PCARS Season 5 Tips and Tricks

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Beau_Albert, Oct 4, 2016.

1. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    You'll find the time beau I've done a flat 14 and you will no doubt find another .5
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Agree, I make the bold prediction that by race time I see big bad beau with a high 12 next to his name
    jasondull1986 and Beau_Albert like this.
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    And @Samsung1998racer will be in the 12s with no practice somehow
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  4. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Managed a 13.705 but nothing more I could get out of it rhetorical best Was a 13.704, only .001 diff.I can't find much more in it than that. @stucar17 yeah mate you were real quick in the meet and greet. You could be on pole.:thumbsup:
    What have you got your bars set at?..
    I'm Default front 2 clicks stiffer rear
    Edit...tried again and now 13.584 haha
    I think that once the tyres get hot it's alot harder getting the quick times.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  5. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    That kid has something funky in his Chicken, all week i see him online and he's average.
    On Sunday he has his chicken and BAM he scores 25 points :confused:
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    Sam D Blacklock, George and Zachery like this.
  6. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I'm div 4 and got constantly in the 14's with a best of 14.475
    Got Front bar full soft rear bar 4 or 5 stiffer and gave the brake bias a few to the front
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  7. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    14's o_O Damn I have some work to do. I just did a run and was running mid/low 15's for about 11 laps then tyres would start letting go. I may "borrow" those bar settings for a go. It may help with front tyre wear (fingers crossed).
  8. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    I managed to do a 14.0 not really sure how but my pace actually isn't bad here. Just got to tighten up the corner round the hill up the top
  9. Anthonyb

Front left really starts to hurt after a while i think it will be hard to get around here without taking tyres maybe twice
    George likes this.
  10. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Hang on there.... who YOU calling a kid hahah damn youngsters *shakes fist*
    Beau_Albert and Zachery like this.
  11. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    His younger than me and isn't yet 18; soooo.... KID :p
    #WhatLogic?
    Spidey_11 and Zachery like this.
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok, so did a race distance last night and ran 18 laps till first stop and my Front left was down to 56% but still managed to run mid to high 14s on average over the run.....pitted end lap 19 and then ran to the end and my front left was on 61%...again with laps in the low to mid 14s as an average....

The temps do get high, but grip IS NOT an issue even though the app is saying i have a volcano on the FL.

I played around with the bars a little but had a PB of 13:7 with the bars hard and then a few laps of 13:8 with the bars soft, and 1 lap with stock bars where i was .15 up on the 13:7 but blew it on the hill...So the answer to the bars is "buggered if i know" !

Personally i will go up 6 clicks all round and then soften the front as the wear starts to hit.

I played very little with pressures after and lowered the FL pressure and upped the RR.....did nothing as far as temps went on the FL, was still too hot so not sure what the answer is there.....
  13. Anthonyb

Today i did a run (at home sick so what else was i ment to do) pitted on lap 20 with LF at 60% but times still where consistently mid to high 14's LF was getting to118* but didn't seem to affect grip.
    George and Zachery like this.
  14. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    To put those minds at rest that are no doubtly scratching there heads regarding sway bars and brake bias (since we really dont want this to turn into a tuning race).
    Ive done a 1.13.763 on 10laps of juice and no alterations to brakes or bars

The trick here is to just drive as flat our as possible on the limit, dont understeer round turn 2 and find the throttle as soon as possible for the final turn
    Jim_aka_The_Man likes this.
  15. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    I should probably ask that.... is everyone practising on 60 litres? Or do some practise on a much lower fuel load?
    I personally turn fuel consumption and tyre wear off at the start of the week so i get an accurate baseline test of what pace can be done at the heaviest possible fuel load, this is also when i usually record my 'hotlap' videos in case anyones wondering why i occassionally go much quicker in the race then i do during my videos.
    I don't turn fuel/tyre wear on until Saturday where i usually run a full race simulation.
    Anthonyb, Spidey_11 and George like this.
  16. Anthonyb

To keep bars simple if you find the car under steering in a corner (pushing not turning) you can soften the front bar (go to a smaller number) if you find the car over steering (the back trying to become the front) soften the rear bar. I think that is a simple explanation to a complicated thing.
    5% of speed is set up 45% is talent and the other 50% is big balls
    SPL Racing and George like this.
  17. Anthonyb

Brake bias: if you increase the number so take it from 56 to 60 you increase the braking force to the front brakes. This can help in turn in because it can help get the car to pitch (transfer weight to the front) helping the front tyres bight. It can also minimize rear wheel lock up as the car gets lighter in the rear under braking. I hope this helps anyone who is unsure of how it works.
    Spidey_11 and SPL Racing like this.
  18. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    In the near 600 hours i have played of project cars, i have to say that moving the bias forward just gives you more stability and understeer. Moving it back gives you more oversteer (Better turn in) and instability. There is really no turn-in advantage from moving it forward unfortunately.
  19. Anthonyb

In 20 years (yes I'm old) of building and servicing rally cars the rule of thumb is brake bias forward for better braking and to aid turn in with weight transfer more rear brake will help turn in by locking the rears and backing it in. It also depends on driving style (that is a big part) saying that this is a game and things happen different in the real world.
  20. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Brake bias adjustments in rally or dirt based racing is a different kettle of fish.

Tarmac racing brake bias forward increases the weight transfer of the car forwards, this in turn loads up the front end and adds weight to wheel input creating understeer.
    Opposite effect moving rear wards.

Your not wrong Ant. Your rule would apply to rally
    Anthonyb and Sam D Blacklock like this.