GT6 Division 1 Season 8

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 12, 2016.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Weather forecast says it will be a dry race, but with the return of Mustafur, a 100% chance of lean!
    [​IMG]
    Ad2mny, Crunch, Mustafur and 8 others like this.
  2. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Never gets old. Lol
    Kieran_B33, Crunch and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    As it stands there are still people in here who have not accepted my requests. The whole point of the meet and greet was to rectify this and sort out any network gremlins.

I plan to host it as a friends only lobby so @Slambobagan and @Mr.Figjam could you please accept my FR's asap.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  4. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Hey guys, hate to say this but I don't think I will make tomorrow's race. I have recently moved house and Internet is still not up and running. :( Will definitely make round 2.
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Room Open.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Where is everyone?
    Room ID: 1472-4711-0167-3384-0017
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  7. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    in div 2 lmao
  8. Ben78

Ben78 New Recruit

PSN ID
    nebneb1978
    Sorry guys not gonna make it tonight I'm not up to pace yet with the car & it's valentine's day sorry for the late response but I will back next Sunday ready to go :)
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    @emmo46
    Pole: Myself
    FL: Warrior
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Very disappointing turnout. Only 7 of the premier GT6 division isn't good at all. I understand it was valentines day, thanks to those who informed if they were unavailable. Hopefully next week we are back to capacity.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    warrior2167, Kieran_B33 and Watto64 like this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  11. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Looked like 3 divs lol.
    1A (Alien)
    1B (Better than most)
    1C (Can't complain, they let me into Div1)

But what Jono really has done is forced Warrior to practice more and now he'll come back and stomp us so bad I won't be on the lead lap for the rest of the season.
    warrior2167, incey, seth123 and 2 others like this.
  12. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Well done Jono, c'mon warrior you use to lap this bloke a few seasons ago ;)
    Beau_Albert and JonoStan96 like this.
  13. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I'm thrilled to have finished on the podium in my Division 1 début! It was a bit surreal to have @warrior2167 in my sights for most of the race.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Couldn't be happier after that performance, I thought the race was gone seeing the laps Mus and Warrior were doing in practice so I was prepared to settle for 3rd.

But in qualifying I was surprised to see them pit instantly for new tyres so I figured I'd come in after I set one flyer. It was nerve racking as I realised I'd get one shot at it. My heart leaped into my throat when I saw Warrior do a 55.9, but I thought seeings we have the best rubber lets see what we can do. When I was up by 2 tenths in S1, not bad. I knew I usually lost a minimum 4 tenths in sector 2, so my eyes lit up when I saw I was up by .019 after S2, oh god don't stuff up the Bus Stop. I crossed the line after probably my best ever lap of Spa in anything, good enough for pole by 2 tenths.

I knew I had to get a good start, which unsurprisingly we all did. Foolishly I left the door wide open so I had to squeeze out warrior. Suddenly Mus was now my key rival, and the dirty air up Radiilon didn't faze him. I held the inside at Les Combes and kept 1st. Now I knew I had to strike while the iron was hot, and pull away. Once Mus lost my draft I had to keep pushing hard as Warrior was being held up and as soon as he would be free he would be ready to pounce like a dog on a vacuum. ;)

When he got past the lead was being cut considerably, even more so as the tyres wore out. I pulled into the pits with the gap slashed from 6 seconds to 2. I got lucky though as Warrior lost 2 in the pit lane. From there it was a sprint to the finish. I made a mistake on my 2nd lap out of the pits so I just missed out on the purple lap. Unfortunately Bryan's early stop failed to get him in front of Warrior so I didn't have the luxury of traffic this time. Winning this race would be extremely tough now.

By now the perspiration was seeping down my face as I watched the gap fall and fall and fall. The last 5 laps felt like an eternity. I just needed to keep hitting the apexes in S2 to prevent warrior from taking as much advantage as possible, as I had more pace in the first and third sectors. The car was becoming quite the task indeed as the tyres wore down, I lacked the confidence to drive on the limit in sector 2. With one lap to go Warrior was down to 1 second within me, so the pressure was utterly insane. I held my nerve with gritted teeth as he kept on coming, but out of Stavelot he was 6 tenths back, I just needed to nail the Bus Stop to win. The first win was pure relief to get the monkey off the back, but this one was sheer satisfaction and jubilation, it feels bloody awesome to know now Monza was no fluke. Easily the hardest fought victory I've had in ROOZ just based on the mental stress.

[​IMG]

Full credit to Warrior on fighting back twice, you definitely made me earn my pay-check! Congrats Bryan on scoring a podium on debut, I hope you'll use it a launching pad to greater things! Also many thanks to Mus for holding up Warrior, it is unlikely I would have won had you not gotten ahead on lap 1. Hopefully next week we have a big turnout as this is shaping up to be a vintage season. Next week I will be up in Brisbane racing with warrior and @MINT_GTR at Matt's place racing in the GTPSS Bathurst 12 Hour, so I will be still racing but on Mint's account.

Cheers, Jono.
  15. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Good win jono congrats on 2nd Div 1 win.

My race was one to forget, in Qualifying I binned my best lap on the last corner which would of been a 1:55 something so I had to start 3rd with my 56.4
    off the line I got a good start and was able to leep frog warrior into 2nd, attempted a pass at N64 but wasn't able to get close enough, then from there My Pace was no match for those around me, N64 was able to build a big lead and Warrior was hounding me, i made a big error about 5 laps in and then went back down to 4th then i made another and another, after the first pit stop i was much more comfortable and was able to get past WTF and try catch bryan but I Spun again and all hope was lost, from there i just cruised home to a lonely 4th.

Going to put in alot of practice this week so i can get back up with the leading pack.
    B-Spec Bob, JonoStan96 and seth123 like this.
  16. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    When you spin does it hurt the leans
    Beau_Albert and JonoStan96 like this.
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    precision is effected, my leans lack confidence from that point.
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Sorry to hear :thumbsdown:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Definitely a race to forget for me too. Had a shocking start, and so was following stigs who was drifting all over the track (lag) which was a little off putting but only because I was watching him too much! A big spin at the end of s2 really put the end to my race and shot my confidence. So was quite lonely first half of the race.

Came out of the pits to have stigs to keep me company for the 2nd half of the race, unfortunately with my tires going off and generally not being that comfortable in the car I started going a little too deep into corners loosing time to stigs. The final corner on the final lap, I over shot the bus stop.. turning back onto the track and getting going again meant I got pipped just before the line.

This car / track list definitely has the potential to be a great season. But we need people to show up.

I'll persist for another round, but its still another poor turnout Im going to pull out and just enjoy AC :)
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Aw come on mate. That will just add to the issue if you give up. I know you got the goods!