ASSETTO CORSA Season 10: Ahh, Porsche It! (Get up on this...911)

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Feb 1, 2017.

1. AaronSutton

AaronSutton Rookie

Check this out, computer simulation on the most optimal line for Mugello in a Porsche 911 GT3 RS
    https://www.raceoptimal.com/Mugello

I haven't been following these lines at all, been hugging the 1st corner on the chicanes to get a better exit on the 2nd corner of the chicane. But seems its better to accelerate out to mid track to maintain a higher average speed
    Rolz and Spidey_11 like this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

[​IMG]

I wouldn't put much into this simulation, the simulated lap time is 2:03.6. T1 your giving up speed going that tight on exit as you can easily go fairly wide then back to the right for a good entry to t2 carrying much more speed.

T3 I would need to check my line from overhead, I think I would be about mid track on exit for t4 but the line at t3 is purely a setup to get the best exit possible for t4. The one in the video doesn't look ideal to me but you still aren't going to fully hug the left side at 3 you need to find the balance for overall lap speed.

T6 entry is a bit too tight also as you would need to slow much more entering it from the left side of the track like this.

T10 again is too wide an exit not giving much room for t11.

T12 and 14 are much like my lines keeping those tight but there are other ways around both which can get pretty much the same end result.

I really doubt this simulation is very good, maybe if you want its target time of more then 10 seconds off the pace its the way to go but those chicane lines aren't going to help you go faster or even stay on the road.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  3. AaronSutton

AaronSutton Rookie

Thanks for the insight Marty.

I'm hitting 1:51:9's and cannot find where i'm loosing time apart from trying to brake later. But I know braking earlier isn't costing me 1.5-1.8 seconds. I'd blame my setup, but setup doesn't affect times that drastically!

I'll need to focus on balancing track-out on the chicanes but if you reckon your mid-track i'll try that instead of hugging t3 so hard.

You running any telemetry for MOTEC analysis?
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I'm not that technical, I just setup the car by feel and simply try to keep the car hitting apexes and aim for clean exits minimizing errors then push a little harder in some sections I can see the risk is worth the gains. I keep an eye on the Delta to see where time is lost or can be gained, then try to run with others to get some hints of where I may be losing time relative to them.

Setup wise for this week I made one running some laps in the practice server, then Cherno and I ran some laps with each others setups. I felt some things better in his some better in mine and made a few small changes based off what he had and made the car a bit nicer here for me.

This was before I joined the league and got a team, I think he is know the opposition :mad::D but still setups need to be tweaked to your own style so just getting someone else's wont always find the time you may think.
    Spidey_11, Cherno and krunch like this.
  5. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

good to see u back online Marty :thumbsup:
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Good to see you too Rolz, Ive been on winter holidays for a bit even though its summer. :D I see a few familiar names in the entry list so will be good to see a few I haven't raced in a while on track again.
    Rolz likes this.
  7. Doublevision

Doublevision Rookie

Hey guys, sorry I won't be on tonight.
  8. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Updated...
  10. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Epic racing again tonight. WD @R0T0R-AU86 just drove away with it. Epic battles again with @marty right to the finish despite a different pit strat. Thought I had a shot on fresher rubber but a few tenths lost for mistakes or caution around backmarkers were so hard gained. Drove my heart out and couldn't get a look in gr8 drive m8. Cheers all on the blue flag got through pretty smooth. WD @Anon666 I had to keep an eye on your ever closer lurkings. Super stoked with my pace and result carrying 45kg. Feeling robbed of FL though! :p

Super close in the teams champs..... mostly :confused: WD TTB turning a slow start around. :thumbsup:
    http://raceonoz.com/page.php?view=RaceResults#Assetto Corsa
    http://raceonoz.com/page.php?view=Ladder
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Cherno, Spidey_11 and marty like this.
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks guys for the race was good fun, I kind of got lucky to end up second after a pretty messy first stint. My first race in AC with 30 cars and I turned some settings down, fps were fine but some odd stutters in sections made me make more errors then I have in all the practice laps so far lol. This made it pretty hard to hang on to Rotor who was flying even with a bit of ballast, he had a bit of a gap after I ran wide early, I pushed on as hard as I could to only get back .4 in about 7 good laps followed by another silly driving error and then he was long gone.

I planned to stop lap 15 but had a half spin last turn lap 11 snagging the rear brake on entry, I was going so slow on exit that I figured Id lose less time pitting. Came out in a bit of traffic which cost some time but a few laps later was surprised to be just ahead of Koaster after his stop. I luckily ran the second stint much cleaner and pushed on as hard as possible, with a few laps older tyres I didnt want him within attack range and managed to just put in enough good laps stay just ahead to the finish.

Good stuff all round with the traffic, no issues getting through them especially with Koaster all over me they did well to let us keep on battling.

Edit: just adding in a short video of the race start, nice to see 30 cars on the grid.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Anon666, ed40t, c4rLo5 and 7 others like this.
  12. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

WOW!!! i have never seen so many cars down a lap, only 13 cars on the lead lap out of 30, that must have been a fast pace set my Rotor congrates on the win mate. I had a shocker of a start into to turn 1 i was facing backwards from locking up the brakes. a coming together through the fast chicane on the back straight with Tovey ended his night on lap 5. I did manage my fastest lap ever a 1m56.56s other wise was pretty uneventful a few more offs as i was giving way to the leaders than i would have liked, trying to keep out of the way i seem to make more mistakes and then spining out on that right left down the hill i was sure i would end some ones elses race, but all good.
    krunch and Spidey_11 like this.
  13. Rolz

Certainly not my best effort, but was tough to get practice in last week. :(
    I did struggle with 30kgs ballast on practice and just one night on my designated 15kgs to test on when an admin dropped me down.
    Mad dash 7-10laps races I'm ok on, just longer ones I loose focus and stuff up... this will improve over time, I know I can do it just not consistently.
    Qual I couldn't get a clean lap in, but more my fault than anyone else.:confused:
    Race was a nightmare, stuffed start and dropped at least 4 places then on laps 4 or 5 I spun, put in on the grass but was lucky not to damage anything, had to put it into reverse to get out and was tempted to rage quit... :mad: but decided to just get used to pack driving from the back in such a big field... anyway I think I was all the way down to 24th at one stage so to finish up back around 13th made the night worthwhile... :x3:
    Great battle with a few of the drivers in the back, Pete C we had some top battles there! :thumbsup:
    Bring on Imola! :D
    krunch, stucar17, Pete and 4 others like this.
  14. Seanus

Seanus New Recruit

I wouldn't trust those results as I for one completed all 24 laps.
  15. Mael

Mael Professional

But were you lapped or not? The results should be taken as when you crossed the line after the leader finished. Even if the game allows you to complete another lap it would not be recorded in the results.
    Rolz likes this.
  16. bencrow-

bencrow- Rookie

PSN ID
    bencrow-
    I know that I hadn't been lapped and yet it says I finished a lap behind
  17. Rolz

But did you actually finish? I know I got to T1 before I got put to pits after finishing... usually i get to go around a lot further, but i was quite i bit behind the winner.
  18. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Race highlights from spidey cam for round 5 - Mugello
  19. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hmmm. I was wondering that. I accidentally quit out of the room before you guys finished. This game needs the "Are you sure?" after you hit exit. Done it so many times. Results should be good, just finishing times not right. Apologies...
  20. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Dirt track you say? Had Spita, I think, spear off earlier in that lap. Then I'm grabbing my phone for a sneaky check for msgs and see you off signing the wall. Will be checking my b.o. before next race!?!
    Spidey_11 likes this.