GT Sport Season 1 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 26, 2017.

1. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    I'm pretty sure I did a 1:54.9xx in the early part of the race before the drama.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  2. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Just checked, 1:54.917
    emmo46 likes this.
  3. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    This is what happened after the power outage.
    CAB77 likes this.
  4. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Now that's a freak accident bad luck to Glenn.
  5. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    Wow...it well and truly stuffed Glenn's race too.
    Odd how it hardly decelerated at all up the hill.
  6. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Was anybody using different tunes?

I didn't change anything, though if I had the foresight or time I would have at least played with final ratio to max out top speed, perhaps increased downforce a bit to get some extra speed in corners.

I figure my best improvements would first come from getting to know the track better in this car, quicker than the other cars I have used on this track.
  7. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    I think most have tuned their car for the track and their driving style.
  8. CAB77

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    I'm still using the setup as I did from R1. Only changed the gearbox. Every time I changed something it seem to go slower. I did do a test where I loaded the standard set up after I felt I had learnt the track and did pretty much the same time I was with a tuned set up. It was just harder to drive and get that time.
  9. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I changed a few things but stuffed up my final drive ratio big time, my next move is to watch how everyone else drove and see if I can pick up time there.
  10. CAB77

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    So my only advice to the new guys is do the laps. I did over a 1000km on that track with the last 500 I didn't touch the setup I just drove the car. Dropped my lap time by just over 2 seconds. This week I won't be able to do as many laps on this track and I'm sure where I'll finish this week will reflect that. When the fast guys hop online watch the lines they take as this is key to many corners.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    Tristan Jones and AroGantz like this.
  11. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    The only change I made was to the gearing to lower the max from R1. I'm far from the top of our division, but what Cab as mentioned is 100% correct. Working the full width of the track and getting the corners down will improve your speed vastly.
    I managed a single 1.56, which I'm stoked about.
    For instance for Alsace, the first corner is very deceiving, sharp to begin with but very shallow once you run the apex, same goes for the 2nd.
    Just need to try some different things out to see what works for you.
    GG to Cab and the remaining podium finishers.

Thanks again for a quality race.
  12. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Thanks Stu for pointing this out.
    If I may, having come from a collaborative team environment where talking to overcome obstacles during boss fights and so on (MMO's, etc) to a competitive environment the differences between the 2, especially Qualification and Game chat is quite vast.
    Being a new member who has read through the various posts several times RE etiquette, I would like to make a recommendation.

Perhaps put up what should be considered the right thing to do for Qualification / Races -
    Turn Mute on during Qualification and Races.
    If this is an 'unwritten rule' of the competitive environment that I've entered then lesson learnt and pay no more attention to this longish post.

IMO the only person who should need to talk or be heard during a race is the Division lead. All others can listen and or chime in if it is relevant.

How each end user ends up listening to the Party chat or not during a race is then up to that individual. With Party Chat and Room available the options are all there for the ability for any message to be viewed by all.

Personally through sheer years of online gaming (7+ on WOW with 4+ top end raiding with 2 as Raid lead), I've always left my mic open. I will however from here on be turning Mute on during Qualification and Race events.

Hope you managed to get through all that :)
  13. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Does anyone know what light damage does?
  14. Green Terror

Green Terror New Recruit

Hi any chance of joining your div 4. I'm a friend of epicredrockets
    Hatfield likes this.
  15. CAB77

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    If you're as fast him then hell NO.

Just kidding @Hatfield will point you in the right direction. You'll need to do a qually Lap.
    TheMugsy likes this.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    GT sport lobbies don't have mic options at the moment, so party chat is the only mic'ing you can do
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    get in that qually lap!
  18. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Thanks for posting that Pat is was Good to see what happened .....Epic was just slowing so I thought how good is THIS and made a move around the outside and pulled it off JUST with a bit of gardening hehehehe then bam all over .......at least I could finish unlike Epic
    TheMugsy likes this.
  19. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I think it does the same as heavy damage but it goes away on its own after a while, instead of having to go in the pits
  20. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Understood.
    It is however in Party chat during Qualification / Races that I wanted to firm up the 'unwritten rule' about mic use.
    Is it more of the It's up to the Party chat / division lead to make the call or is it the same across the board where talking or any noise is considered off putting and everyone should be on mute?