ASSETTO CORSA Season 10: Ahh, Porsche It! (Get up on this...911)

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Feb 1, 2017.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Im running around 26 hot all round after 3 or so laps where it stabilizes, the left front stays cool and the front right does at first cool down but after a few laps it builds temp and stays there. With not many right hand turns here getting the front left to temp wont really happen no matter what you do with it.

The tyres even with tyre warmers on will cool a little early but you will build temp in the right front after a lap or 2 while the left front will always stay cold due to much less load.
    Anon666 likes this.
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Shocker night for me.

Had some good practise pace but fumbled quali 1. Starting in 8th got a good start and early on was up into 5th going strong until came up behind Raptor recovering from coming unstuck through the first chicane, I over estimated how quickly he'd be back on the throttle and tapped him in the bum sending him onto the grass... so sorry about that I was committed to the throttle on corner exit. So slowing after the hairpin to give the possie back I found myself mid pack.

Quali 2 was a bit better snagged 5th and was hoping to challenge the podium knowing I had the potential to gain some distance off the start... a little too eagre to makeup for race 1 I overanticipated the green... must have been a 100th in it as I saw the green before I teleported to pits. So punishing in sprint rounds. Ah well Cherno was there for company and had a great tussle with Cyber mid race.

Upshot is less ballast for next week.
    Downside, had the pace for a top 5 finish, and a 6th woulda netted same ballast for next week. And already spent my drop round (thanks Telstra).

Well done the rest of TTB this week contributing all the points for the team especially Raptor leading the way despite the race 1 incident. Gratz Marty, Shaun and Ed on the podium.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    ed40t, c4rLo5 and Cherno like this.
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Championship looking very interesting going into the final round.
    [​IMG]
    Anon666, Peter Wise, Cherno and 2 others like this.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Bad luck mate, regarding false starts maybe having the penalty as a drive through is a little less harsh then send to pit. Overall time lost probably would be less as you also get held in pits for a time penalty. Immersion wise I think the drive through also works better then the magic spawn to pit. If you have a jump start like this bloke you could probably even call it a net gain. :D

8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea that time penalty is killer. We ended up dead last by 20s or so. A very costly flinch! Drive through would be nicer as you said.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  9. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

On board from @David Brister during race :p sry about the bum tap in the chicken
    Anon666 and David Brister like this.
  10. AaronSutton

AaronSutton Rookie

Man did I find Imola difficult.

It has some very difficult braking zones to get right, in particular the 2 down-hill braking zones and I find any track where you need to ride the curbing on chicanes very difficult to get right consistently. Normally I run with ABS completely turned off, but during practice I just found I was consistently running into the sand due to locking the brakes and was forced to turn it on for the race. Shame, cause I find threshold braking one of the most enjoyable parts of putting together a clean lap.

Very much enjoyed watching Krunch & DoubleVision battling from basically lap 2 to the finish. I was hovering around 1-2 seconds behind you and encouraged me to drive faster! Cheers guys
    Anon666 likes this.
  11. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Mixed results again for me... o_O

Q1 - was pretty stoked with my qual time, was struggling all week to get any good pace here, as Aaron said, being consistent when bouncing off curbs is very tough for me. Only 0.3 off my PB so was stoked to get top 10 for Qual. :D
    R1 - all came crashing down, I came off pretty badly on some rubbing and dropped to 20th, I think poor Terry did worse dropping to 23... was it between us that we came unstuck? If I was the cause then I'm sorry... :( Wanted to rage quit again, but I'm learning to contain my temper... Ended up having great battles with the guys, ended up pretty stoked again with 13th. :cool:

Q2 - 0.2 off my PB to put me in 7th to start, I was back to beaming that I had potential for redemption :)
    R2 - Seeing the 2 guys disappear right in front of me on green (I saw green and then they went "poof") tripped me out for a bit... My best racing on a very unforgiving track. 0.1 off my PB and certainly know I can smash my PB given enough practice. Great racing between the guys in front and Terry breathing down my neck for most of R2, was good fun! Really happy with 5th to finish the night here...

This track really shows me I still have a way to go to learning how to sim race and match the quicker guys, but I'm not hating Imola like I used to. :D

Also that's it for me this season, I can't make the last race... I'm pretty gutted about it, but being a beach bum for a week will ease that pain. Hopefully one of you will stream it so I can at least watch the action.

