Division 3 - Season 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Didn't even know you could mute people in the lobby... But may start doing the party room thing...
    Anthonyb and Beau_Albert like this.
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I turn my chat volume down, but it doesn't stop the annoying name flashing up on the side, same as joining a party chat. It is a mildly annoying glitch.
  3. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Totally off topic but is there a way to NOT receive an email for conversation updates?
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    pretty sure its an option in your profile page
  5. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Done it for forum threads but can't find anything for conversations. I'm getting 10-20 emails a day for stuff I come here to check anyway.
  6. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    Mick, unwatch the conversation at the top of this page, the watch it again and uncheck the receive email notifications box.
  7. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    What a great turnout for round 1!! Hopefully we can keep this up.

Was very surprised to qualify 4th considering some of the times I was seeing in the warm up session. As the clock ticked down I waited with baited breath but no it didn't change. I took a photo of my dash and as I did @VARDZ must have DSC without me noticing.

Anyway the race fires up and I spot the blank grid space ahead and wonder wth is going on and totally muffed the start. @Anthonyb gets the jump on me and starts to move across my nose just as the car takes off and I end up right in his left rear door. NOOOOOOO my 4th place start wrecked!! I cruised around staying out of everyone's way as it seemed to take forever for anthonyb to catch back up. Then @webnomad DSC and both @Nathancarhead and I pulled into the sand trap at the end of the back straight to call for a restart. It was then I realised VARDZ was gone too.

The first restart was aborted when webnomad DSC again and it was a thankfully problem free second restart and we were away.

I mounted the final kerb a little too much causing me to hesitate on the throttle so my start was a little slow which also baulked the drivers behind me. After a couple of corners VARDZ had gotten ahead of @rossi0nsx and i was starting to catch the lead group. Rossi ran wide at the right kink leading onto the back straight letting all three of us past and I was up to 3rd!

Rossi seemed to drop back a little while VARDZ and @dj2ca started to pull a gap. I was being careful not to push too hard which is what I normally do in frustration trying to keep up and end up in the fence. My cautiousness however was allowing Rossi to catch me in every braking area slowly but surely. I seemed to be getting out the corners a little better though but it looked like only a matter of time. Rossi got a better run onto the back straight as I put two wheels on the wrong side of the outside ripple strip and he positioned himself for a dive up the inside. At the time I didn't see him coming and as I turned in it was into his left rear door. I bounced off in surprise and briefly into the gravel as anthonyb snuck past too. I recovered well and still had a good gap back to @fezza and @Bounty05 so kept my eyes forward and sucked up my gravel rash. dj2ca also managed to get past VARDZ on the back straight.

Anthonyb pitted end of lap 2 so regained that position but now there was quite a gap up to 3rd. VARDZ went into Turn 1 real hot just missing dj2ca and locking his rears. Rossi gave him a little tap and ran wide but recovered well. This however allowed dj2ca to pull a gap and me to catch up slightly.

We all held position over the next few laps, except dj2ca slowly fell back to VARDZ. I was quite surprised I was managing to keep up and maintain the gap. I was also trying very hard to not get distracted. I was only drinking on the main straight lol.

I think it was lap 7 I saw the leaders start to pull ahead, and decided to try push a little harder. In the first section I was doing pretty well but the hard braking left after the first straight I ran a little wide, and then put the power on a little early after the long right hander running a little wide. All of a sudden Bounty was in my rear mirror feeling me in, and was right beside me onto the main straight. Up ahead dj2ca pitted. I out-dragged Bounty to turn 1 and it left over like he was making a dive but thankfully held off. Then I stupidly short shifted into third in the middle of turn 2 but still somehow managed to stay ahead. A dive from Bounty into turn 3 but he ran a little wide and I managed the cross over and was back ahead up the hill under the walkway into turn 4.

Over the lap he had a couple more looks at my inside line but couldn't manage to get alongside. Over the next few laps though I managed to open the gap back up until a small mistake let him catch back up breifly lap 11 but I pulled ahead again and pitted end of the lap.

No tyres or fuel and back out. Dj2ca went zooming past as I came out locking horns with I think @webnomad and I tried to latch on too but they were too far ahead for a draft. I slowly reeled webnomad in as dj2ca disappeared into the distance. I was in webnomad's draft onto the front straight but backed out just at the last minute turn 1. He ran a little wide and I saw a gap and tried to drive into it but he also hit the loud pedal and managed to hold me off. I hounded his rear bumper over the lap and could see the pressure forcing him little mistakes, running wide here and there. I liked him up for a draft onto the front straight but he dove for the pits.

Now I was lonely, dj2ca was nearly 7 secs ahead and anthonyb was nearly 4 secs behind. But definitely gaining. A few laps later VARDZ and Bounty came out the pits together. I got a little distracted and outbraked myself into turn 3 and anthonyb halved the gap up to me. By the end of the lap he was right behind me and pressing hard. It stayed like that over the next few laps, and I tried my hardest to ignore the pressure but he was always in my mirror. With about 6 laps to go I passed VARDZ facing the wrong way on my left at the exit of turn 1. It appears he took too much ripple strip on the outside causing a slide which sent him across to bounce of the inside wall and rotate 180 as he went back across the track.

