Division 5 season 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 4, 2014.

1. chrystalmighty

chrystalmighty Rookie

PSN ID
    ChrystalmIT
    Watching the replay from last night, I learnt a couple of things.
    1) why this is referred to as a lady's car. Not because of the woman that created it, but because it's Team PMS! (sorry, just never noticed it before)
    2) HUGE kudos to my teammates; Crimj! Dead motherless last at the end of lap 2, by lap 11 was running 2 and held on to finish in 6th, and V8 whose spin at the end of lap 3 put him back to 8th, but a stellar performance saw him finish 3rd.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  3. flashfirst

flashfirst Rookie

PSN ID
    flashfirst
    wow :alien: much lol
  4. flashfirst

flashfirst Rookie

PSN ID
    flashfirst
    yeh i seeen that cuz i was behind u :(
  5. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    I don't think I will on pace tomorrow I can only get low 1:38s
  6. flashfirst

flashfirst Rookie

PSN ID
    flashfirst
    thats ok v8 u might b faster on race day u never know o_O
  7. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    Guys - the room crashed for me
  8. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Had bugger all practice and going by the fastest lap times I was 2 seconds slower than everyone else. Qualified at the back end of the field, made a couple of spots up through the first couple of corners due to others mistakes. I gave kart an unintentional tap (sorry kart) at turn 6 which put him off track so i redressed and this put us both at the back.
    I went with a one stopper and pitted on lap 13 (from 10th I think). Made a few spots up through out the race and with about 4 or 5 laps to go I found myself in P5 but homebrew and vardz were catching me pretty quick with their fresh rubber and I was unable to hold them off. Ended up finishing 7th which is about normal for me this season
    Congrats to the podium and see you all at Bathurst
  9. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Like Copper had little practice time. Had a rough idea of different brake markers so I wasn't a complete lost cause. Starting right near the back of the pack was again, hard. I'm sure eveyone up ahead was a little light on the gas but when there is a whole wall of you guys up ahead...well my speed was conservative to say the least. Then again maybe I should divebomb you guys lol. I felt like I wasn't too far off the pace of the main group. Probably has been my favourite track to drive in this car so far.

Enjoyed tailing Copper there for a while. When time came for my first pit stop (of two) Copper kept going and for some reason I thought he was going for a 2 stopper so was curious to see where we'd both end up after a few more laps. But a 1 stopper from him put that competition to sleep.

If memory serves me correctly myself and Kart came into contact near the back straight at one point, in which he redressed and then down the straight I thought, poor bugger...backed off too much and the gap was just too much. I knew he'd be fine come the first corner though. I felt the contact was fine, as in, we both survived it and could've been practically side by side down the straight.

I had a handful of stuff ups that I'm pretty sure cost me a higher finishing position.
    I think a couple of time people leaving the pits threw me. Just trying to get the speed and driving line right while a slower car on the inside of the track comes into play.
    One time I hit the tyres on the inside of turn one! wow just wow :oops:

In the end I finished up in 10th position.

I should translate the above for the aliens. Gling glak boon gak goop uranus :alien: da gling glok
  10. chrystalmighty

