Season 8 - Better Late Than.... - Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    That was an awesome race especially with 25 cars on track and no Turn 1 pile up.
    Casper, spita84, vh_mik and 2 others like this.
  2. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

Ah :):):):). Well it turns out that although I might miss out next week due to internet issues, I won't be able to race the 2 weeks after that either as I just found out that I have to go away for work.
    So I may as well retire from the rest of this season and maybe show up for the last one or two if allowed.

This sucks as I was hoping to have a good strong season, but that will have to wait.
  3. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Was on for a incident free race and by lap 12 I'd decided I was quite happy just sitting right behind Loris who clearly had more pace than me. Had a nice buffer of a few seconds to the guy behind me so things were looking up, until lap 14 when my force feedback died.

Quite disappointing as its been far too long since I've not been caught up in something, but there is always next week! At least I managed to finish, as I could have DNF (so losing 10 spots isnt too bad). On the up side, no ballast for me!
  4. Mael

Mael Professional

Round 2 Qualifying. Again a close round with a number of new drivers performing very well.

@Cherno managed to move ahead of KoastR in the overall ranking but notable performances were @Anon666 for pole position and @Cyber_STIG_77 and @loris P. for improvements from last week.

The pole position time was 1:15.3010, median laptime 1:15.926, average laptime 1:16.106 and standard deviation 0.629 seconds :D

[​IMG]

Edited to correct driver names.. we really should make a rule that forum & AC names must be the same :confused:
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    loris P. and Anon666 like this.
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I blame ballast for that :p
    WD Anon, Loris (goo TTB) and Ed ;)
    Where forum and AC names are different I've tried to capture on the results tables with /. So hopefully that helps cause I loose track otherwise too. :poop:
    loris P. likes this.
  6. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    I will change my name back to spita84 in AC. I actually meant to do it before last night but forgot:rolleyes:.
    I only changed it because i was using the SRS App which requires your name but all good now;).

Daniel
    Anon666 likes this.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Apologies for not reminding everyone.....but the season 3 prize draw was held last night thanks to Anon and his amazing lotto abilities !

The winners, thanks to "The Gamesmen" were
    Pringles_947 - Logitech G29 Wheel
    NAACS - Logitech Wireless Keyboard G610
    Adronaught - Dirt Rally PS4 Game

Congratulations guys, if you need a reminder of what these guys won, have a look at the link, and remember to support our sponsors who make available these great prizes and continue to support ROOZ
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/prize-pack-the-gamesmen-cup.2231/
    krunch, Casper, skywalker and 4 others like this.
  8. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

Hi guys i just found out about this league and i would like to join if its not to late :D
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  9. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey JayJay. Welcome to the forum man. We aim to please so if you could get on the server (search raceonoz) and do some laps around Albert Park that would be great. Given Shaun is going to be MIA over the next few rounds I expect to see you suit up in his place on Monday night. We have an official practice on Thursday night, hopefully see you then. I will post a discord invite here on the night.
    Cyber_STIG_77 and Rolz like this.
  10. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Ok... Got a small clip from the race on Monday night..

The Audio is a touch out, however only recorded 3 laps of the race...

11. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Niiice :thumbsup: great save end of lap 1
    R0T0R-AU86 likes this.
  12. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Very cool. Im sold on VR :)

I love how you hopped out of your seat at the end to get a closer look out the windscreen... :p
  13. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Love the video, I'd get VR tomorrow if it was as clear as your video :D
    But it's not there yet.
  14. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    lol I had to take my googles off to stop the recording, and save the video!!! hahah and of course had to do it down the straight! :p

Well it is actually better than what is recorded... that is actual VR rendered on my graphics card and cut down so its not massive file, so the quality has dropped even more... Trust me 1080p on your face isn't too bad! Also i think it only records one side of the lens... because with it on you can actually see alot more than that!
    skywalker likes this.
  15. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED

Yeah Im with Rotor, I've only used the Vive with Pcars, but the graphics was quite impressive. Its just a matter of having the HW to run it, but the kit is all available now!

I've just been offered a new job, so hopefully I'll be able to get an upgrade soon ;)
    R0T0R-AU86 likes this.
  16. Casper

Casper Rookie

Sorry if you have already posted this but which VR headset are you using?
  17. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Oculus Rift CV1 mate... I got it second hand from gumtree for $800... :)

You will get a bargain on gumtree from people that get "motion sickness" ... They have it for a few hours, or they already have a Vive... Of course you have dreamers on there too, trying to sell them for $1400... It took me looking everyday for 2 and a half weeks before one popped up locally for the right price, they I shot a close enough figure to what they are after.. Most people are looking for around $900-1000... So my starting offer was always $800
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  18. Casper

Casper Rookie

Thanks Rotor. Thats one of my worries, the motion issue I mean. When I lock the horizon (or dont, I cant remember which way) in AC I struggle with the motion issue so I would never buy one until I had a chance to try it to see how that goes for me.
  19. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

20. Mael

Mael Professional

Don't forget the official Kunos tracks either. Spa or old monza are always fun. As bonus they tend to be easier on our poor PC's then the mod tracks if there are a lot of cars.