It looked like I was starting to open a gap now on anthonyb and was catching up to Bounty. With 3 laps to run anthonyb made up massive ground on the brakes into the first few turns while I still struggled to find my way around Bounty. At this point my fronts were feeling pretty used and was having to brake just a tad earlier to get around the bends, which wasn't helping me get past Bounty. Onto the back straight and come up to the braking area and all of a sudden Anthonyb comes barreling into me pushing me wide and into the gravel. Scared the bejesus out of me!! We both recovered but Bounty was now out of reach.

Anthonyb again started reeling me back in on the brakes and he now had @fezza not far behind. On the tight left just before the long right I rode up on the inside kerb a little too much causing a massive slide. I somehow managed to catch it on the grass but not before anthonyb snuck past. So now I was 5th with only a few laps left and fezza not too far off my tail. Anthonyb was lagging just slightly for me which was making it a little risky driving close. It was now the final lap and we were catching up to lap @colin-50_. Like a true gentleman he stayed out of our way without upsetting himself at the same time. Fezza was closing fast and dammit Anthonyb was yo yo-ing up and back. A great run onto the back straight and I went for a death or glory dive, slamming down the gears but it caused the rears to lock and the car skidded to the left into the tyre wall. Fezza must also have outbraked himself because as I bounced off the wall he went sailing by into the gravel trap. So I was resigned to finishing 5th, which tbh is one of the best results I've had in quite a while but it wasn't over yet! As anthonyb exited the final turn he goes skidding across the circuit sliding towards the pit entry. I zoomed past claiming one more spot to cross the line 4th.

Well done rossi, dj2ca and Bounty for the podium positions.

See you all at Hockenheim.
  8. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I am actually puffed from reading your review @Ad2mny. Excellent report but I reckon some more details are required. :)
    webnomad, stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  9. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I will edit gear positions in...?!!
  10. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    guys - sorry for the glitches and DSC'S from my side ...and thank you for the re-start(s).... the connection was a bit dodgy on Sunday ...it is usually OK...I will need to do hard resets etc ...

It was good to see a large field out there ! Personally - I had minimal time with this car so L plates are still on :) ... and it looks like there is some really good pace out there ! ... looking forward to the next round
    dj2ca, Anthonyb, Ad2mny and 2 others like this.
  11. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Liking your signage one the car bounty
  12. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Thanks dude, if you were in my team I'd do one for you but seeing as though you're the enemy.......oh well
    SPL Racing and Anthonyb like this.
  13. Anthonyb

Sounds like that anthonyb bloke is a good one to stay away from cutting you off at the start big dive bomb when it wasn't needed.
    Great race buddy sorry about the couple of hick ups on my part you drove a great race and cant wait for the next round. (You should get a job with wheels or car magazine after that report)
    Ad2mny likes this.
  14. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Sounds like @Bounty05 just offered me to do one
    Anthonyb likes this.
  15. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Haha sure, you want the same pic?
  16. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Cheers mate all racing if I'd thought there was any malice would have said so.

ROOZ news original team member/founder and ex-reporter/editor from GT5-GT6.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  17. Anthonyb

Looks good hey
  18. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys, Please take 5 mins to read the following....some important info.

Great effort last race, only 1 or 2 small issues that have been sorted. On the whole was some great racing with big grids.....well done.

ROUND 2 HOCKENHEIM GP
    - 25 LAPS - 7/6/17@ 4.00pm.

[​IMG]

Wear - Real / Fuel - Slow
    Penalties : ON
    Weather slots - SYNC TO RACE
    1. Hazy
    2. Overcast
    3. Light cloud
    4. Clear

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. There are track cut penalties here, at turns 1, 4, 7, 10, 14 and 17 ! BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

PASSING : Is plenty of spots to pass here, when a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight. DONT dive bomb into 6 with a crazy pass. ;)

SWERVING : You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that you cant win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : All drivers must make a compulsory pitstop. Pit lane is open from LAP 1. All drivers will HAVE TO HAVE YOUR PIT STOP STRATEGY SET, AND SELECT IN THAT STRATEGY IF YOU WANT TO TAKE TIRES OR NOT. We have found in the past that having multiple strategies can cause issues, so i would recommend you delete all except for the sierra one (even default).
    Hockenheim seems to be pretty hard on tires, so it would seem that most drivers will need to take tires at the stop. MAKE SURE YOU SET YOUR PIT STRAT ACCORDINGLY

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Pit entry is tight, so it will be hard to get a clean entry if fighting with another car in turn 16. Be wary of other cars, especially if they are looking to set up a pass into 17. Pit exit is straight forward, BUT YOU MUST REMAIN INSIDE THE EXIT LINES ON THE RUN TO TURN 2.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS: This season we will be using the new stewards group for racing infringements and protests. Many thanks to the guys who have put their hands up to volunteer. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

QUITTING : This is something that has been here for as long as we have run leagues, but we are looking to implement a slightly stricter interpretation of this rule. outlined below.....
    1. If you quit the race room you will receive 0 points and you cant use as drop round.
    2. If you park up in the pits for the race (have to stop etc) you will get last place and CAN use as drop round. (if more than one, then points in the order they park up)
    3. If you DSC you will finish behind the last place driver, and behind those who have 'parked up'.
    If the Stewards Group have reason to believe the DSC is a 'sneaky quit" the rule 1 above will apply.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
    Anthonyb and Ad2mny like this.
  19. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Yeah Cheers, I use that livery anyway
  20. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    What number do you want?