PCARS Season 2 - Div 4

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 10, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    if anyone needs help with a tune make sure you ask......i was runnig in the 36s last night and still not real confident with the rear, still a little loose...

Key here is braking early in turns 1 and 4, and rolling through the back sections to keep up momentum....lots of time in the chicane as well, but can be a tightrope with the penalty if you bite off too much......will be on a bit over the next few days if anyone needs a hand....just ask.
  2. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok, couple of things before round 2 on sunday night.

Anyone still searching for a tune let me know....will try to help you out, however Cob ran high 33s last night on a stock setting so it is pretty good straight of the box, ive spent hours finding what is only .2 faster as a PB.

last nights prac race was "interesting" to say the least......The track is an absolute cracker for this car, but as stated by Autech above, the track really only has 2 passing places that you would consider GENUINE PASSING spots. Last night i started from pole, and by the hairpin i was 10th after being belted from pillar to post by some drivers pretending to be my proctologist. Not cool !!

Turn 1, lap 1 will be an absolute :):):):) fight if you dont give each other room, you simply cant get in there too hot and expect to make the corner without taking other cars out.....The same has to be said with the back straight chicane on lap 1, kamakazee moves will result in tears with drivers "trying" to make up 15 spots in one corner. there has been 1 protest upheld for failing to redress and it resulted in a 15 second time penalty added to their race time....This is non negotiable, if you make contact, gain an "obvious" advantage and don't redress, you WILL be penalized ABOUT 20 seconds depending on the individual circumstanced on the incident. Remember to save your replay !

ALSO, Dont use "reset" to get the car back on the track.....there were a few examples last night of drivers resetting, but all it does is put you back on the race line of incoming drivers and it will end in tears for everyone !

I also have to say, there have been a few examples of drivers who have been legitimately passed, only to turn in on the passing car causing contact. If you lose the corner, give it up and live to fight next lap.....its good race craft to keep the fight going, dont end it with twisted metal and time penalties on one corner....

Also, Beakers vid below is interesting for a few reasons......1. all drivers getting passed are giving room, it shows you can brake late and still make the apex, HOWEVER, pass 2 could have ended in tears given he runs on through the corner...."had" contact been made this is a classic case of redressing and then getting back on with it....
    Will be on tonight again for another test / race run, all welcome to join if you see my room open, just ask for an invite.
  3. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

So a bit of screw up. Did a 'reset to default' on one of zthe screens and reset the entire tune I had going (forgot it resets all settings, was also on my way to drunken-ness when I did it). Thankfully I can remember 'most' of the set up...
  4. HIGGS

HIGGS New Recruit

PSN ID
    Higgs7664
    wont be making it tomorrow night picked up a shift a work and don't finish till 8:30pm Qld time, get home at 9pm.
    when daylight savings finishes I may be able to get home in time to jump online, this shift will happen often, Sundays is good money. Have fun tomorrow.
    SPL Racing likes this.
  5. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Got to miss tonight as well. Another night shift, looking forward to the following week though.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    should still have a pretty good size grid tonight.....col, clevo, bastian, and a few others should be back .....
  7. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Is purple hosting again tonight? Whoever is hosting, plz send us an invite even if I'm offline as I'll be out and will jump in as soon as i get back, I'll hopefully make it before or during quali.
    Zachery likes this.
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Yeah whoever is hosting, if you dont have me add me. Psn zharvs92
  9. Dev1lman_87

Dev1lman_87 Rookie

PSN ID
    Dev1lman_87 Swampy_Marsh
    Do you have playstation app
  10. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Yes I do :)
    beakeroo likes this.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  12. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Hey guys, something has come up and I won't be able to make it tonight.nwill be back next Sunday.
  13. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I will be there, will sort with @PurpleDog when I get online.
    PurpleDog and stucar17 like this.
  14. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Ill be on in a minute.
  15. Bevo_17

Bevo_17 Rookie

PSN ID
    Bevo_17
    When will party chat and room be up
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Some good racing tonight lads. I had no power and no brakes near the end to hold on. Will open ducts next week cos i think they were both 100% closed.
  17. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    quali, race and fastest laps
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    PurpleDog and webnomad like this.
  18. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    only disconnect was bevo
  19. Dev1lman_87

Dev1lman_87 Rookie

PSN ID
    Dev1lman_87 Swampy_Marsh
  20. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Lol so i worked out that the piece of board that holds my pedals actually came up and was stopping me from accelerating and braking all the way. Hahaha wont be letting that happem again.
    JonoStan96 likes this.