Division 4 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Extra mega spewing as while mucking around today i tested my times around Tokyo,and F%*& me i was doing 1.35.8's on the softs without too much effort,really like the physics since the update,much closer to i-racing's,and now that they backed off the engine volume,you can hear tyre squeal/scrub so much better. I feel i've gained 1/2 to 3/4 of a sec across the board in all cars just cause i can hear the tyres properly!!!
    Anyone else noticed the change in physics? Seems like the weight transfer is more realistic now under braking and acceleration,it's not as vicious,more progressive like the dampers are actually tuned properly and doing their job,so here's a rarity.
    Well Done PD,you got it right!!!
    SPL Racing and Ad2mny like this.
  2. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    I won't comment on the incident as i haven't got a replay(wasn't there,so hard to have,lol), but for future reference @fubbles888 ,you must redress regardless of intent in the incident or if caused by lag or not. I'll be on tonight with a lobby for practice,come in and i'll have a chat with ya about how you can try to stop the lag,there can be a number of causes so we'll go through and check one by one and we should be able to sort it if it's not a network/exchange issue. Try to find out today what ADSL profile you are set on,it could be as simple as changing it to a faster one with less firewall checking.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

My chances of promotion are pretty much over now.... Il be away for the sprint round due to racing in a 3day invitation only meeting. So guttered but hey that's life lol
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    there is a drop round so you are still fine.
    plus promotion is not always based on winning the division, you could be promoted due to outright pace
    stucar17 and Konnor McCluskey like this.
  6. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Well done to tonight's podium, I just couldn't get a handle on my car tonight when the grip went down. Was all over the shop. Finished my race with blowing by the braking zone at the bus stop and had to let Ad back thru & Stumbles also who was catching from behind.
    Ad2mny and SPL Racing like this.
  7. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Went for the alternate strategy and started from ninth on the hards. Qualified with a 2.18.4 which was my quickest hard time to date.

Found myself in 7th after Eau Rouge due to a couple in front having an incident, but was reeled back in by the 3 guys on softs behind me within 4 or 5 laps. Was about a second a lap off my planned pace, only doing 20's instead of 19's, but I was only just under 40 seconds behind the leader before they pitted.

I pitted end of lap 11 to give me 10 laps on the softs. Stupidly, I pressed the accelerator entering the pits just as the selection box come up, so I was stuck on the hards again. Back in very next lap to get the softs on, and by this point I was way dead last.

Started to reel off some good times and caught up to some guys in front, managed to snatch the fastest lap from Watto and also managed to get about 4 guys, including a last lap back straight run on Dek (nice last ditch dive, but your hards just couldn't take it), so I managed to salvage 9th spot.

Only 40 seconds behind first place, so I can only imagine what would have been if I didn't get that extra 30 seconds or so in the pits. I would have been in contention for top 5 at least i think.

Oh well, onto the sprint!!

Gratz Watto, Ad & Stumbles
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I have done that before here, so I went in sooooo sloooowww to not do it again lol
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  9. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Had a great battle up front with Jim and Ad for the first half of the race. jim nailed me once by accident going into the bus stop but apart from that it was great clean racing. I tried the undercut pitting at the end of lap 9 but when I spun in my outlap that was the end of that. He rest of the race was watching the little blue dots reeling me in from behind. When I slid wide at Eau Rouge on the last lap gaz and Mario sailed by and I was back to 8th.
    DekGT5mad and Ad2mny like this.
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yay a podium at last!! Come into this round not expecting too much, last time I was here I started well but ran off the track and struggled down the back.

Not this time though...

