looked at or not? Just wanna confirm it works both ways or not is all :)

Other than that i understand everything youve said
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.