Division 2 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Might be cheaper just to buy another one - those engine overhauls are a rip off! lol
    smokinscotty and Ad2mny like this.
  2. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Having just said that - $250,000 to straighten out my subi after that last race! (i think TB should be contacting his insurance company) :p
    Those virtual mechnics are making a killing!! o_O
    smokinscotty likes this.
  3. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    If the community function was available, I would more than happily gift you a brand spanking shiny new fresh oiled BRZ free of charge. It is massively unfortunate that you have been the recipient of most of my lag problems.:(
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    The grid of Race 1, with N64 on pole.
    Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg

N64 controls a slide after being too aggressive at the chicane. Closely followed by Cob and Stu, Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg

Cob and N64 fight for 1st place Apricot Hill Raceway_2.jpg

Stu spins from 3rd
    Apricot Hill Raceway_3.jpg

N64 and Cob break away from the trailing pack
    Apricot Hill Raceway_4.jpg

Joe, Sik, fRZ, scotty and tb all together
    Apricot Hill Raceway_5.jpg

N64 tries to blind Cob
    Apricot Hill Raceway_6.jpg
    scotty goes up the inside of tb
    Apricot Hill Raceway_7.jpg
    The pair continue to fight, with Sik, fRZ and natman trailing
    Apricot Hill Raceway_8.jpg

A shot of the aforementioned pack
    Apricot Hill Raceway_9.jpg
    MORE PHOTOS TO COME!
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    sparklehead battles with stu Apricot Hill Raceway_10.jpg

sik desperately tries to escape tb's death smoke
    Apricot Hill Raceway_11.jpg
    They're still going! Apricot Hill Raceway_12.jpg

stu joins Joe and tb's touge
    Apricot Hill Raceway_13.jpg
    scotty and Cob battle for 2nd
    Apricot Hill Raceway_14.jpg
    The battle pack gains another member in natman
    Apricot Hill Raceway_15.jpg

N64 takes a crucial victory in Race 1
    Apricot Hill Raceway_16.jpg

fRZ leads from cj and sparklehead at the start of Race 2
    Apricot Hill Raceway_17.jpg
    N64 loses it at turn 5
    Apricot Hill Raceway_18.jpg
    Too much ground to make up...
    Apricot Hill Raceway_19.jpg

STILL MORE TO COME!
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    stu spins from 3rd again Apricot Hill Raceway_20.jpg
    N64 shunts into the armco
    Apricot Hill Raceway_21.jpg

Cob steals N64's tactic to blimd Sik and tb Apricot Hill Raceway_22.jpg
    sparklehead parks up to retire.
    Apricot Hill Raceway_23.jpg

Cob leads Sik, scotty, tb with a struggling N64 just behind
    Apricot Hill Raceway_24.jpg

N64 uses every inch of the road to keep up
    Apricot Hill Raceway_25.jpg

The battle pack charges through the chicane
    Apricot Hill Raceway_26.jpg

scotty sadly loses a strong finishing position
    Apricot Hill Raceway_27.jpg

Sik goes up the inside of Cob
    Apricot Hill Raceway_28.jpg

natman dives up the inside of fRZ to take 1st
    Apricot Hill Raceway_29.jpg
    Ad2mny likes this.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Sik breaks away from Cob and tb Apricot Hill Raceway_30.jpg

The flag waver certainly wasn't expecting natman to take the win!
    Apricot Hill Raceway_31.jpg
    Tgti, smokinscotty and Ad2mny like this.
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  9. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    That was a round I'd rather forget. Qualified well 4-5th?? but both Stu and I got screwed and started on the back row. wtf!? made a few spots by being brave into laSource for the first time and got in behind someone after eurouge and made one or two more spots on the run to la combe, but I was deep on the brakes making a move and had that particular spot done but had no way of avoiding Sik as he turned in, sorry bud. Waited to redress while Sik recovered but found ourselves last. That was the start of a very ordinary race for me had a battle with firewind in the opening laps and he was on my tail going up through eurouge and pulled out to pass early which let me in behind before la combe to catch a bit of draft myself and was a fraction later on the brakes and made a clean pass and left room on the inside for the right hander but what I can only image was a small lag punt fire went wide, cause there was no contact on my end mate. Not worth throwing in the towel. The rest of the race was a to and fro with the gap to the fight for 3rd between 4-5 cars getting smaller only for a mistake to see it blow back out again.
    Onto the other mountain next week and hopefully a better result.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah, bad luck TB, to qual 3rd or 4th and start 11th and 12th is pretty crappy after my first 3 races...

will get some results and a brief run down pretty soon.
  11. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    As I said after the race feel free to look at the incident between myself and fire.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i have already mate and can confirm it was a lag hit.