Came out of the pits for quali and come across turbo who seemed to be cruising but I now know and should have realised he was on the Hards. He let me past (I think) but then on my first hot lap I stuffed it up at Les Combes and I let him by again. I recovered slowly but on the back straight I was catching him again so I backed right off for a clean run. Only got 1 good lap in which was only good enough for 6th. Got an average start considering I felt like I held the handbrake on too long, but managed to move up on stumbles as he fell backwards through the field. Ran a little wide putting 2 wheels onto the grass avoiding stumbles and fubbles heading down to the Eau Rouge complex, and my sphincter was puckered waiting for a spin but I got away with it. Jim was ghosting exiting Eau Rouge and grassies was mid spin as I zoomed past in SPL's tow into 3rd. McCracken was already opening a gap. Got a little tap from stumbles into Les Combes but the car stayed solid. I could hear Jim on my rear bumper but my attention was fully focused ahead on SPL. He was on the ball but I felt a little held up some corners but not enough to get past. Jim was getting very insistent but I couldn't find a gap. Turn 18 SPL was a tad slow and I was on the inside for the final chicane. Jim gave him a little shunt but I was already past by the exit. GRT 1-2!! SPL got a look at Les Combes out of the draft but I stubbornly stayed on his left and kept the position. I have never looked back so much in a race before. I seemed to be getting better drive out of the corners, and after a lap or two I had a small gap, and SPL was getting harrassed by Jim. I hit my rhythm early and just pumped out the laps while always keeping an eye on the battle behind. I tried not to get too carried away, but I could see my tyres getting torn up maintaining the pace required to keep 2nd. Lap 5 and Jim got past SPL into Les Combes and almost straight away started closing the gap I'd built up. I was still getting better drive but Jim was quicker into the turns. Lap 7 Jim was well and truly on me and started getting insistent again, riding my bumper and sticking his nose in here and there. So late in the stint though, every time he got a draft run on the back straight he'd run wide and have to back off to avoid an advantage from off track. I tried not to bow to the pressure, and just slowly dropped my pace lap by lap as the Softs went off. Lap 9 Jim got a penalty at Eau Rouge giving me a breather for the rest of the lap but he was back on me on the back straight. Now it was my turn to run wide, and the grass in the final kink slowed me so much that Jim was now on my outside. A braking battle ensued into the final chicane and a side by side run, but as always I got better drive on exit and maintained 2nd. The handling now was getting a little sketchy, and Jim massively outbraked himself at Les Combes, zooming past then dropping back as he rejoined from the left. Jim was running wide everywhere now and I guess he decided enough was enough and pitted end lap 10. I rubbed my hands together with glee, as I knew the Hards were very dodgy after 9 laps, and he'd now have to do 10. I stayed out 1 more lap and I pitted with McCracken and stumbles as dek stayed out 1 more lap. Just as I started coming around the exit turn for the pits, Jim whizzed past, making a successful undercut but at what cost...? Dek pitted next lap and I was now 3rd. Stumbles was about 3 seconds back and Jim was about 4 ahead of me. I was astonished to see a 2:18 on the Hards and even more so when I did another. I was slowly closing on Jim but stumbles was always just there. Lap 20 I was now close enough to Jim for some draft, but I tried not to rush, and it paid off, as Jim started running wide on the brakes with fronts on 7's. He ran very wide at Pouhon and I slipped by on the inside pumping my fist "OH YEAH!!" Jim was trying to come back but just kept running wide. A big dive into the final chicane saw him deep onto the overrun and lost his 3rd place to stumbles. Now my fronts were 7's on my final lap, but I had a decent enough gap to be able to half cruise home to my first podium in a long while. Really impressed with my consistency this time around and definitely think the full distance practices are helping a lot. Roll on the sprints!!
  11. fubbles888

