GT Sport Season 2 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    sorry i missed out on last night as I had unexpected guests rock up at my door. What times were people getting? I feel im not going to be competitive enough :(
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    A must watch...
    deedz_aus likes this.
  3. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    Hope it gets patched ASAP!
  4. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

I've tried adding everyone that I can.. if everyone that doesn't have me can add me

LennonLegend1993

Thanks
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 1 : Nürburgring GP/F - 22 laps - 08:00 Sunny - 11/2

[​IMG]

OK, guys and Gal......Time for Round 1 !
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

TYRE WEAR : As you may know, a glitch was recently discovered where through pausing during the race and going to the options screen would regenerate your tyres to new. Further to this, it has been discovered that it will switch your compound to the compound you started the race on. Due to this further discovery, we can keep tyre wear on as anyone abusing this glitch will end up on mediums instead of the preferred softs. ALSO, if anyone does use the glitch, they will be Disqualified from the race, and be given a 2 race ban (unless they can legitimately explain that it was a mistake)

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

ROUND 1 ISSUES : The start of the season is quite often a bit harder to get started with new guys joining, new hosts and a bit of red mist ! PLEASE, try to be on time to the room. It will give everyone a chance to sort any possible issues...

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! The brake zone is long, for the guys at the back half of the grid, PLEASE make sure you dont cannonball through the guys in front. Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. TURNS 1-5, 11, 14-15 will be looked at for track limits.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY START TYRE : You MUST start on RH or RM tyres. But may pit to change to a maximum compound of RS during the race.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry is pretty straight forward. Don't worry about entry speed, just get in there.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the main straight.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    deedz_aus, Jerry and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Provisional results
    1st arakasi- 46:12.466
    2nd Ozglenn 46:13.729
    3rd disturboed 46:23.341 FL
    4th Bluemoon 46:24.035
    5th emmo46 46:24.282
    6th Jerry 46:50.664
    7th TheMugsy 46:54.575
    8th pat65 47:01.732
    9th LennonLegend1993 47:14.673
    10th VARDZ DSC POLE
    11th aranteamo DSC
  7. Jerry

Jerry Rookie

PSN ID
    OhItsMeJerry
    arakasi- and emmo46 like this.
  8. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Long time since I've got on the top step, so pretty chuffed to get there again, especially in what was a cracker race.
    Well done @Ozglenn , ya nearly got me on your fresher softs, and good race @disturboed on grabbing a podium in your return to GT. Good to have you back. @VARDZ too, great pole lap, pity about the DSC.
    Ozglenn, incey and emmo46 like this.
  9. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    Gratz on the win. Sorry I couldn’t make it. Did anyone manage to save the replay and can share it with me? Deedz_aus psn. Thanks :)
  10. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Well done Arakasi I thought you came in a bit early for tyres but you made them last and the undercut worked a treat I caught you but just did not have enough to pass you and I didn't want to take you out, I got very close once and had to take evasive action that was a great race,Great pole lap @Vards i thought I had it sorry you DSC ,and @disturboed on third place....
    arakasi- likes this.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The battle for third over the last couple of laps was very intense. The undercut had put me into third from 8th on the grid but I didn't have the speed to hold off a very determined turbo and Moon. I tried my hardest to hold them out and the places swapped a couple of times over the final laps. I wasn't expecting to finish near the front so am pleased with the result.
    arakasi- likes this.
  12. LennonLegend1993

I ran the same overall time that I did in a practice during the week, but clearly the rest of the field is a step ahead. Being my first GT game, and only my 3rd race online with other people (apart from friends), I have a long way to go. Well done to everyone.
    deedz_aus likes this.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Did you change to RS?
  14. LennonLegend1993

I did. In practice, the mediums got me to around lap 12, and then softs through to end, but by the end of lap 10, my mediums were ruined (not sure why)..

sidenote: updated my signature accordingly :p:p:p
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    deedz_aus likes this.
  15. LennonLegend1993

What was the DSQ for btw?
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    They are DSC for disconnected
  17. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Gratz to @arakasi- on the win, very well driven and to make the softs last that long, i was scratching my head when you pitted end of lap 8 or whatever it was. Also to @Ozglenn on 2nd spot, after leading for the majority of the race.

I qualified in 4th, got a shocking start (doing my summernats burnout comp impression) and was back into 7th by T1. Made up a couple spots in the next couple of corners and got settled in 5th spot. A few laps later I had a drifting moment out of a turn somewhere and Arakasi pounced with the better corner exit breezing past. Made up a spot back when Vardz had a bit of a spin on the downhill run out of T7. Somewhere close to that, Epic had also had a moment and was way back down the order. Beauty, another spot. Managed to catch back up to Emmo and got passed him, then started hounding Moon who got a bit scrappy out T6, and I thought there may have been a chance to get a good run down the hill out T7, but he must have been catching the car, as all of a sudden I was right up his clacker and rear ended the car, and I though oh god no, he's gonna be in the sand and I'll lose some spots here, but he held it on the track well, and we kept on going. He pitted not long after and now I was into 2nd.

I kept going, the plan was till lap end of lap 14 and then do 8 laps on the softs, but with the others having pitted so much earlier than I was expecting, the undercut gaps would have been too much so I pitted a lap earlier. Topped it up to 8.7 laps (9 to go) and away!

Came out of pits back down in 6th, behind Jerry and then Moon and Emmo in 3rd. 15 seconds or so behind 1st place. My goal was a Top 5 finish, but with several lap younger soft tyres than moon & emmo, i wanted that podium. Had to be very patient to get passed Jerry, took a couple laps longer than I wanted and I was afraid of chewing the goodness out of the tyres while behind him. Got a good run out of T12 finally and passed well before the chicane. Now it was onto chasing after moon & emmo who were scrapping for dear life.

I sat behind them for a while just watching and trying to learn what they were up to. Moon made a move stick on Emmo at T12 and I pounced at the same time getting passed down the back straight. Then a lap or so later, Moon got a bit squirrelly out of the final turn and i got the better exit and was closing in. He ducked to the inside line to try and cover me off, but I was able to go around the outside of T1 and took the 3rd spot. Emmo managed to get one back on Moon at the same time.

The final lap, while running on fumes, coming down the back straight I moved to the inside line to cover off any inside line divebomb, and it was the preferable 2 car line if I happened to be side by side with anyone. Sure enough HERE COMES EMMO!! Flying down the outside he outbraked himself, letting moon back through in the process. What a great little race that was. Sealing the final podium step was a great result.
    emmo46, Bluemoon and arakasi- like this.
  18. LennonLegend1993

Well I just made a fool of myself..
  19. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    Out of the top 5 who were using wheels vs dual shock controllers? Need to know what is achievable with my set up haha.. cuz i dont think im competitive at all with those finish times :/
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    G29 here