Season 12 - Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Half-Byte

Half-Byte Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
    Lol do you actually want to hurt yourself :p
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    who knows... maybe it will improve my driving
    Half-Byte likes this.
  3. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    you so funny Hat. Div 3. Hahahahahahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    JonoStan96 and emmo46 like this.
  4. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    And yes, I will most likely be missing final round as I will be in a plane coming home from the F1's.
  5. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Given that its such a long race i am going to do everything i can to be in the room and ready by 5 past 8. love to see you's all there early to sort out any glitches before qually
    POPPINFRESH1234 and StigsTC like this.
  6. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I have some protests.
    I don't know why i keep turning up TBH
  7. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Sorry for bailing everyone, had some issues crop up that required immediate attention.
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I am assuming our touch at turn two is probably one of them. My view of it is that I had the line through that corner and I did attempt to leave you room but with my narrow entry it was almost impossible to stay completely left without almost stopping. I don't believe I have to just roll over and let people pass. I am really sorry it ended the way it did though. It was always a big risk to try and pass around the outside of that corner.
    JonoStan96 and Half-Byte like this.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I draw the following to the attention of some of my fellow competitors who seem to have not read it ever or have interpreted it in a completely different way.
    BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those around you. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    cola1001 and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    That's one of them for sure. I won't comment on it here. i'll leave it to the stewards
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'll be defending it vigorously.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Mixed feelings about last night. I qualified 2nd which was the best I could have expected with Poppin on pole. I then missed the start a little and that allowed Cola and half-byte to come up on each side of me at the first corner. I decided it was wiser to let them have the corner and see what happened after that, it is a long race after all. I settled into 4h place and managed to hold off an attempted pass by Moon. At the start of lap 4 Incey slipstreamed up beside me on the outside of turn 1. I had the inside line but missed the apex a little and was wide on the exit which put me on a narrow line for the entry to turn 2. Incey crossed across the back of me and attempted to pass me around the outside of turn two but there wasn't enough room and we touched and he went off track unfortunately. I was doing a two stop race and I believe everyone else did three stoppers. It was all going Ok until my final stint. Poppin of course was already way ahead despite stopping once more than me and in a race all of his own. For the strategy to work I had to conserve my tyres and maintain the cushion that my one less pit stop had given me over Incey and moon. It was all looking to be going to plan until I came across a couple of fiercely battling back markers and had to try and lap them. Their refusal to let me by held me up for about 4 laps, it also took more out of my tyres than planned so that I only just managed to come home ahead of Moon who was really flying home with full sails at the end.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Provisional results
    1. POPPINFRESH1234........1:32:53.501
    2. emmo46...........................1:33:36.446
    3. bluemoon.........................1:33:39.204
    4. incey................................1:33:41.143
    5. Half Byte..........................1:34:05.046
    6. Cola1001.........................1:34:24.492
    7. WOLFFYDADDY007.......1:35:18.986
    8. anne................................1:35:26.915
    9. Arnold Watson.................1:35:40.061
    10. disturboed......................DNF
  14. Half-Byte

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
    "Continue the fight with those around you" Watched the replay and there was pretty rough stuff from the leaders when the cars being lapped are only fighting their race.
  15. Half-Byte

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
    Also if what happened at the beginning of the drag on lap 17 was a problem Incey I have the same feelings as emmo because I had no room and you forced the issue.

No further comment here protest if you wish leave to the stewards.
  16. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    So according to your interpretation of the rules this allows drivers like you to knock people off the track. The rules state there is no contact under any circumstances and yet not only did you contact multiple times during laps 55 and 56against Arnold and me in sharp corners where overtaking should not be attempted. I viewed your tyres you only pitted twice, we had just pitted and our tyres were much fresher this is why you couldn't overtake us you didn't have the skills. So you used the only tactics you know barging through when someone's vulnerable. This was rampant when I joined ROOZ and now these rules are cleaning this sort of driving up. And yes you can take this as my formal protest to the stewards.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    So that is your response.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'd like you to point out to me in that regulation where it says if you have just been lapped that you can then just divebomb crash past the lapping car again at the next corner when the lapping car is being held up by the other stubborn person being lapped?
  19. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    emmo could you also list the number of pitstops completed by each driver over the race?
    Trying to see who used what strategies and how effective they were. Cheers!
  20. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    the pitstop strategy struggles to shine through in a race like that. poppin did the 3 stop on the same laps as me and moon. so that was possies 1, 3, 4 on the same strategy that i know of.
    StigsTC likes this.