chrystalmighty Rookie

PSN ID
    ChrystalmIT
    P6 was lower on the grid than my norm, but better than I was expecting. Could never get the flow of this track, and my times showed. My intentions were to just keep out of trouble and see what the race brought me. So I was quite surprised to find myself in 4th after a couple of laps, I was even more surprised to outrun everyone on my first set of rubber, pitting on lap 15. I knew this was now a 1 stopper, so with the needed fuel and a set of mediums, I headed back out, still in about 6th, pitstops brought me back to clear space in 4th, and from there it was just keep it clean and get it home. Surprisingly again, I found myself churning out 41s on mediums, and not far of the tail of flash. Couldn't reel him in tho, and cruised home for a quite unexpected 4th.
  11. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Will have the race results up tonight pending possible protest... sorry boys i know its D5 and we are there to have fun and battle for the smallest of sheepstations....;)... but had my night ruined by PD:poop: it seems
    Peter Wise likes this.
  12. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    HI and welcome to fox sports coverage here at Indy road I'm bill and with me today is john welcome john (john) it's a pleasure bill I'm glad to be here today (bill) also down in pit lane is jane this is race NO: 5 in the season qualifying has just come to a end we're going to cross to jane in pit lane now to have a chat with the top 3 drivers here's jane (jane) first up is stiffsht... stiff how did you think you went in qual... (stiffsht) well i knew foot was going to quick i tried to gain time here and there but it wasn't good enough in the end and before you ask any follow up questions i ain't saying sht and that's just your stiffsht jane..... (jane) thanks stiffsht.... now down here with footlong how did you go in qual... (foot) i was fast everywhere but flash was quicker now i've got to get ready for the race go away jane... thanks again footlong... now with flashfirst and i hope your not like the BHR boys.... flash just flips her the bird... (jane) okay back to you bill n john... (bill) thanks jane for that ... now john what did you think how qual went... (john) well flash was fast and maybe too quick and the same with foot n stiff... (bill) you are right they were really quick we will be back after this short break with the start of the race... HI welcome back race 5 is about to start who is where on the grid john... (john) well this is how the grid looks 1 flashfirst 2 footlong 3 stiffsht 4 vardz 5 v8power 6 chrystal 7 cptnpeach 8 kart-no-1 9th crimj 10 homebrew 11 webnomad 12 cooperj 13 dr_twist and in last castro... (bill) thanks john... we got the start n off they go a good start by all the drivers vardz makes a move right away n sneaks into 3rd stiff into 4th rst of the pack stays the same... flash runs wide into T1 n gives up first place to footlong V8 moves into 3rd vardz back to 5th n stiff stays in 4th this is some great racing john... (john) you 100% right bill... (bill) into T2 footlong takes full adv with V8 right on his tail stiff looking up the inside of V8's vardz also up stiffsht's tail flash ended up smoking up the green stuff and go's back a few spots... into T6 V8 runs wide stiff closes the gap between them n go's up the inside... foot getting a small gap in 1st place V8 stays in 2nd but only just by a hair into T7... a few drivers running wide in the S bend.... into the final turn of lap 1 V8 is on the hunt for foot stiff not too far behind V8... flash is as far back as 8th from that turn 1 mistake in L1... on the main straight away cptnpeach looking up the inside of vardz contact is made with them both in T1 dr_twist running wide in T1 n ends up on the fairway... on the exit of T2 vardz eats a tiny bit of grass but keeps on the black stuff... chrystal sideways on the same turn exit n also keeps it together n moves back 8th behind flash... vards ran wide in T4 n gives up a spot go's to 5th stiffsht right up V8's bum in T5... V8 runs wide in T6 again n just holds onto 2nd... flash on the outside of webnomad and moves into 6th place... V8 n stiff SIDE BY SIDE on the exit of T7 stiff HOLDS IT N MAKES A MOVE ON V8 N GO'S INTO 2ND... vardz going a little wide sideways on the same exit but OH HOLDS it well... V8 looked up the inside coming up to T8 but moves back behind stiff in 3rd... coming into the S bend flash right up the bum of vards n on the exit flash gives vardz a tap on the bum n spins him out (flash could not see vardz on the track)... vardz go's back from 4th or 5th all the way back to last... flash into 4th... V8 getting right up stiff on the exit of T2 lap3... bit of a battle for 6th place between webnomad, chrystal,homebrew into T5... V8 pushing his luck with siffsht again in T7... V8 try's to go up the inside of stiffsht in T8 n cuts the corner but stays in 3rd... what a race this is john... (john) they are driving harder then most nascar drivers... (bill) footlong still with the lead about 1 second in front of stiffsht... (bill) we will be back shorty after this break here on fox sports... we're back here at Indy n something went wrong with the broadcast n the race has finished... john can you gives us highlights on todays race... (john) sure crimj made a mistake n went back to last... i think most of the drivers done a 2 stop race flash with a 1 stop... footlong was in the lead for about 3/4 of the race going back as far as 4th in the pits... flash clawed his way after a few mistakes n still finished 1st... the results showed how hard it was for some drivers
  13. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    That's classic footlong :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::D:D:D:D.
  14. flashfirst

flashfirst Rookie

PSN ID
    flashfirst
    holy :):):):) footlong that is sooo long u should go work for the newspaper lol
    KeedenMcdonald likes this.
  15. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    or was that stiff...foot???:eek:
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    who's got a stiff foot, my knee is aching a bit from last nights race.
    KeedenMcdonald, Peter Wise and VARDZ like this.
  17. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    what do you mean was that stiff
  18. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Yeah my knee is a lil sore too. Mind you I use a controller :cautious:
    Must be all the pre-race lunges i do before racetime.
    VARDZ, Peter Wise and emmo46 like this.
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Mine certainly isn't, and this conversation doesn't help it either.
    mmm_homebrew and KeedenMcdonald like this.
  20. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Round 5 Official results
    Flash 1'37'155 POLE & FL
    Footlong 1'37'487
    Stiff 1'37'359
    Chryst 1'38'549
    Homebrew 1'38'005
    Vardz 1'38'059
    Copper 1'40'087