Thanks to all for a top season! I have really enjoyed the Porsche cup car, beyond epically stoked to get a race win in such a quality field. Can't wait to get stuck into Season 11

Thanks to QC. for top marks on being server admin, great work! :thumbsup:
    Thanks to KoAStR for the raceresults and graphing
    Thanks to Anon for the most entertaining race commentary... certainly lightened my mood :roflmao:
    Shout out to TurleBeach team - bring home the trophy!! :sneaky:
    Spidey_11, Anon666, marty and 3 others like this.
  12. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

Any chance next season the points scoring go just that bit further down to maybe 30th?? i look at the over all tally and have zero points, although i earnt my 1st point in Race 2 at imola but was placed 25th for the round so zero points again. I wouldnt mind earning a point a round at least for some effort, there are guys above me on the table with zero points as well but have missed 2-3 races, its nothing against them, just throwing a suggest out there please to the race officials.
    Spidey_11, stucar17, Anon666 and 2 others like this.
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea sure mate didn't put the effort into a new points structure this season just recycled an old one being unsure how the big grid and attendance would go...

Definitely will look at a new points structure next season.

Probably look at spreading ballast a bit further down the field too. Maybe something like:

35kg 1st
    30kg 2nd
    25kg 3rd
    20kg 4th
    15kg 5th
    12kg 6th
    9kg 7th
    6kg 8th
    3kg 9th.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

My race summary, turned out pretty good this round with a round win and gives me some more ballast to accelerate down the hill at Bathurst with. Unfortunately I also need to drag it all up each lap so probably not ideal. :p

Race 1 I got lucky in qualy as I was on a real good lap only to have someone spin and park across the track exiting the last turn. I had to go to the dirt as there was nowhere else to go, went back to pit put on some tyres and had a couple more laps to get in a lap. I put in a fairly good lap at the end but was still surprised to get the pole without needing to go sub 1:46.

Off the line Cherno got to the inside of t1 and I hung on there until I saw it was only going to end badly so saved my battle for later in the race. Cherno had some good pace I just tried to make sure he didn't get away and keep some pressure on him to keep him honest. I saw the guys behind catching so I didn't want to make too many moves that may slow us even more and just stick close and make a move if I had a good clean look. About lap 8 Cherno got it loose exiting Aqua Minerali and made a good save to hang on to it, I had to back off to avoid contact but also wanted to try make the pass which I managed to do.

From there I tried to put the head down and set some quick clean laps to hopefully avoid any attacks from behind managing to hang on for the win. Below is a replay of the race 1 battle chasing Cherno for most of it.

Race 2 Qualy, I went out fairly late and lots of traffic all around. It was quite hard to get in a lap and I saw a few good times on the board, At the end I put in a reasonable lap to get into 4th with very close times all round. Was .178 off the pole but also only .599 from 10th.

Off the line it was a bit of a battle and I managed to make one spot but was then chasing Ed40t and Shaun who had some good pace. I battled ed for a bit trying to find a way past and managed to make a move outside at Tosa, a lap or 2 later he came in a bit hot into tosa and gave me a little tap. He redressed and caught a few others off guard so it was a bit messy but it didn't look like anyone lost out too badly there. Shaun was now a few seconds ahead and I just pushed on trying to set some quick laps and put on some pressure but he hung on for the win and second wasn't too bad in this field.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    Spidey_11, stucar17, Pete and 5 others like this.
  15. David Brister

How do u get the extra camera marty to show outside the car like that?
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Just capture a replay from more then one camera angle then put it together in a video editing program. I use Premiere pro but most of the good editors should be able to do this fairly easily. Syncing them up may be trickier in others but only takes a few seconds in premiere.

You can add as many as you like and go silly like I did here. :D
    stucar17 and David Brister like this.
  17. David Brister

oh ok, no i dont have any ideas on how to use that stuff let alone the time to play with them, too busy trying to learn the next race track, lol
    stucar17 likes this.
  18. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I have my suspicions Marty lives off little sleep... if any at all :roflmao:
    Spidey_11 and ed40t like this.
  19. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Pretty sure he is a bot
    Spidey_11, David Brister and Rolz like this.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Sleep is over rated, plus laying in bed trying to go to sleep works worse for me then running laps til I pretty much pass out.

I think he may be also. :D