Division 3 - Season 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 8, 2016.

1. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    You don't need to spit the dummy and retire, just do what's right. We're all here for fun and clean racing. Accidents do happen, everyone understands that, but it's like adding insult to injury being turned around and then the offender not rectifying the situation. Even after redressing you can still continue on and have an enjoyable race.
    VARDZ and SuiCid3 like this.
  2. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Multiple seasons and still doesn't learn
  3. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    lol me retiring wouldn't be about spitting the dummy. It's just that I'd have better things to do with my time than to lap around the track many seconds behind the field after stopping for someone who I accidentally bumped off the track and who's going to take many seconds to get back on. I know accidents happen and I may be at fault, that's alright and I accept that, just saying that example you highlighted would be a prime candidate for just to retire from the race and fight another day. Others where I've slightly bumped into and they can keep it straight, I happily redress and let them come back ahead of me before I get back on my race pace.

No one should or need to lose sleep over a game :) it's all good!
  4. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    don't worry, for your sake I'll put in extra effort just for you next season.
  5. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I understand what you're saying. Personally, I'd try to turn it into a positive and make it a challenge trying to pull back some positions. Not that I like being towards the rear of the pack (who does?!) but I do enjoy that challenge of trying to reel cars in.
    fezza likes this.
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Ok, so that's why you've never bothered redressing most of your incidents.
    If that's the case, please don't race.
  7. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    totally agree, but on a track like Imola I wasn't that competitive to begin with. So will depend from track to track and will of course try and give it a go first before bowing out.
    dj2ca likes this.
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    righto lads, everyone take a bex and lay down !

Fezza, no need to retire from the race mate, have been plenty of examples where a driver has redressed and then gone on to a half decent result.

mistakes happen, and quite often you can redress without losing a heap of time or position. You have a lap to get it done.
    Ad2mny, dj2ca and fezza like this.
  9. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Can I take my partner in a nurse outfit instead?
  10. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I think everyone here is fine except that one person above who seems to have a personal grudge with me than anything else.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    no grudge, just wants people to redress and has made that known a few times over the years to different drivers.

only advice i can give mate (is what i do) if i'm unsure of contact i wait for them. Lap 1 is always the toughest part of the race in a pack, so i always try to get through clean by giving a little more room, but then you hope that those behind do the same thing to you.

Live and learn ;)
    fezza, SuiCid3 and dj2ca like this.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys....our official thank you and congratulations post !

Well done to @rossi0nsx for the title, @dj2ca for second ans @SuiCid3 for the final podium step. Was a tight battle and some of the racing was great to see. I hope that some of the new guys continue to learn and find speed and work their way up the ranks like so many others have over the season.

To everyone else, thanks for a great season, lots of guys had some really solid results and showed great pace at certain times. Really hope we can have another great season 7 with big grids and great racing. With only 7 or 8 protests in total over all three divs for the whole season, i would like to think that the respect shown to other drivers was high, so thanks for that.

Thanks to everyone who helped test, setup and run the season. To the room hosts and room captains thanks for keeping it smooth.

BIg thanks to @@jasondull1986 and @@v8power383 for the collation of race results and fastest laps.

Of course to @@Hatfield for the great job he does with the tables.

Thanks also to the stewards group who, let's be honest, had a pretty thankless job in looking at and ruling on protests. This was always a bit of an experiment, and we are discussing in the mod group at the moment at what we could probably do to make things easier and clearer for everyone involved.

Hope to see you all for the new season, if you could register you interest ASAP so we can start to get the divs sorted would be a great help with the last minute juggle we always seem to get.

Entry thread
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-7-entry-thread.2633/

Season and car discussion thread
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-7-discussion.2634/

Cheers
    Stu and Ads
  13. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Stop deleting my rage filled posts! :poop::poop:
    :oops::mad:
    :rolleyes::confused:

:coffee:
    :thumbsup:
    SPL Racing, Peter Wise and stucar17 like this.
  14. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    i am running by myself at the rear running last chasing my ARSS all the time
    but to retire while on fire would not be the thing to do
    and be the boys that enjoy their toys
    because after all when we joined
    the fun and laughter is what we were after
    so lets have fun on the black and have a bit off tact
    i am a poet but did not know it
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  15. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Since both of these incidents involve me I'll just say this. To redress ALL incidents (not just the ones you feel like) you pull over to the side & stop or slow down & wait for them pass you, it's called sportsmanship.
    The first incident at Imola totally shocked me!!! We were still on lap 1 & I wasn't going real fast as I was avoiding another incident that had just happened in front of me & then WHACK!!! one Ford Sierra straight up the clacker!!! Three things REALLY annoyed me about this one: Firstly you didn't redress, I thought no worries, just soldier on & a protest will sort that out. Secondly, you pulled up stumps on lap 36, so you didn't even finish the race for the benefit of your team, & thirdly, while initiating the protest procedure I discover YOU'RE ON MY TEAM!!!! So you not only ruined any chance your team mate had of their best finish for the season & THE TEAM, you didn't get any points for THE TEAM either!!!
    The second incident at The Nurburgring. Coming up to turn one I saw @VARDZ go wide to the left & thought "bugger, why didn't I think of that?". Then I see you take out his right rear quarter & spin him around right in to my path, (hitting him not once, but twice & not braking at all during the process) leaving me with nowhere to go except straight into his side. And again you didn't redress.
    Maybe next season be a bit more aware of what's going on all around you. You're right, we're not racing for cattle stations & it is just a bit of fun, but moments like these really do take the fun out it.
    Zachery, SuiCid3 and SPL Racing like this.
  16. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    That was my plan maxi stay wide, stay out of trouble and have the inside for the next left... but we saw how that ended up... as for being out of control fezza don't think i was.. where you made contact with me shows that i was in front far enough for you to have to avoid contact... i wasnt and wont protest as it had no bearing on the outcome of the race or championship and with the GT6 div 1 boys clogging the stewards room with protest after protest they dont need another meaningless time waster.... All i can suggest is if you have any doubt in the future that contact has given you an advantage or caused a disadvantage you need to redress regardless if you think it will end your night because you may have ended someone elses... hope to see everyone in season 7 in something other than a TIN TOP
    SuiCid3, Ad2mny and maximuscatticus like this.
  17. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Noted, will make extra effort for the pulling over redress in the future.
    Sorry about that. I did actually ease of the gas and check if you were still behind me so I could let you pass but saw you gone for good so continued. As above, I'll pull over next time.
    Did you actually check the race results before coming to that conclusion? Towards the end of the race when I figured there were only 10 guys remaining and with shot tyres and being around 20s behind the pack in 10th and continuing to fall behind I decided to park at a safe spot off the track so I could at least get some last position points instead of just quitting out.
  18. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    So for the sake of transparency, here are some replays from my perspective.

Start:

I made sure I didn't go into T1 too hot as per the pre-race memo, but seem to have spun vardz around none the less so sorry about that. I was actually focused on the other collision ahead and didn't expect to vardz to turn in, got boxed in and was too late to react to anything really. But yeah should have redressed after hitting vardz though.

example of where I did redress:

example of others I've observed not redressing:
    sorry for using this example rossi :p
    SuiCid3, stucar17 and Hatfield like this.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    All good fezza....thanks for taking the time to acknowledge.

Its all about learning and getting better.....for everyone !
    fezza likes this.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    EDIT....
    Can i just add for anyone reading this thread.....(not to have a go at fezza either) but these are classic redress situations.
    If its ok with you @fezza , can i use these vids as examples in the rules and regs ?