Season 5 - Division 4.

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Race Day! I'm back this week so I'll resume hosting duties. Thanks to @George for hosting the last 2 rounds. Sprint round this weekend, so 2 short races with a reverse grid in the second. I'll have a room up about 7:30pm AEDT tonight, and quali should get underway just after 8pm tonight. We'll have a short break in between the 2 races tonight. Hope to see you all there tonight! and I'll run through the procedure for tonight when we're all in the lobby together.
    George, Anthonyb and Bounty05 like this.
  2. cruciald00dz

cruciald00dz Team Driver

PSN ID
    CRUCIALD00DZ
    [​IMG]

Moving into div 3 like..

I miss div 4 lads!
    rossi0nsx, Hatfield, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  3. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    I miss div 3 where more often then not I could make it around the first corner without getting punted off and having to make my way back up...
    Zachery likes this.
  4. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Not really the return to racing I was hoping for. After missing 2 weeks, i never expected to be right on the pace, but also never expected to be as far back as I was. Quali seemed to go alright, I managed to get at least 1 really hooked up lap in which put me 4th with about a minute to go, and dropped to 7th by the end of the session. Start of race 1 seemed to go alright, had a decent jump and managed to sneak up into the podium by turn 2. From there I knew i didnt have the pace to keep myself there, but wanted to stay as high up as i could. Unfortunately, through a series of stupid lines and driving errors i dropped to the bottom of the field. From there i spent the rest of the race trying to get back up the field and finished on the lead lap in 8th. Race 2 was a much better start for me, was up into P1 by T2 and wanted to run away with everything. My teammate @Anthonyb had other ideas and took P1 from me. Knowing i didn't have the pace to keep up with Ant, i just tried to hold onto second and defended really hard to keep 2nd. Didn't all go to plan however as midway through the race I had a bad exit out of the final corner and that allowed Bluebounty to get by into T1. Race stayed the same from there and i ended up in P3 for Race 2. Good fun races tonight, sprint round seemed to live up to its name with hard fought battles throughout the field. Looking forward to next weekend!
    stucar17, Bounty05 and Anthonyb like this.
  5. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Felt like I had good pace in both races tonight and if it wasn’t for me making silly mistakes I would have been at the front of both races but 6th in the first race was still acceptable but coming 2nd in race 2 was really satisfying. I caught up to @Anthonyb about half way through the race & the two of us had an absolutely awesome battle for the top position that lasted for about 4-5 laps. Although I was sure I had the pace but just couldn’t pass him and in the end I spun myself around at Agostini and lost my chance for a P1 finish. Just to make things worse I hit the invisible wall coming down the front straight about to start the last lap - very disconcerting.
    Thanks to everybody for some good fun racing.
  6. Dev1lman_87

Dev1lman_87 Rookie

PSN ID
    Dev1lman_87 Swampy_Marsh
  7. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Hey man have you got the total race times. Round 1 will be on the chart
  8. Dev1lman_87

Dev1lman_87 Rookie

PSN ID
    Dev1lman_87 Swampy_Marsh
    No I forgot to take that one
  9. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Think I grabbed them last night, earliest I can get them up here will be Wednesday night as I'm busy with exams until then. Results are provisional at this stage anyway, have a protest to sort through with the mods
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  10. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Thanks nath the provisional doesn't matter for the charts though.
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, Driver briefing for R5 at Laguna seca. Remember we are back to a compulsory stop this round, please make sure you have your tire option set to change if you need to. I have yet to do a race run so have no idea if you will get through on the one set of tires. Is tough to pass here, and as always is a chance of knocking someone into a penalty, particularly at the corkscrew. PLEASE, if you knock someone off there please redress. Its a no brainer.

[​IMG]
    Weather Slots
    1. Heavy Cloud

2. Overcast
    3. Light cloud
    4. Clear
    [​IMG]

Fuel: REAL
    Tire Wear : REAL
    Time Progression : Real
    COMPULSORY PIT STOP : ON
    Qual : 10 mins
    5 MIN WARM UP for any last minute issues or DSC
    PENALTIES :
    ON
    TIRES : SOFT SLICK (default)
    DAMAGE : Visual only

