GT Sport Season 13 Room 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 5, 2020.

1. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    My understanding is that post-race penalties will not be a factor on whether or not you drop down a lobby.
    Matthyus likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    This is correct
  3. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Just full disclosure: that was me who went through the replay, noted any potential track limits discretions by each player (including myself) and sent to the stewards by PM. No one has been "done", that decision is with the stewards. It is a lot of (arguably pointless) work to go through the replay methodically so don't expect it to be repeated often or for other rooms, but I've done it once through the proper process to see what comes of it rather than have open discussions about it post-race, but without actual protests that doesn't go anywhere. Now I've just gathered the evidence, but haven't attempted to figure out if each case actually gains an advantage. That is an even bigger task and the answer is likely some do and some don't. Of course I'll argue that none of my 5 infringements were intentional or gained advantage, as would most. The game does have it's own track limits system that we choose to turn off. That system is not perfect either, but which imperfect system does the community want to continue with?
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    We have had a protests in 2 rooms for track limit extension and in both cases, there have been up to 19 cuts per driver.
    THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE DRIVING
    In the protest for room 2, someone took the time to look at all drivers and found that all but 1 driver (well done @Max Gassit ) had at least 1 track limit extension.
    Of course on a track like Le Mans, a mistake resulting in extension of track limits is more common than another circuit where the same mistake results in a trip making sand castles.
    Sometimes a driver will make more mistakes in a race, that is to be expected as we are all human (except maybe @KeedenMcdonald :p )
    What should happen when you track extend at a corner, is that you realise your error, and try not to repeat it again. If you are unable to avoid a repeat, your line/speed should be adjusted accordingly ie learn from your mistakes. If this does not happen then what exactly are you doing? Also, if you are making multiple extensions at various corners, you aren't really trying to drive cleanly.
    Because what we have received are screenshots, and the time taken to expertly analyse each individual track extension to determine 100% if advantage was gained or not, we cannot 100% prove that each extension is worthy of being counted towards a penalty.
    So stewards have decided to penalise those who did not learn from their mistakes.
    For everyone else, screenshotted or not, our next round is Spa. We will have a 3 strikes and out rule.
    If you track extend 3 times or more and are protested against with footage showing that you gained advantage, you will receive at minimum a 25sec penalty. This rule will remain until season end.
    Having said that, I expect that no one should be protested against for such things given that, in this car, there is no where at Spa that you should need to cut to gain advantage (as the car runs easy flat out at Eau Rouge and Blanchimont)
    Vik Chan and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  5. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Is it time we considered using the in game track limit penalty, even if only on week?
  6. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    the problem with that is if you get bumped off you get a penalty even though it wasn't your fault. Also, the penalty applied can be 'worked off' as it ticks down in slow corners etc
    Ian Cannan and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  7. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Or in that case you can "hold" onto that "penalty" until the end of the race, appeal your case and remove the time penalty from the race time post race
  8. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    That's opening up another can of worms, and another line of protests that our stewards would have to go through - more work.

As Hat said, you can get penalties from someone else pushing you off, and as any of us that have raced in FIA know - a lot of the time they're not your fault, yet hammered with penalties.

I can run it with penalties on Friday night for practice if people want to...
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    the other issue of course is getting penalties for what we classify as legal in regards to track limits
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  10. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    The current system works imo
    Peersy and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  11. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Cool thanks for clarifying that. I just wasn't sure how that worked since overall race time has become some important now. The only thing i'll add is i don't believe we should run the in game penalty system. Anyone who has run FIA events know how much of a farce it is. You can get crashed into by another driver making a reckless move and you'll be the one who gets a time penalty. I think the system Raceonoz has with penalties works well and doesn't need to be altered. Though i do feel a bit sorry for the stewards who are now having to review 66 incidents of track extending and that's not including that guy from div 4 who is also being investigated. I think spa will be a lot better as @Hatfield has mentioned with Eau Rouge being flat there's not really many other parts of that track where you can track extend and make an advantage.
    Peersy likes this.
  12. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    FIA races use both track limits AND contact penalties. It is the latter that is truly broken and these can be turned off in lobby settings independently of track limit penalties. Worth a test race if there's enough interest
    Max Gassit and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  13. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Track limits are arbitrary. Can they change?
  14. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Track limits imposed by the game penalty system don't seem consistent to me.
  15. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    An example of this is coming down the corckscrew at Bathurst, there's a left hand part which if you're too close to the wall, it will give you a 0.5 second penalty
    gtkingx likes this.
  16. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I'm sure that's true, but is the degree of variability greater than what we accept currently? Other games do this better giving you a few strikes before applying any penalty, but when they finally do it is often much more severe than what GTS dishes out. Other leagues run with these on surely so might be something we can learn from them
  17. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    That seems like a pretty easy example to appeal if you wanted to ignore that penalty and race on
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  18. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Well I think the Rooz limits are consistent, I go to a track with the Rooz rules I know exactly where I'm allowed to go. With the GTS system I don't, Brands Hatch(RedBull too i think) you can go beyond the strip and not get penalised but other tracks you get a penalty even without going beyond it.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @BKXI
  20. BKXI

BKXI Rookie

@Hatfield it’s a bit inconsistent but it’s still a means of getting penalised. A bit of practice around the track and you’ll learn very quickly what the limits are. In the league I run we actually did Le Mans this week too and after 3-4 laps of practice I was able to identify the track limits around the entire track. I say it again, don’t be shocked when people exploit the system
    Max Gassit and UrsineSaturn9 like this.