Frustrating for F1R3, but thats what it looked like on my screen. :(
  13. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Well after going into qually with little confidence, I pulled out a pb to put me in 3rd on the grid.
    Still in shock, I pulled a blinder off the line, managing to get to the front on the first lap. With cob and 64 battling hard I scooted away to a 5 second gap. I think if cob didn't cop lag my chances of keeping my gap would have been good.
    When 64 was clear of the pack he caught me in 2 laps and after a pretty good battle for a couple of laps I missed a few brake markers and apexs , concerned with his car jumping about and regular puffs of smoke coming from his car.
    Eventually natman caught me and dive bombed into the chicane, bumping me out of the way and scooting off, then the pack caught me and I outbroke myself into turn 1, running wide and allowing cob stu and cj thru. My one time off track cost me three spots, many profanities where heard by my neighborhood.
    On the last lap I made a dive on the outside at the final chicane on cj. Thinking by taking the outside and going deep I would have position on the road and pull off the overtake at the death, then something weird happened, at the final left hander I thought I had the line to complete the pass but cj drove straight through me beating me to the line. :S
    All in all I was surprised but not.... I think I finished in a position that represented my pace, but a little disappointed in myself as many little mistakes and one big one ruined a possible fairy tale result.
    Thanks for the race guys, plenty of action, plenty of drama. All good fun.
    stucar17 and JonoStan96 like this.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I must say, that was a pheneomenal race. On a personal note, that was probably my best performance since Round 1 of S11, I cannot understand how I came from 5th after lap 3 to win by 10 seconds! Once again, I apologise to everyone for my lag issues, Cob in particular, until I get the 30m cable this week, nothing can be done, as everything I've tried (port forwarding, etc) hasn't worked.

I'll probably run out of the superlatives of this car very quickly, it is definitely the best car I've driven in terms of the
    seasons. My confidence is at an all time high, proven by my exclamations as I crossed the line to take the win.

The report and photo taking is going to be very fun!

Cheers, Jono
    Ad2mny likes this.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    good win Jono, just a shame people dont feel they can race you closely at the moment for fear of the lag. It is what it is, but i'm pretty sure that without the lag things would be a hell of a lot closer. I know that cob got lagged back into the pack and that cost him any chance of challenging you, and TB and myself were relegated to last on the grid after qualifying up front as well. Ahhhh the joys of GT6 !!!!

Results, pending any protests
    1. N64 + pole 2:26:421
    2. Natman + FL 2:25:982
    3. Stu 2:26:831
    4. Cob 2:26:849
    5. CJMonkey 2:26:657
    6. Scotty 2:27:269
    7. TB 2:26:914
    8. Joe 2:27:048
    9. frZnau 2:26:831
    10. F1R3W1ND 2:30:308
    11. SIK180_tr 2:29:068

As i said previously, night started ok in Prac, was running in the 26s without too much issue, and know that it would have to be my 4th qual lap that would get me my fastest lap. On que, i was .4 up on N64s time coming up the back straight but came across SIK180 and that was that. Just a case of wrong place wrong time.

Ended up 3rd or 4th, cant remember, was too busy typing good luck from the pits.

Race starts and i am back in 11th with TB in 12th ....... WTF. Story of my season !!!

Anyway, was last coming through Eau Rouge for the first time and with the pack draft its tough to make up places. Just bided my time and a few guys had a little contact or made mistakes so was up to 7th i think after a few laps.

Its all a bit of a blur TBH, there was soooo much scrapping between myself, natman, cob, CJ and Joe that we were all the order at some stage only to be caught in the draft again and passed along Kemmel straight.

I have to apologize to Joe who was in my draft on lap 11, i was looking for the draft along Kemmel, and didnt see him at my RR, and inadvertently ran him onto the grass. I braked early for Les combes but he didnt "seem" to take it so i kept going as we were still 4 deep in the train. Sorry mate, if you want someone to take a look at it we can.

With about 3 to go Scotty was coming back to us fairly quickly in 3rd, and out braked himself into La source and the three of us managed to get passed and thats where i made my move on Cob and CJ. Got passed them both into Les Combes and managed to get a very small gap so i could defend a little.

On the last lap, cob had a big run at me, again on Kemmell straight, but he decided to wait till blanchimont (time over again ??) and the bus stop, but a few small mistakes saw me able to get a 1 sec break and enough to secure the final step on the podium.

Well done nat, a good recovery also for second. Was some great close racing again, am sure there will be plenty of photos of 4 or 5 cars battling at some stage door to door and bumper to bumper.

Bad luck to the guys who had issues, all i can suggest is hang in there till the next update, and hopefully things get a little easier.

Stu
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Thanks Stu. Good recovery from you to get on the poduim I must admit.

I'd disagree with the fact that Cob lost his chance to challenge me, as he fell back at Blaunchimont following the punt, but I outbroke myself at the Bus Stop, carnage insued. Cj, myself, Cob and Joe were all together on the main straight when Cob barged his way past me at La Source, slotting in just behind cj. I outlasted them at Les Combes, so I think to blame the punt on not being able to challenge me is a bit unfair, especially when I forced myself wide on lap 3 trying to overtake Cob at Blaunchimont and getting a penalty in the process, dropping back to 5th.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Fair point, but the uncertainty of being able to challenge when close to you definitely has an effect on what drivers do in that circumstance.

Also to be fair, the same can be said for TB as well. It just doesnt give anyone the confidence to challenge without fear of being punted by the lag monster. As i said, it is what it is, not much we can do about it, and we are managing as best we can.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Should we try Fixed Room Ownership next week? The Div 3 room (apart from Stumbles' disconnection) was apparently flawless.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    TBH, i dont think it will make any difference. When you consider that TB has a very fast wired connection there doesnt seem any reason why he would be lagging at all.

the answer is a pineapple !!! We can try it through the week and see if it makes any difference.

And Jono, i wasnt having a dig at you personally, just making the point that guys arent able to "race" as they might depending on who is around them at the time.......We all know you are fast, but it would be good if there wasnt any issues at all with connections so some of us arent asking the question "what if" !:)
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah, I understand. You're the boss!

I took no offence, it's alright. I'm in the same boat as tb, a much faster connection plus Type 2 Nat should
    result in a much better racing experience, but alas, it's horrible!