PIT EXIT / ENTRY : All drivers MUST use the proper pit exit. Drivers exiting straight onto track will receive a drive through of 30 seconds. Remember too, there is a slight kink on entry, your car WILL hit the wall on the right, but if you go in to hot i have seen cars get stuck there. BE WARNED !
    TRACK LIMITS : There is nowhere here to cut and gain an advantage. Please use the standard ROOZ rules, 2 wheels must be on the ripple strip or white lines at all times. There are cut penalties at T2, 4, 6,8,9 and 10.
    DRIVING STANDARDS : Tough track to pass on. Be patient and remember it's better to give up a spot and continue the fight, than make contact defending, have it all turn pear shaped, and have to fight your way back after avoidable contact. A reminder that side to side contact will more often than not, result in the magnetic effect, so ALL drivers need to give reasonable room to someone making a clean and reasonable pass.
    CONTACT : There is a high chance of push penalties this round at turns 2, 8 and 11. If you push someone into a penalty or offline for your advantage, you will be expected to redress, and give the position back. Again, use your heads and give room where needed............Don't use other cars as a brake ! If you are mid /back of the pack, remember to brake earlier to avoid contact.
    RETURNING TO TRACK : If you do happen to go off track, please use your heads when returning. Stay offline until you are back up to race speed so you don't compromise other drivers.
    BLUE FLAGS : A reminder that if you are about to be lapped, its is good racing etiquette to move to the side where possible to let the leaders through.
    MICS : Please remember to mute your mic during the race, unless you are in a chat room and its agreed by all you can keep them on.
    PROTESTS : As always, if you feel you have reason to protest, save your replay, and then contact the room captains and the mod team, Myself or AD2MNY.....DO NOT blow up in the chat room, or on the forum.
    RAGE QUITTING : A reminder that if you rage quit the room, you will receive 0 points, not be able to use it as your drop round and it wont count as a round of your 4 needed to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize. If you have to stop, park up in the pits and let the race run down without leaving so it doesn't glitch the other drivers or replay.
    SWERVING : A reminder that swerving to try to stop another driver gaining the draft is NOT permitted. You may change your line once, and that's it. ;)

Anything i have missed let me know
    Stu
    Anthonyb likes this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Slight change for tonight , laps now 31 and fuel to slow.
    Anthonyb and Nathancarhead like this.
  14. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Hi all,
    Usual story tonight, I'll have a room open about 7:30pm AEDT for the race, quali underway about 8:10pm AEDT.

Had a small techinal error on PCARS earlier this arvo when i tried to set up a room so all the setting would be correct for later tonight where it failed to create a room and then locked me from making a room again. If this happens, we will have to get someone else to host, @George ?? We'll try with me first, and then go from there.

Hope to see you all there!
    George, Anthonyb and Bounty05 like this.
  15. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Had a big day and a nap. I woke up and saw 7:08pm and then realised that thanks to QLD being in the 19th century that I had missed the race.

Hope everyone had a good night and see you next week.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  16. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

20 years and 1 hour behind.

Qualified 1st and got a good start. @tuddy got past @Nathancarhead and started chipping away at my lead. Made a small mistake in the last turn and let him past. Was happy to stick behind him and hope he would make a mistake but came onto some back markers and got pushed into a 5 sec penalty got going again only to be held up again by more back markers so into the pits to try to clear my head. Then it came up with the car was having electrical problems and my crew where having a look at it a bit of time wasted there. Back out just in front of @Nathancarhead stayed in second until I ran onto the ripple strip after the cork screw and screwd it up. Giving @mwkw1520 2nd.
    @bluebounty gave me a nudge in the last corner after a spin at the cork screw again (not sure if I was helped or not at the cork screw) but bounty redressed and I finished 3rd (thanks bounty).
    Well done @tuddy and @mwkw1520 on the top steps of the podium. Also fastest lap tuddy.
    See you next week in the rain
    Ant
    rossi0nsx, Mick, Bounty05 and 2 others like this.
  17. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Bit of a race to forget for me. Wasn't expecting much this weekend to begin with when my best practice laps were a mid 26. Quali went alright and i grabbed 7th with a lap i thought was right on the money, unfortunately it wasnt on the money enough. No matter come the race as i had the best start of my PCARS career, no wheelspin and away i went managing to get up to 3rd by the Andretti Hairpin. Had a great first half of the race holding onto a podium, and acting at rear gunner for @Anthonyb . That didn't last for long as soon enough my wheel started playing up once again and I copped B.S. cut track penalty after cut track penalty because my wheel would put my car in the wrong gear at the wrong time. Think i lost at least 30s to a minute with wheel issues tonight. Anyway, made my pitstop on lap 16 and came out in 8th. Painful second half of the race where everytime i got near the cars in front i would get caught up with backmarkers or recieve even more BS track penalties. Ended up 7th tonight, really felt like i had a chance to hang onto a podium or top 5 result had i stayed out longer than i had as i was maintaining a stong gap to the cars behind in the first half of the race. Congrats to the podium, strong drive from all.

In other news, i noticed a bit of lag around tonight. On my screen a couple of cars at various points would jump around a little bit, but probably not enough for it to be a concern. Just wondering if anyone else experienced any lag tonight?
    Anthonyb likes this.
  18. Mick

Mick Rookie

PSN ID
    mwkw1520
    Yeah i had a little bit of lag
  19. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    Qualifying went poorly as I knew I could do 24.3s, my start followed the same with a poor take off and putting myself on the outside line and tapping @fezza up the back through the first corner, so I waited to make sure he was in front which got me to 10th position. From there got my head down and made my way back up. A big sorry to @Nathancarhead for running up the back of you very very hard out of the 3rd last corner, not sure what happened there. After that i just keep rotating, caught up to @Anthonyb only to drive silly giving back some gap. Got lucky when he spun on the last corner and his pit woes allowed me to pit and come out around a 7s lead. Managed to not screw up and take the win.

Volume warning on the video.

20. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I noticed a bit of lag in practice but quali and race was ok.