PCARS PCARs is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Pete, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Pete

Pete Rookie

Since PCars is at 50% discount on steam at the moment I am wonder if it is worth getting. So I mainly use Assetto Corsa so I'd interested to hear from anyone that has used both.

Also has anyone played automobilista how does it compare to the other two?
  2. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Nope.
  3. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I'd say yes. All on ps4.
    Played pcars first. Bought Assetto Corsa and have moved back to pcars with AC collecting dust.
    AOCleaner74 and Killercarlcox69 like this.
  4. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Spidey, he plays AC on PC, so there would be absolutely no point buying project cars unless he loves unfinished games that were pre-maturely released and have crap physics lol.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    Cherno and KoAStR like this.
  5. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    o_O
    Pete and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  6. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Believe it or not that was auto correct.........:confused:
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  7. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

hey @Pete me krunch and about 4-5 other guys do tuesday night fun races on pcars on pc if you get pcars and want to have a drive. i like ac more but pcars is still fun
    Ryzza5 likes this.
  8. Pete

Pete Rookie

Thanks for you comments guys. I am going to pass on pCars. It's not a dollars and cents thing its time. With summer and a new car coming I think I will spend more time in the big room with the blue ceiling ;).
    seth123, Driftoz and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  9. Mael

Mael Professional

ohh what car? An Toyota 86 maybe? or better 911???
  10. Pete

Pete Rookie

Golf R. I needed some elements of practicality.
    Ryzza5 likes this.
  11. Mael

Mael Professional

911 has rear seats as far as I know ;)
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  12. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

Get into Automobilista if you're looking for something different to AC. Heaps of cool tracks and lots of good features. Has really good AI, FFB and physics, just a shame its not a bit more polished and more popular online.
  13. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Hey guys, So recently i have upgraded to PS4 and has bought the F1 2016 game however i've been looking at this game for a while and am curious as to wherever it was it was worth buying.
    Mainly asking if the game has a sort of realistic feel to it and how many tracks/cars are in the game etc
    I apologise if this isn't the correct place to place this thread but i thought this is where all of the P/Cars sunday league guys will be so i might be able to get multiple opinions.
    SPL Racing likes this.
  14. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Short answer No.

Long answer: If you enjoy hot lapping and getting a general feel for the cars and you enjoy spending the time tuning various cars etc. then it is probably worth it, especially if you can pick it up fairly cheep. If however you prefer the actual racing component of a racing game like most of us do, then i'd advise you try something like Asetto Corsa instead (agreed, theres not much happening on this site at the moment with regards to online racing, but the single player racing alone is better than PCARS).

If you want PCARS to race that as Sunday league then I'd recommend you stick with GT6 because as infuriating as joining a full lobby is and only being able to see 3 people is, setting up a move on someone for multiple laps, only for that move to get completely ruined by shoddy collision physics in PCARS is a real let down. If you do want to get PCARS for sunday league, then try and get it for as cheap as you can.

Hope this helps...
    seth123, JonoStan96 and SPL Racing like this.
  15. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    I'd say yes it is. It was a massive breath of fresh air from Gran Turismo for me and still remains the best you'll find for league racing on Console. Sadly!
    I say sadly as the game has it's drawbacks, as does every game, but as i said for PS4 it is probably the best platform for 'simracing.' It is relatively realistic, in my opinion a leap forward from Gran Turismo 6, although it isn't quite AC or iRacing level as i'm sure @Samsung1998racer will say at least 100 times over. The collision physics are a draw back, but this does promote more caution among drivers and will make sure nobody goes for a kamikaze move.
    Car list is naturally down on GT, but track selection is much broader in my opinion.
    I'd recommend it, but be aware that the odds of the PCARs community moving away from the game when a better sim-title comes out is nearly guaranteed, so if you are going to get it, probably sooner rather than later so you get your moneys worth.
    Kart-No-1 and Killercarlcox69 like this.
  16. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Absolutely the best option for league racing on PS4. It's not without its faults but there is a great selection of GT cars, open wheelers and super cars. Graphics and sounds are way ahead of GT6 and the time transition from day to night is stunning. Nathan's points are valid but as Beau said you have to be cautious when attempting passing moves as per real life and you have to pick your battles. Dive bombs at every corner will always lead to carnage so you have to be patient.

To say you can't have close racing because of the collision physics is a cop out for sloppy driving, I've had some incredible battles without trading paint and it is very rewarding to fight hard but come out clean. I'm sure that everyone will jump to another title when something better comes along but for now 4 strong divisions show that it is well worth it for league racing for now.
  17. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Yeah its worth it, and id say even with the recent release of AC its still worth it.
    To keep it short:
    Physics- 7/10
    Visuals: 9/10
    Sounds: 9/10
    Tire Model: 6/10
    Cars: 8/10
    Tracks: 8/10

Its 2million miles ahead of GT6 and i use to love ans play the s$!t out of that game
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Best league racing? I know you like to lick turtles and what not. But when something needs to be reviewed we have beau diving up the inside of an Alpaca, When we rode on your view it was entirely different... Then not to forget other carnage the game caused throughout the season.

The feedback feels like a bungee cable ripping your wheel like there is some form of inertia generated by a seesaw, I never fiddled with that stuff because being a ps4 games its pretty chilled.

The step forwards Pcars/ Shift 3 has over gt6 was due to the game being on next gen,

Even the things that it has over GT6, lets say tyre temp the game just :):):):)s itself if you drive into the pits and not change the rubber.

I could honestly go on all day how the games a piece of :):):):) but that would probs cause the site to crash due to the 100 page post.

If you want to hot lap and dick around and watch AI self detonate at Monza or Monaco 10/10 but trying anything serious is just waste of time.

By saying this does not mean I am a Gt6 fanboy, that game had its fair share of dramas but none like Pcars which the only reason Rooz still has a season on it is because you can see everyone on track.

F1 2016 not the best game ever either but ahead of the rest, The community event which is being run on it you could agree Beau its fit for a official league.
    Sam D Blacklock and JonoStan96 like this.
  19. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    The bungee-cable-force feedback would be down to the settings you were using more than the game itself. However that's a drawback of PCARSin itself, it doesn't work how it should as standard :(
    As for the F1 point, i'm half and half. It does alot of stuff brilliantly, but i'm not sure if it is league ready... However that being said, (Second time in one post i'm going back on myself :eek: ) if an official league were to be run on Sundays i would certainly have to think about it.
    So i think my main point stands.... can we have a good all round game pleaseeeee? This feels like the US election, choosing the lesser of two evils
    ADZA_85, Sam D Blacklock and seth123 like this.
  20. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    You mean a.., game where we can race door to door... and we can all see one another :rolleyes:

@Rockstar go work with car people and make a bloody good game lmao