Season 7 discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 14, 2017.

?

Road car or race car for season 7

Poll closed Mar 30, 2017.
  1. Road car

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. Race car

19 vote(s)
    82.6%
  1. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Okay i didnt know that so fair point. I still am on the tune horse and think that taking that out is simplistic. Its just as big part of motorport as the racing itself. But also understand some people dont have time.

I would suggest div1 as tune lobby. If you wanna be at the top then be prepared to practice. But i know that wont ever happen
    SPL Racing and JonoStan96 like this.
  2. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    You're right, a lot of people don't have time or don't care to spend hours tuning the car. There are arguments for both approaches though. Personally, I prefer non tune because it comes down purely to driving ability. On the other hand, tuning a car shows an intimate knowledge of how the car works and responds to different environments/settings, which is nothing to cough at.
    Zachery likes this.
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah agree with that for sure. i also may be a bit biased because last time we had a tune series i won my division. maybe moreso because of my tuning ability over my driving ability.
    dj2ca likes this.
  4. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    That was season 3 (in the Radical, right?) and from memory you completely dominated! Can't blame ya :D
    Zachery likes this.
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah mate spot on. @SPL Racing kept me honest tho, credit where credits due.
    SPL Racing and dj2ca like this.
  6. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I was short shifting from lap 18 trying to make it to the finish ran out of fuel crossing the line with 1 lap to go I knew I shouldn't have employed the engineer from red bull.
    I think if we can pick how much fuel we add in a pit stop adds a bit more of a strategic edge to it. I'm happy to advice people in div 3 of my fuel usage so they can choose how much to add in a stop or they just put 40 back in
  7. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I like the fuel strat aspect also.

I was on the softs/hards tire strategy. Worked out I was going to use about 50L for the full distance, so I could pit any time after my fuel level reached 30L.

It works out well that softs/softs runners have a tighter pit window compared to that for softs/hards runners.
    Zachery likes this.
  8. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Yes but we have never turned fuel burn off.
  9. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah I think I misunderstood what you were saying. But yeah there is that possibility of people "cheating".
  10. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    why not have a fuel strategy required?
  11. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

How can you cheat if we are only adding fuel and tyres?
  12. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Here is an idea, if one fuel stop isn't enough to get whats required how about x2 wear @stucar17 so people have to pit twice for rubber and surely will end up with enough fuel
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    If fuels turned off you could change your setup in the garage to be default which changes fuel load in a non tune room. So someone could end up have say 7 litres for qualifying and the race and not run out.
    v8power383 likes this.
  14. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    One fuel stop is plenty you get around 30 min on the 40 ltr
    seth123 likes this.
  15. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    From memory, PCars refueling works this way:
    If you set your strategy to fill only 10L, if you come in with more than 10L, it won't add anything.
    The pit stop will only fill up fuel TO the 10L mark.
    stucar17 and v8power383 like this.
  16. its-benny-racer

I can't imagine where we would need more than 80L to run a 45 minute race. Watkins isn't exactly a slow track, full throttle percentage would be considered moderate to high and I used less than 50L there.

It's going to be a good challenge for people to work out their tire strategy, then work out how much fuel they will burn on their 1st stint, then work out how what level they need to top up to in order to make it home. Getting it right will mean less time in the pits waiting for fuel which could easily gain you track position in a close race.
  17. its-benny-racer

Hence why I pitted after using 10L, as my refuel was set to 40L, that way I spent less time in the pits.
    stucar17 likes this.
  18. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    But you also spend a higher amount of the race with a Heavy car. If you ran the tank close to dry, and then pitted for the last little bit you needed, you'd have a quicker car over the distance. Sure your tyres will be worn, but running a car on Heavy fuel the whole time isn't doing wonders for your tyres either.
  19. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I won't describe it here but I'll tell you some other time mate.
  20. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    One stop is easily enough, that isn't the issue.