Season 7 Car and regulation info

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    There have been a few queries about the car and also the tire model for this season.

Thought it would be easier to have it all here, so if you have any questions throw them at me !! (someone will know the answer!!)

Car. CHEVROLET CAMARO SS 2010. Buy it from the new car dealership and It will look like this....

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/2381/circuitodemadrid8.jpg

Then take it to GT Auto and select Race mod option. Your car will come out looking like this

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv139/panavia/GT5 Race Mods/CamaroSS_1.jpg

Now, you can only change the PAINT COLOR on the BODY and WHEELS, change the RACE NUMBER to the one you want (one of the small icons in the bottom of the car screen in the garage) , and the BRAKE BIAS in the set up screen in the race lobby. The race lobbies will be set to "TUNING PROHIBITED" so if you try to go to track in the race lobby and you cant, it means you have made a change somewhere that prohibits you from entering. You cant change ANYTHING else, gears, aero, suspension,.......nothing. Every car will be the same except for Bias and color

WHEELS CAN BE CHANGED, BUT YOU WILL THEN NEED TO CHANGE YOUR GEAR RATIOS BACK TO DEFAULT TO GET TO TRACK. For some reason when you change them over the gear ratios automatically change themselves away from stock. Default them and you will be right to go.

I have found that some of these cars that were purchased before the last major update are not permitted to enter the track, I couldn't work out why so i would suggest you buy a new one for the season. You will need to run it in (about 500klms will do, throw it in a b-spec enduro one night) then change the oil and it will give you an extra 20 Hp (approx). once you hit the limit of HP it will drop again after a few races so i would recommend you change it before every race.

Please inform of your color and race number in your divisional thread

TIRE REGULATIONS

The tires for the series are to be RACE SOFT and RACE MEDIUM. NO MIXING OF COMPOUNDS IS PERMITTED. You will need to buy them before the first race.

You need to run both compounds during the race. If you dont run both compounds YOU WILL BE PENALIZED in the form of a time penalty added to your overall race time of 1 MINUTE.

There are NO MINIMUM LAPS for either compound. if you want to run 1 lap on the softs its up to you, so long as you run both compounds at some stage.

The tire you qualify on is the tire you must start the race on. IE, if you qually on meds you must start the race on meds, it is then up to you when to go to the soft tires. Run fast at the start on softs and defend towards the end of the race, or start on mediums and finish strong on the faster tire.....

The race distances are set so that you should probably only have to do 2 pit stops and it is up to you what order you use your tires. I would imagine that most people will run 2 stints on the mediums and one stint on the softs, but coming up with a strategy that works for you is the key.

QUALIFYING. Pit lane will be CLOSED for the 10 minute qualifying period. This is to stop anyone getting a false grid position by setting a faster time on the softs, then 'accidentally' changing to the Mediums and disadvantaging the drivers behind. Know your strategy before qualifying starts and stick with it. If your tires are worn and qualifying is done for you find a spot on the track away from the racing line and wait till race start.

cheers
    Stu

THE REGULATIONS ABOVE ARE ADDITIONAL TO GTLOZ STANDARD RULES & REGS WHICH STILL APPLY:
    Please ensure that you are also familiar with GTLOZ Racing Rules & Regulations and Lounge Settings & Procedures. Particularly Newcomers and captains ;)
  2. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    So what is the actual maximum horsepower of the Camaro? I don't even know what it runs without being run in yet so I've no idea.

I just wanted to mention also, if the penalty for not running a particular compound is a time penalty, I recommend you make it more than the time it would take for an extra pitstop, otherwise I can see paople working out that it would be quicker to run softs for an entire race as they can make more than a pitstop's worth of time over the car behind, meaning they could take a penalty and still come out on top, if you get what I mean, an offense such as not abiding by the reg's should cost the offender a position/points, etc, don't get me wrong, a time penalty is the perfect way to go about it, we just need to make sure it actually has an effect on the race outcome.
  3. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    I think the penalty should be set before the season starts so there is no riff raff like last season
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Agree carn, will have to nut it out in the next day or 2 before the season starts.......a pit stop is generally in the order of ABOUT 30 secs by the time you enter, get serviced and leave pit lane. The softs were about 2 seconds per lap faster than the mediums, so over 8 laps that about 16 seconds faster than the meds.

