Season 5 - Division 4.

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I'm pretty happy with my first race, hopefully I can improve my skills and will be aiming for a podium (too soon ?)
  2. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Cheers mate I'll remember that for next race.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  3. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I have only been racing (and playing the ps4) since round 2 of last season and I know exactly what you mean about being nervous. It's not a nervous about doing well more one of not wanting to wreck anyone's race other than your own. I'm pleased you enjoyed it the only problem is how addictive this is.
    SPL Racing, Bounty05 and George like this.
  4. Mick

Mick Rookie

PSN ID
    mwkw1520
    Last nights race was good i got held up in qualifying so could only get 5th fastest,I was lucky at the start of the race with other drivers spinning and running wide i managed to leed the first couple laps.After i came out of the pits I managed to keep it on the black stuff and with only a few minor mistakes I was running second.Anthbark pitted giving me the leed back and I managed to hold Anthbark of to take the win.I had a heap of fun guys,great racing.
  5. Anthonyb

Thanks mick you drove a great race I tried to ull a gap on you when you pitted but I just couldn't get away I noticed we were slowly pully away on 3rd place so I stayed out trying make a good gap after pitting I pulled you back in and tried to force a mistake only to make one myself great fun thanks and congrats again on the win
  6. Mick

Mick Rookie

PSN ID
    mwkw1520
    yeah it was good fun and thanks man.
  7. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    Unfortunately and at the same time fortunately thats why we have div 4 so we can learn these things about having some pressure but maintaining it on the black stuff. I have been thinking thats the whole reason why I have been dropped back to compose myself (hopefully thats the reason) and learn these things. You have been doing great so far and I do hope you keep form. Keep it up mate :D
    Anthonyb and Mick like this.
  8. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Thats my problem i can put down some consistent laps in practice, when it comes time to race I'm all over the shop.
    Anthonyb and George like this.
  9. Anthonyb

It will be a interesting race this week with @Nathancarhead back he will be in the mix then throw in the reverse grid with the pace of everyone last week at green hell should be really interesting can't wait. Will try to get on tonight for a bit of a look at the track if you are on send me a message.
    Ant
  10. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Yeah, should be interesting. Not expecting to be anywhere near the front this week (maybe in the second race). Haven't touched PCARS since LeMans, so not expecting to have all that much pace. Just hoping we have some great racing this weekend
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys, Sprint round this week, so please take 5 mins to read the following to be up on the procedures for this event. PARTICULARLY THE REVERSE GRID SET UP ! ;););)

[​IMG]
    Weather Slots
    1. Clear
    2. Light cloud

Time Progression : Real
    COMPULSORY PIT STOP : OFF FOR THE SPRINT ROUND
    Qual : 10 mins
    5 MIN WARM UP for any last minute issues or DSC
    PENALTIES :
    ON
    TIRES : SOFT SLICK (default)
    DAMAGE : Visual only
    REVERSE GRID PROCEDURE :
    - Race 1 will be 13 laps, room captains are to record results.
    -
    Race 2 Will be 14 laps, Lap 1 used as a formation lap. The room host will start race 2 as normal, and drivers will STOP BEFORE TURN 2 (Montreal) and grid up in reverse order from race 1.
    - Once the room host / captains are happy that everyone is in correct order, drivers will then set off from turn 2 at 80klms, remaining in single file. The lead driver DOES NOT start until all drivers are in correct order.
    - Drivers may swerve to try to get some heat back into tires, but remain within 3 car lengths.
    - From Turn 10 all drivers must be 1 car length apart (no swerving from turn 10) , and the LEAD car must be at 60klms through Turn 11, with the race going green from Turn 12. DRIVERS MUST NOT PASS ANY CAR BEFORE TURN 12. This should ensure a clean run for everyone.
    - There have been questions as to the procedure regarding drivers who DNF race 1, or are DSC.... To stop any confusion here, we will say 'if you DNF or DSC from race 1, you MUST start from rear of grid for race 2." The room captains will have to decide in what order those drivers will line up based on the individual circumstances, and their decision will be final.
    [​IMG]

PENALTIES :
    ON
    TRACK LIMITS : There is nowhere here to cut and gain an advantage. The track is quite technical, with all ripple strips having grass on the outside. Please use the standard ROOZ rules, 2 wheels must be on the ripple strip or white lines at all times.
    DRIVING STANDARDS : This is probably the most technical track we have used for a sprint round. Be patient and remember it's better to give up a spot and continue the fight, than make contact defending, have it all turn pear shaped, and have to fight your way back after avoidable contact. A reminder that side to side contact will more often than not, result in the magnetic effect, so ALL drivers need to give reasonable room to someone making a clean and reasonable pass.
    CONTACT : There is a high chance of push penalties this round at turns 2, 4 and through 8 / 9. If you push someone into a penalty or offline for your advantage, you will be expected to redress, and give the position back. Again, use your heads and give room where needed......the track is relatively low grip, so if you miss a brake marker you will run on......Don't use other cars as a brake ! If you are mid /back of the pack, remember to brake earlier to avoid contact.
    RETURNING TO TRACK : If you do happen to go off track, please use your heads when returning. Stay offline until you are back up to race speed so you don't compromise other drivers.
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : N/A for this round
    BLUE FLAGS : A reminder that if you are about to be lapped, its is good racing etiquette to move to the side where possible to let the leaders through.
    MICS : Please remember to mute your mic during the race, unless you are in a chat room and its agreed by all you can keep them on.
    PROTESTS : As always, if you feel you have reason to protest, save your replay, and then contact the room captains and the mod team, Myself or AD2MNY.....DO NOT blow up in the chat room, or on the forum.
    RAGE QUITTING : A reminder that if you rage quit the room, you will receive 0 points, not be able to use it as your drop round and it wont count as a round of your 4 needed to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize. If you have to stop, park up in the pits and let the race run down without leaving so it doesn't glitch the other drivers or replay.
    SWERVING : A reminder that swerving to try to stop another driver gaining the draft is NOT permitted. You may change your line once, and that's it. ;)

Anything i have missed let me know
    Stu
    Nathancarhead and Anthonyb like this.
  12. Anthonyb

@stucar17 should it be not pass until the start finish line or just after turn 12
  13. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    In the past its been green flag as soon as the leader puts their foot down exiting the final turn, but I'll let @stucar17 confirm that
    Anthonyb likes this.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    being a single file corner at 12, (unless someone makes an absolute cluster &^%#^% of it) i cant see how anyone can be past before the start finish line anyway....last night at race pace with cob, the draft advantage was almost nil along the front straight, so i dont expect anyone will be able to get along side before the start finish line.
    Anthonyb and Nathancarhead like this.
  15. Anthonyb

So if the opportunity is there as long as you are out of turn 12 you can pass before start finish line.
    Maybe I will be leading the pack and won't have to worry about passing anyone.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    correct.....as i said though, would have to make a complete arse of it be be passed by start finish line
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  18. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Can someone please post up the times. You can pm me if you want to email me them
  19. Anthonyb

Didn't dev1lman post them earlier
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    jasondull1986 likes this.