Division 2 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    And all that practice too, bad luck, on a lighter note was a marvellous night for me ;)
  2. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Race 1 was great for me, one more lap and I think I could have nabbed 2nd.
    Race 2 not so good, muffed the start, struggled for pace in the first few laps but ended up ina pretty good battle with tb.
    Couldnt get by on a few occasions at the hairpin, but was rather pleased with my move around the outside in the first two left handers.
    In the closing laps I thought I could be in with a shot against sik and cob, but had a moment in the grass and lost two spots instead.
    Got lucky not getting massive lag punt concidering how close tb and I were battling. while the lag smoke was distracting, a "days of thunder" approach seemed to work ok.lol.
    Thanks for the battles out there guys!
  3. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Do you have seperate router and modem, or do have a modem/router hooked up to another modem, most stuff that you get these days are modem/routers, a 2 appliances in 1 deal.
  4. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    Had a cracker first five laps in race one. I was in a great, close battle between Sik, tb and scotty. I was dicing with scotty for about a lap and half until he eventually passed me after Sik was lag punted by tb which caused me to crash into the back of him out of the chicane. Sik made a great pass up the inside of me at turn one of lap three. Unfortunately I met the same fate as Sik on lap five when I got lag punted by tb (through no fault of his own) while following him closely through the hairpin sending me spiralling down the board to tenth. I had a good battle with sparklehead where I passed him on lap fourteen at the hairpin and then he re-passed me on the final lap at the very same hairpin!

I got a really good start in race two, jumping cj and taking the lead before the first corner. My lap times continued to drop until about lap six where I couldn't consistently get through the esses. Slowly nat started to catch me, my only saving grace was that he went onto the grass a couple of times until he eventually expertly passed me on the final lap at the hairpin (yet again the hairpin!). Overall had a great round and I'm thoroughly looking forward to round three.
    smokinscotty and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    The current setup is a POS Telstra modem and router in one. I've got the booster hooked up which has reduced lag slightly. I'm going to see if
    I can connect my old 75mbp/s router
    to it. I have a hunch that the router inside the modem sucks.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Race 1

image.jpg Race 2

image.jpg
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Pole??,
    I can't see your race 2 time clearly, what was it?
    and what happened to TR and Sparkles in race 2??
    If they started heat 2, was their FL better than their heat 2 time?
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Oh and well done lad,
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    to top it off forgot to save race 1 replay for results. (it saved the first lap of our aborted second race)
    Someone will have to help me out with that one.
    Race 1.
    Pole N64 1:20:9**
    Sparklehead takes 8th from me, even though i will show i finished ahead. Am giving myself a penalty.

Race 2
    Natman 1:21:372
    Frzn 1:21:295
    CJmonkey 1:21:602
    Sik180 1:21:573
    Cob 1:21:748
    TB 1:21:600
    N64 1:20:658 (fastest lap R2)
    Scotty 1:21:370
    Stu 1:20:758
    Sparklehead ???
    Joe DNF R2 (out lap 1 before reset)

Well done to the race winners and podium. Gifting it to you jono, take it while you can ;).

Well that was just amateur hour from me. Worst race night i can remember me putting in for a while. :confused: :(

Qualified 3rd, just missing pole, after being up by .3 on 64s pole time on my 3rd flying lap. I managed to screw up the final chicane and it cost me half a second. Grrr

Race 1 started ok, and i slotted in behind N64 and cob i think. 64s lag is an issue, and on lap 2 was distracted by the smoke he was letting off and his movement in the track, thought i was going to have to take evasive action, and managed to have a spin in turn 5 instead. Was a passenger by then running round in 8th, with joe in front and a few others. I had a good battle with sparklehead for a few laps. You have pretty good pace mate, just need that consistency. Was in 8th with sparkles on my bumper after i copped a penalty with 1 lap to go and by then the frustration was getting the better of me, did a hand brake spin crossing the line, only to do it to early and take out sparkles, hence my self imposed penalty.

race 2, started 4th and had the inside line for turn 1 with sparkles on the outside. We had some slight contact, but nothing major. I fell in behind Frzn and CJ for the first lap, and ran out of talent on turn 5 again with cold tires. Friggen idiot, back to stone motherless last. I was about 3 secs behind 64, and even that far back his lag was an issue, smoke everywhere, not sure if he actually messed up, or the lag monster was at play. Finished both races in 9th, which after last week wasnt in the script.

Oh well, on to spa.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Hmm, TTR got 10 points 1st heat for 5th and 0 in heat 2. Frzn got 1 point for 9th in heat 1 and 9 points for 2nd in heat two. They are tied on 10 point for the two heat total, who takes the place?? TTR for the highest place in heat 1 or Frzn for the better place in heat 2?
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    good question !!!

I think joe should still take it as he had the better race 1 with full points.
  12. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Yeah pretty sure R1 results are the deciding factor.
  13. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    good racing tonight guy's. sorry I had to leave mid second race had to take a phone call. hope I didn't mess the room up in any way. tried to drive and talk for a lap or so but that ended in tears for me... i'm starting to get really annoyed by my lack of consistency already this season, it just boils down to not enough practice as i'm working like a dog at the moment and i'm only getting in about 2 hours a week in on GT6. :mad:Feeling fustrated:mad:
  14. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    I got a save of the first race replay can give you details if you like?
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Sounds good, just post here and emmo will do the rest. Although I think stig posted photos if the race results earlier .......... Might have it covered
  16. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    yeah no worries, will get on it tomorrow. just a heads up as well I'm gonna miss next Sunday (spa) unfortunately i've gotta work till about 10;30 at night. it's a pity cause i'm pretty quick there and was hoping to get a decent result
  17. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Heading into this round I was hoping my lag issues were going to clear up a little more. I'm running a wired connection now and through a gigabit connection as well for this week. But NO, telstra/PD servers decided that they would continue to screw me. Sorry boys, as I have said before, bar fronting up the coin to buy a new/decent router, I am doing everything possible to eliminate my issues, even though I have a pretty bloody good connection.

Back to the racing, and I'm pretty happy with my results considering my car was down on power (running at 510pp for the entire round, although I didn't realize until too late before race two). Was having to defend really aggressively due to the lack of pace in my car. I was wondering why I could get no where near my PB for this track. I had done a 1:20.3xx in prac. So with a fully powered car who knows what could have happened, hell I could have been able to have the pace to stay clear of a few of you guys that felt the rough end of the lag stick.LOL(sorry Joe).

Will have yet another look into any router settings I may be able to change/tweek for next week.
  18. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I feel ya Tim...
  19. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    I was wondering what I had done to only have 513pp, so I changed the oil again... no change... Maybe Ill just buy a new one :D
  20. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Check to make sure you haven't turned it down in the settings, and if you're still not there spend the big bucks and do an engine overhaul.
    smokinscotty likes this.