I would imaging that a time penalty of 50 seconds would be sufficient, given that even if you get the softs to last 10 laps you will still have to pit 3 times which will about 30 seconds because of the extra stop over everyone else....

To be safe that there is no chance of gaining an advantage we could just add 1 min to the race time of the driver. It would keep it simple for the captains. Probably a bit excessive for the sprint round but those races will see just 1 stop so its pretty easy for everyone to run 1 stint on each tire.

We need to keep it as simple as possible for the captains in div 1 and 3....i am ok to check in div 2. It shouldnt take much time, just note who starts on what tire and fast forward the replay to check each car after the first and second stops.

@ Snake, will get that HP figure up tonight after i check, i am having a seniors moment !!! unless someone else can check in the meantime

Thanks stu
  5. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Would it be fairer to set an in-game hp limit, but lower than what the absolute maximum is after full run-in/oil change etc.?

That way at least we know we're all running at the same hp.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    the max horsepower should be ok, if everyone does an oil change after each race it generally doesnt lose power till about 2 and a half races.....

I will put up the power details tonight
  7. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    If you do the engine rebuild it doesn't loose power after run in period
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773

Really, didnt know that......thanks Cyber
  9. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    if there are people petty enough it should be an instant suspension for 1 round or an immediate DSQ
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Umm, probably a little harsh Enforcer.......I highly doubt anyone would do it intentionally.

Lets just hope that some peoples driving doesn't require the mods to get involved !!! ;)
  11. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Well said Stu,

as for the time penalty for the double stint on one set of tyres or not running a all the required tyres,

i would have to agree with snake on this one here ( DRIVE THROUGH PENALTY ) fits the crime well, IMO

as different tracks take diferent times to go through the pits.. and besides people should know what they have and haven't run (tyres) no excusses!!!!!
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah aussie, all fair points, but we want to keep it all as simple as possible for the captains and the mods.

Any penalty will be based on running the soft tyre only, as thats the faster tire by "about" 2 secs per lap.

Rather than having to go through each tracks pit lane and work out times for a drive through (any penalty will be after race finish) we feel that a 1 minute penalty will do the job. On some tracks it may be a little harsh, on others it may be a little light so it will work out in the wash.

that said, i am not expecting any issues, its a pretty simple tire model.

Set your qualy lap on the tire you want to start the race on, and run both the compounds at some stage in the race.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    You can double stint tires Aussie, so long as you run both compounds at some stage in the race, might do 3 stints on softs back to back, then the last stint on the meds....
  14. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  15. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    So what was the final verdict on changing wheels Stu?

I saw in the shoutbox you thought it might have been possible but were going to test again to be sure?
  16. stevisa

stevisa New Recruit

when does this start?
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    This sunday mate. if you want to get in will have be very quick
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK Guys,

I have edited the regulations above to confirm the following.

1. Wheels. YES they can be changed, but you will need to adjust your gear ratios BACK TO STOCK to get to track on race night. I double checked last night, and all cars will remain the same spec once the transmission is converted back to default.

2. You are not permitted to run a mix of tires. IE, race soft and race Medium must be run front and back at the same time.

3. During Qualifying, the pit lane will be closed. You will need to make a decision on what tire you want to start the race on before you leave pit lane. Each division captain will confirm with the division before race start of how this is to be policed.
  19. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Good stuff Stu, keen as now, too bad I won't be able to use the colour my current wheels are again, I quite liked it, can I request a refund? :p
  20. stevisa

stevisa New Recruit

im in, what are the finer detail i need to know? like time of race, how many races and what tracks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.