ASSETTO CORSA Season 10: Ahh, Porsche It! (Get up on this...911)

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Feb 1, 2017.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Nice vid cheers Marty. Super smooth what FPS did you have during the race start?
    Sick drift from @krunch there about the 3m mark. yeeeew! :roflmao::cool:

Great stuff Spidey some epic footage and moves there especially in such close proximity battling with @Seanus and @Cyber_STIG_77 :thumbsup:
    krunch and Spidey_11 like this.
  2. Seanus

Seanus New Recruit

I think the finishing order is about right. But no I wasn't lapped. If we look at the lap stats you might notice that NONE of us finished the FIRST lap. Perhaps the Italians don't have a number one.o_O
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    Anon666 likes this.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I run triples at 7680x1440 so cap it at 63, found that smoothest for me over some time. Fps 65 to 100 looks very stuttery but at 120+ its smooth, I run a gtx 1080 and at that res I cant keep fps over 120 so cap it at 63 instead. My actual fps were fine and on the cap at the start. I turned down some reflection settings pre race thinking I may struggle with 30 cars and this made me get some odd stutter even though fps said it was 61 to 63 all race when I checked. Seemed worst first 7 or 8 laps then smoothed out a bit at the end but my regular settings in practice it was very smooth and this just threw me off a little.

I had a league race at xgn last night and went back to my usual settings and it was much better. The grid was smaller with only 24 turning up of 32 entrants, however but I think I will just keep my regular settings here next round as it was smoother and this makes it easier to see apexes etc. ;) Ran a few laps at Imola late and its quite a bit trickier then mugello was, running qualy pace in the race will be asking for trouble but there are some quick buggers here so maybe just need to cross fingers and toes and push on.
    Spidey_11 and Rolz like this.
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Very nice. I think I will have to look into upgrade for i5 CPU and HD6970 GPU this year. FpS drops to around 30 off the start. Picks up reasonabley quickly to 40-50 as the grid spreads maybe 60+ by race end and is 70-100 with just a small grid but the low range is challenging.

Have also noticed some stuttering but when checking FPS it seemed OK so glad to hear that's not just me.
  5. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

Tough race last week, not one of my better ones, like others I found it hard to get a good lap in quali and started 8th.
    Couldn't find a setup I was happy with either and ended up fiddling with it right through practice and quali, Settled on a safe setup that would be more consistent but it took a bit of an edge of my raw pace with the added ballast.
    With @krunch , @tezpez85 , @Shaun_A and @Anon666 not making any big errors directly in front of me and driving well
    I think I made up my only spot during the Pitstop phase getting up into 7th.
    Had some good battles with Shaun before and after the pit stops but didn't have the pace to really make a challenge and stayed 7th. Its so hard to pass this season, seems if you don't have a good quali its very tricky to come through this field.

Congrats to @R0T0R-AU86 for and impressive drive and win, @marty for a great debut and of course big K-Dog @KoAStR, ballast for you should be doubled mate it clearly doesn't have an effect! :alien:
    Epic drives all round really. Nice to see @Anon666 back mixing it up the front again.

Also, apologies for my silence during the race and afterwards but I sat on my headset and broke it rushing back to my seat after a quick toilet stop at the end of quali :mad::D:poop:, so a belated thanks to those guys who let me through on the blue flags and stuff. I'll try and grab a new one for tomorrow night so I'm back talking $hit (<- get rekt swear filter) :ninja: :D.

Anyhoo, thats enough Muggccchheello for one season, bring on the mighty Iobla!
    Anon666, krunch, Spidey_11 and 2 others like this.
  6. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Haha yep sick is how I felt for a moment there when she stepped out :sick:
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hey guys dropbox have changed their file sharing protocol disabling public folders like the one I use to host the results tables, as of yesterday.

So if you can't see them or other images/links I've posted, don't stress, all the files are still there I just need to sort out some new links. Cheers.
  8. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

I hope no-one was sick of pasta as we headed back to Italy for the second week in a row for Monday night's round. This time we were racing at Mugello - a name which when spoken aloud (especially by Cherno) makes you want sit down with a short black and argue passionately about the texture of Parmesan cheese. No? OK maybe it's just me then.

