Season 7 Car and regulation info

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey guys, managed to get service, can see that the qualy set up has some issues that may need to be resolved. All fair points nuggett, the rule originally was to make it easier for the host / captain so they didn't have to check what everyone qualied and started on given the majority voted for the 2 tire option. Was much easier with 1 tire!!

The other option i suppose is to keep qual to 10 mins, set a time on whatever ( all will set on softs anyway) and if you want to start on mediums then you have to change before race start. At least that lets guys a change strategy on the fly if they don't have pace , and also takes away the need for the captain to have to check everyone.

At the end of the day we need to make a decision ASAP so everyone is on the same page. Respond here so we can get a consensus, and we will confirm tomorrow night when I get home and can access the forum properly.

Stu
  2. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    I think that sounds better makes it easier for the hosts so they don't have to keep checking & can get a qualifying lap in them selves
  3. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I'm fine with it Stu.
  4. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Do you mean exit the track and change tyres? Cause I could see problems say if someone sets a pole time on softs then drove into the pits and changed to mediums. They would hold up everyone behind on softs giving them an adavantage, also if one person managed to get past the pole sitter it would given them a break as they could pull away while everyone else trying to get past.

Personally im happy with pits closed if you arnt happy with your time you can exit and reenter the track and start on fresh rubber.

For me I think qual only needs to be 5 or so mins. You get an out lap then one flying which you should treat as a banker, then one more flying lap to see if you can beat that time. On short tracks lap 3 seems to be the sweet spot for tyre grip/warmth after the 3rd lap they start going off abit.

Either way im easy though.
  5. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    I vote for the option to qually on softs and start on mediums, it will take away the ability to cheat.
  6. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I like that idea Cyber. It would make it feel more like a real race where you can do your qualifying lap on super soft tyres but then start on a different compound depending on your pit strategy :) Unfortunately the game doesn't have a qualify tyre so is sort of moot. But... it would definitely make it interesting for the front runners, not so much for us back markers though :lol:
  7. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I wanna see you set a qualifying time in 5 mins at the 'ring tek!

I think the idea is for everyone to finish their qualifying before anyone can change tyres tek, so holding up others wouldn't be an issue.
  8. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
    im with you Tek.
    i dont like the idea of someone starting on the first couple of rows with mediums. i recon leave it the way it is. start on when you quali on, closed pits and 5 mins.
  9. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

A short qualifying time allocation could make it easy for people to interfere in others flying laps. I know my fastest are not the first laps.
  10. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    I do actually like cybers idea as it would take away the stress of having to police anyone.
  11. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Well obviously you base it on track lap times, place like the ring ud have only one qual lap thats it.
    Anons DTM series was one hot lap qual and I thought it worked quite well.

But this is a democracy and ive just put my view forward, which i rarley do I might add. So i vote pits stay closed. Qual can stay at 10 mins I guess in cause anyone gets burned by traffic say, but it will be like deal or no deal if u leave the track u lose your current time. :p

We go with what the majority anyway, if its close mods can decide.

/Ive had a couple but thats my 2 cents :D

Put up a vote pits closed or open during qual.

Only ppl outside the top 10 can do that in F1, Im pretty sure the rest have to start on the compound they qualified on.

Not sure about v8 and other race series only really watch F1 nowdays.
  12. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

They obviously have pace to be able to out qualify someone with softs. They shouldn't be a problem. The 2 compounds are only a couple of seconds a lap different.
  13. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Btw the way wanted to say sorry to ya M1K for that spin in front of during that practice race, it fully held you up. If it was the real deal i would stop and readress that, because it was a prac race I thought lets just go.
    /cheers.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok, based on the above posts I think that any way we do the 2 tire option there is pros and cons.

Anons series works really well with one flying lap, you had to decide what tire you would start on before qualy and in the wash up it gave us some great racing with guys on different strategies. The only difference here is that we get more than 1 lap to set a time. IMO If a guy on mediums can plant it up the grid ahead of guys on softs then full credit to him and bad luck to those behind. Also if you can't set a time in 3,4 or 5 laps then im not sure you will do it after pitting and trying again!!

SO, i think pit lane should remain CLOSED for qualifying as per the current regulations, with drivers starting the race on the tires they qualify on. This will be an honor system where drivers will park at the side of the track once they feel that they can't better their time.( Like anons series) i dont want the captain to have worry about policing it when they have every right to be concentrating on the race, not if someone is in the pits. Also with up to 13 guys on track it will be pretty obvious if someone goes to pit lane when they shouldn't.

Soft runners will get about 2 or 3 fast laps in about 5 mins, while the medium runners will get about 4 or 5. As for getting clear track, any race series in the world has this issue so i think it's a case of trying to be aware of what's happening around you, particularly if your slow with dead tires, or recovering from a mistake. It's also your responsibility to find a gap in traffic to try to get a lap. In ten mins the medium runners could leave their run a little later to clear the soft runners from the track.

If after round 1 the system doesn't work we can revisit it, but realistically there are possible issues with any direction we go. I trust all the guys to run with an honor system and not enter the pits out of respect for fellow drivers, division captains and more importantly the league in general.

Given I have had too many beers I may be way off the mark, but with only 2 days till round 1 I think this is the best way to go and see how it runs.

Cheers stu.
  15. PureGT_Muzz

PureGT_Muzz Murray

My 2 cents.

In every series I've participated in with tyre choices you start the race on the tyres you qualy on.

It is a fair tactic to qualy on slower tyres if you think you are fast enough to do so. By q'ing on slower tyres and making the 1st row you can stop those starting on faster tyres getting away on you.

It is a risk trying it as you could easily end up at the back of the grid and start on mediums. Who dares, wins!

I vote closed pit.

Another point;

At Deep Forrest it is not hard to lose it on the final turn and spin your car into the pit entrance. If anyone is seen in the pits they should not be condemed out of hand.
  16. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
    Miki you must of mis read.... an earlier post was saying that you choose your tyre after you have qualified. if you get pole or a front row spot from a quick lap on mediums then good on you. but i was talking about doing quali on softs then starting the race on mediums
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Very good point Muzz, how do we manage that scanario ???? !!!!!!

I think that IF someone spins into pit lane, they should hold their spot in the pits if they have set a time previously. harsh i know but with the time and tire limit chances are it is more likely to happen after the tires are past their best anyway......If it happens before a time is sent the captain should be messaged and then he can confirm its ok to set a time if one hasnt been set already....

Reality is that on new tires you generally dont spin there unless you get really out of shape.....Its another one of those problems that comes up with the 2 tire option.........(it will only happen here though...)

The only other way to go, having thought about it overnight and today, is for EVERYONE to qualify on the softs, keep pit lane open for the 10 minutes so you can have a second crack if you want, (no-one will be faster on the meds anyway) everyone starts on the softs but must run at least 1 stint on the mediums at some stage......it does solve a lot of problems but is probably a little close to season start to change it all now....
  18. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

We definitely need to determine this before tomorrow..
  19. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Yea prob to late just keep pits closed for qual this race and see how it goes imo, qual can still stay at 10 mins so if someone spins into the pits or gets held in traffic they can leave and rejoin the track to set a lap.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Agree tek, I'm sick of thinking about it. Pits closed, park on side of track once tires gone, start race on the tire you qually on. Will address any issues for round 2 if they come up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.