PCARS Season 5 Tips and Tricks

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Beau_Albert, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    [​IMG]

Remember meet and greet is scheduled for this sunday with R1 set to kick off on the 16th october, sunday week
    Alright, here we are for another season! Meet and Greet just 4 days away, thought i should kick this thread off!
    This can be a little hub to ask for help with what laptimes should each Div be aiming at, how can you find more laptime, Anti-Roll bar and Brake Bias suggestions, anything! Helps keep the Division threads cleaner, but also if you want information on pace for each track, you know right where to find it!
    When the track list is released next week, i'll also be posting a commentated Hotlap video each week *With the hope that i'm competitive enough* to be able to maybe help a lower div driver find a handful of tenths. Thanks to everyone for the support last season on those, and also to those who private messaged me suggestions in the off season on how to make them more helpful in regards to brake markers and telemetry, i'll be taking all of that on board. Otherwise.... let's hope for some close racing!

Round 1. Circuit Du Bugatti

Round 2. Willow Springs
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    garyw61, Anthony, Anthonyb and 4 others like this.
  2. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Thanks mate this is a great help. one thing I would like to know is how you tapped into our game and from what planet you are actually from.

By the way I hope the recovery is coming along well.
    stucar17, Spidey_11 and Beau_Albert like this.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Remember meet and greet is scheduled for this sunday with R1 set to kick off on the 16th october, sunday week
    Beau_Albert and Zachery like this.
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
  5. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    [​IMG]
  6. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    A slightly complicated and perhaps confusing requirement to do before competing this season. I made this video to hopefully clear up any confusion so we have a trouble free Meet & Greet and Round 1. Good luck all tomorrow!
  7. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Round 1. Circuit Du Buggati

Time set to 4:00 to replicate Qualifying.
    Roll Bars Softened up front, stiffer at the rear.
    Sorry if my Mic was a tad quiet, recorded at Midnight! :) Hope theres something to learn!
    #NeverBackDown
    agolfer78, Spidey_11, garyw61 and 7 others like this.
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    awesome, found where im losing at least a second from that. thanks mate :thumbsup:
    Anthonyb and Beau_Albert like this.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    guys, i will be adding a driver briefing tomorrow at some stage so some of the stuff in here may change a little.....

Namely with the tire regs.....we will now be running the OPTION to run without a tire change, BUT YOU WILL NEED TO CHANGE YOUR PIT OPTION TO NO TIRE CHANGE INSTEAD OF SYMMETRICAL. Its up to you.....if you think you can make the end of the race without changing then go for it, but you may be chased down by someone who takes a longer stop and get fresh tires and finishes with a heap of grip....i think the difference is about 12 seconds.....

garyw61 and Nathancarhead like this.
  10. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    anyone share their brake balance and sway bar settings?

I'm struggling to come to terms with this beast at the moment...
  11. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Alot are softening the rear of the car up to settle the rear down on mid-corner power delivery, but i personally have softened the front and gone stiffer at the rear. All comes down to driving style and preference, but what i'm saying is theres different ways to go about it so my best advice is experiment and dont be afraid to go into some crazy stiffness settings, my ARB's are pretty extreme....
    Brake Bias at 56% to stop so much initial push when the weight settles on corner entry
    Spidey_11 and The_Spectre like this.
  12. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I'm going to have a tinker with sway bars and brake biased tmrw but I've done it before so I won't have a magic setting yet haha
  13. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    i've been playing too much F1, and this thing feels like steering a boat!
    zuluwoffle and Zachery like this.
  14. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    i know man, its quite difficult to get used to the car after a night on F1. lot more steering input, for a lot less actual steering!
    need to focus on PCars until sunday, then F1 Monday to Thursday.
  15. cruciald00dz

cruciald00dz Team Driver

PSN ID
    CRUCIALD00DZ
    on the flipside, I've always had much better throttle control in pcars after a session on f1.. mind you the majority of my time is spent without any driving aids.. even steering becomes alot easier because everything seems to move alot slower lol
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    all the more reason to keep going with F1!!
  17. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Round Two in the Twilight at the twisty Willow Springs Circuit!

Alot of this track is about feel, knowing how early you can get on the power and how late you can brake without any real reference points. It's tough and i'm not 100% comfortable yet so in the event i do find alot more time throughout the week, which is quite likely seeing as this has been a bogey track of mine in the past, i'll post a second non-commentated lap. But for now, here is a 1.13.91. Hope it helps!
    :thumbsup:
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks beau......i am expecting you to find some time.....did a 14:1 there the other night, with 1 lap being .6 up before i blew it going over the hill onto the back straight....those curbs are brutal ! Am expecting lap times across all the divs to be quite close this round given so much of the lap is full throttle. Remember fuel will be on SLOW this week......Tire wear real again.

Found in testing that the tire temps get high, but there is no real drop in tire grip or performance. Slightly more understeer through T2 but is very manageable.

Also been interesting to hear what people are running on their bars last week....in the end i went 2 clicks harder on the front and 5 softer in the rear, but there were guys with softer front and harder rears which gives them lap time....

I dont think there was a lot of variation in Brake bias, i went up 1 click to 59 but not sure it actually made any difference !
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    webnomad, Sam D Blacklock and George like this.
  19. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    All i did for round 1 was move the bias up to 59 about 2/3's in to the race. Never changed sway bars.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  20. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Would you be able to post some Sector times for me to chase? I've run some more laps today and i haven't found a single tenth. I don't feel like i have Turn 2 quite right, but i doubt i'm losing all my time there alone.
    You were a missile around here in Meet & Greet so who knows, you could be chasing a third PCARS Div1 Podium or better this weekend Stu!
    Spidey_11 and SPL Racing like this.