fubbles888 Guest

My strategy backfired yet again, I was too slow on the soft tyres at the start and I simply couldn't recover. At least strategy won't be a thing in the next round. It could be anyone's race in that case.
  12. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Great racing last night guys.
    I'd only jumped online about an hour before the race for some practice. I love the Spa track, but it's never returned that love, always spinning or just a straight out lack of pace. After a few spins in practice, I just assumed it would be the same during the race, doing low 16's.
    Once we finally got qually under way (with half of us booted out during the track reset), I was stoked to drop a 15.2 and sit 3rd on the grid. Awesome lap by Watto (McCracken.. I think 2:13.7??) gave him pole, with Grassies sitting next to him on the grid.
    Cautious as ever into turn 1, I got swamped and was 6th running down to Eau Rouge for the first time. Grassies went wide through Eau Rouge so I got one spot back, but a slow exit of Les Combe's let Fubbles through. Slotted in behind Fubbles, and that made it interesting for the next 3 laps. Slight bit of lag from him, and I kept a bit of distance wondering where I could get past without the horrible lag-punch. Lap 2, I got through Blanchimont full throttle while Fubbles backed of and put me right on his bumper. I dived under at the chicane but was slow through there and fubbles did the criss-cross and got the spot back over the finish line.
    Lap 3, with Fubbles's car still jumping around a bit and puffs of smoke here and there, I got a better run through Eau Rouge and drafted down the straight and got the move done. Only to run a bit wide exiting Les combes and put Fubbles right on me again. He looked coming to Pouhon but thought better of it.
    Lap 4, I ran wide on the exit of la Source and got a tap from Fubbles and the drag to Eau Rouge was on again. Again, a better run through Eau Rouge gave me a bit of space On Lap 5, Fubbles had a half-spin on the exit of La Source and I was finally on my own.
    As Ad2mny posted above, SPL, Jim and himself were having all sorts of fun up ahead of me, so the gap was only about 4 seconds. I set about just being consistent as SPL fell off the back of Jim and Ad. All 4 of us doing similar lap times meant it was status quo for a few laps.
    Was suprised (but happy) to see SPL duck into the pits at the end of lap 9 as I had just tagged onto the back of him. Still doing 17's, I decided to stay out until my front left was down to 3.
    Rest of the race was pretty un-eventful. Just trying to stay straight and on track with the aim of catching Ad. I'd gain a bit of ground then he'd get a bit more.
    I put a little bit more fuel in than Ad (the game told me 60 litres, I went with 65) and came out of the pits 2.5 seconds behind, with SPL another 2.5 seconds behind me after his spin on his outlap.
    Felt sorry for Jim on lap 20. Pushing hard (on older tyres) to stay front of Ad, went wide a few times and Ad got him through Pouhon. Then ran deep in to the final chicane, being a gentleman, he slowed (suprised the game didn't give you a short-cut penalty) and I got by. Then, I had to keep it straight for a whole lap and managed my first podium in ages.

First 5 laps with Fubbles was awesome, even with the lag scaring me, cheers mate, great driving.
    Results (pending any protest... haven't heard anything yet, fingers crossed :) )
    No DSC... 13 started and 13 finished.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Stumbles. that's excellent.
    DekGT5mad and Stumbles like this.
  14. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Sprint round this weekend at Cape ring South. Make sure you buy the race medium tyres before the race.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  15. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

Very happy with the outcome last night.
    I knew I had to push hard in qually as Grassies had laid down a 13.6 in pre-race practice so was stoked to nail a 13.7 to secure pole.
    Race start and I saw Grassies diving down the inside into T1 but managed to get through in front with Jim right behind me heading into Eau Rouge. Couldn't believe my luck when I saw Jim run wide and ghost which gave me a small gap and then noticed blue arrows going everywhere which turned out to be Grassies followed by Dek coming together. I concentrated on putting down good solid laps with no spins until on lap 10, I noticed Jim pit which I thought would help me as his hard tyres would fade late in the race. I pitted on lap 11 with teammate Ad not far behind and set off for 10 laps on the hards. I managed to maintain about a 6 second gap with Jim and Ad battling behind me which I hoped would slow them down a little. On the last lap, I had to concentrate on every corner making sure that I didn't make a mistake as Ad and Stumbles would have pounced but thankfully managed to bring it home. Great result for GRT with the 1-2.
    DekGT5mad, Ad2mny and SPL Racing like this.
  16. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Just want to say a big sorry to Tank for ruining his night.

I just tapped Mario on the left, and swerved a bit too violently to the right to not hit him again, straight in to your path sorry tank. Was a clumsy move. :oops:
    DekGT5mad and Tanktex like this.
  17. Tanktex