We also welcomed @marty to the AC party this week and he returned the favour by immediately topping the lap stats and then qualifying up in 2nd. Just what we need - another alien! :)

Despite my cheesy intro the round went well for me. I've managed to stitch together two good rounds in a row which is pretty amazing. Seems like Italy agrees with me (...that the texture of Parmesan cheese should be more like sand and less like dandruff). Qualifying went mostly to plan although I wasn't wholly prepared for the lower grip. After botching a few laps I managed a safety lap which dropped me in at the lower end of the top 10 - but I certainly wasn't close to my PB. Fortunately at that stage I don't think anyone else was either. Towards the end of the session as the grip came up a bit more I put in a smooth enough lap to grab 4th on the grid. Having almost no ballast is definitely a good tactic ;).

I got away to a good start and being on the outside of row 2 I knew I'd have to be watching out for an inside dive at T1. Of course @Anon666 was the top candidate for that move and as he got a draft behind @KoAStR he started to move along side me. I was able to hold him out though as I stayed on the outside and he kept it tight (err... nup I'll leave that alone). After T3 the top bunch were all nose to tail and the pace was fast. I found I had some instability with cold brakes and full fuel but managed to hold on to some slides and wobbles over the next few laps to stay in touch with the leaders.

Meanwhile Anon looked like he'd had too much Tiramisu for dessert as he was trying every line on the track to find a way past me. He tried an outside move at T1 but I just held him out. However, a few laps later he managed a better run onto the straight and made it stick at T1 dropping me to 5th. Great battle mate and a nice clean move.

By now I had @Cherno and @Shaun_A behind me in their own battle. I wasn't keen to be part of that so I kept my driving as smooth as I could. Shaun peeled into the pits for an early stop which left Cherno aiming at me. I managed to keep just far enough ahead to hold him off. By the time I pitted I those that I'd been battling with had already done their stops. My tyres were not feeling great and the 2 laps before I stopped had been full of scary moments losing me some time. As I'd expected I didn't get out in front of Anon but I was surprised to see that @tezpez85 was in front of him! Not the no tyres strategy again? That's like going to an Italian restaurant and asking for a bowl of chips - very risky! I could only hope his tyres would melt like Mozzarella on a pizza and I could catch and pass him before the final lap.

Alas I could not. I watched as Anon managed to pass Tez around T1 on the final lap. I needed 1 more lap I reckon! Nice work Tez as I could not have made my tyres last that long. So I crossed the line in 6th which I am very happy with (and no ballast added either hehe). It was a fun race and I didn't botch it with unforced errors. Thanks to the lapped traffic for doing your best to let the leaders through - I know it can be tough. Well done to @R0T0R-AU86 for the win, Marty for 2nd and KoAStR rounding out the podium.

So now for something completely different we are heading to Imola ... wait Italy again? I just want a bowl of chips dammit!
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    @krunch brilliant. Or should I say kruncheggan? Straight to the pool room... erm I mean home page!
    Anon666 and krunch like this.
  10. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

anyone on for some practice??
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hope to be in an hour or so
    ed40t likes this.
  12. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

4 of us in the server now. hope to see ya soon
  13. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

Amazing bantz tonight lads, really top shelf stuff 10/10
    krunch and KoAStR like this.
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Indeed. Some might say it bought as much delight as rainbows.
  15. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

Some of our best work i think!!
    krunch likes this.
  16. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Did you end up finding the Spoofdy vid Dave?
    David Brister likes this.
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    need more apps, maybe slowly moving around. want to see less track. more apps.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  18. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey boys. We have been discussing the idea of reverse grids and this is definitely something we will do. Bringing it in near the end of a season, untested and on a track as punishing as Imola is probably not the right option though. So for all those wondering, it will be 2 races, 2 quals and full points in both races as per the OP.
  19. AaronSutton

AaronSutton Rookie

What tyre pressure are people running on this track? I'm finding I just cannot warm the front tyres up past 65 degree's and the back tyres are floating between 75-80.

I believe optimal tyre pressure should be 26 psi and sit between 80-100 on these cars
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I don't pay too much attention to cooler tyres so long as I'm hitting the optimal 'hot' pressure.