Tanktex Rookie

PSN ID
    Tanktex
    Once again our struggles with the PSN played its role in the race room.
    The result I and half the room dcd whilst a room refresh was undertaken no big problem exept having two of the same cars to choose from I accidently choose the wrong one (had RH tyres) jumped straight into to qualifying 2 laps in realised not in my (RS) selected car so I jumped out changed car rejoined the track and pulled over netting me the last spot on the grid.:(
    Was tough trying to get threw the pack on there hard tyres first and on lap 8 whilst attempting to overtake our resident Lag Punter it was my turn to cop a sledge hammer hit sending me backwards and busting left front wheel and the engine driveline honestly that was the 3rd round and its been explained well before regarding this issue to this Div 4 driver. Mods team advised preseason bad net that affects others will not be tolerated so Please address before sunday or im gonna crack the shiets and return the damage.
    Anyway continued on pitted at end of lap 10 to hards found my rythem and started reeling in as many as I could untill after the 21st lap Id managed 5th place and was happy with that after starting 13th.
    Finally a big respect shout out goes to Gary who accidently whilst in thick traffic made contact lap 1 sending me of track he then waited the 25 odd seconds for me to come back ruining his chance of a podium thats the sign of a true gentleman and what this racing series stands for thanks mate.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    stucar17, DekGT5mad, Stumbles and 3 others like this.
  18. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Cyber Rant V1.012
    Post Traumatic Race Disorder
    I do not claim to know a lot about Cyberspace, I do know that the older and fatter I get I am taking up more of it. I will try not to bore U all stupid, however I offer up these thoughts and observations and hope to generate some further discussion.
    I have now done a few online races with U guys and have nothing but praise for the organisers and participants. I am attempting to make some constructive criticism here and in no way wish to offend anyone.
    Sony Servers were dismal on Sunday night. I was particularly looking forward to Spa as I can not say round one or two were my favorite places to race. In div 6 we had a stable room with everyone in – until the host re-set the room. It would appear that this is standard practice – it would also appear that it causes serious stability problems within the room server. After several attempts to get it sorted @CPTNPEACH kindly set up an alternative room. That was the beginning of my undoing. After several attempts to get in – I finally did. Went to go on track - was told my car did not comply – it still let me on track and then dumped me – Black Screen – forced re-set – file check -the whole kit and boodles. It was not until later I remembered that I have never been able to get into a Ctn Peach room – such is life.
    Now as I said I am somewhat of a Techno phobic Luddite – to which I believe @DekGT5mad can agree. I am pretty certain that my system meltdown was not caused by a fault at my end but at Sony PD server. It requested sending fault info to Sony.
    This caused a great degree of Cyberstress. Which I believe may be caused by Server Stress, and leads to Racer Stress. I would appreciate any feedback from @NAACS and @DekGT5mad as they may be able to shed some more light on these issues.
    Are we as a group contributing to Server Stress???
    As per: GTLOZ Official Lounge Settings
    Race quality should be set to high and voice chat disabled.
    Is this causing issues – in my experience having Race Qual on high can cause issues, Would it not be a better idea to have it set to standard. Not all of us have the same quality net connection and the room needs to try and cater for that.
    In div 6 our rooms have also had voice chat on High – I am sure this uses bandwidth and affects room stability. It should be Off. If it is deemed necessary at least have it on Low.
    Trying to have 16 users in the room is maxing out the server capacity. It could possibly be a good idea to limit room size to 10 or 12 drivers and have more divisions.
    We are also dumping about 100 extra users onto the same track at the same time. It could well be worthwhile having the dif divs rotating through the track. By that I mean if div one starts at track 1, div 5 starts at track 5 etc. That way we would only have one or two divisions on each track at one time.
    I suffered terrible Post Traumatic Race Disorder and Driver Remorse as a result of Sunday night. I offer these ideas if they may help in any way. All comments good or bad encouraged.
    I have posted this in a few spots to try and get input.
    @stucar17 - Your thoughts mate.
    Cheers Cyberstig.
  19. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Valid points there Stiggy

My thoughts on a couple of yours if I may. This is only about the 2nd season in all of ROOZ history to have somewhat full rooms. Even when divisions were limited to 12 participants, there were exactly the same network issues experienced by various people.

The room reset was brought in to ensure that a valid qualifying session was recorded, and starting places would accurately reflect the times posted. It would wipe any and all practice times.

I honestly don't think rotating the tracks between the divisions will do anything as at any given point in time, there are hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands of people worldwide using the same track, no matter what it is.

Some of the other more experienced network/hosting guys can add some further comment.

Cheers

Damo (Disturboed)
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  20. fubbles888

fubbles888 Guest

I actually felt like quitting the race, but that would be unsportsmanlike:p
    stucar17, garyw61 and SPL Racing like this.