Division 3 - Season 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 8, 2016.

1. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    That Chicane, could have gone better..... ;)
    Anthonyb likes this.
  2. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    :eek:
  3. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

There is a few drivers in there that need to go away and have a good look at themselves. Feel for you mate
    SuiCid3, dj2ca and maximuscatticus like this.
  4. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Actually, you're right... it was Zolder.

I called it a few seasons ago, but apparently I didn't know what I was talking about...

See, I don't care if you make mistakes and take me out, as long as you KNOW YOU'RE AT FAULT AND REDRESS.
    Unfortunately that doesn't happen with everyone and that's why protests need to be put in...
    Actually.. I do care about being taken out, but it makes it a whole lot better when the at fault driver redresses at the time.
  5. Anthonyb

Even if you are not sure if it's your fault I'd like to think people would redress or at least wait and race the person they may or may not of punted. A little like a batsman in cricket walking when they edge one behind. Thats just my view
    Peter Wise, SuiCid3 and Ad2mny like this.
  6. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Here is a snapshot of my race. Apologies about some of the livery errors in some of the replays but that's Pcars' fault.
    I ended up having a lonely race for the best part of 20 or so laps especially during the middle stint but the first 10 and the last 10 laps were awseome and really enjoyed the racing and challenges from @Anthonyb and @dj2ca .
    Apart from the mayhem on the first lap it was great driving.
    dj2ca, Anthonyb and SuiCid3 like this.
  7. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Look at that beautiful moonlit track... barely disturbed by artificial lighting.
    You could easily do a lap without headlights.
  8. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Awesome! The liveries all look fine except for mine, I'm in that blue car like Anth's one. So that part where you have the "replay from Anth's view" that's actually me passing you lol.
    rossi0nsx likes this.
  9. Anthonyb

Yeah I've got your liveries thats funny
  10. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Oh yeah, I thought that was Shoot in the second half but that's you in my car. Lol. I don't mind sharing with you Ant, you look good in red and yellow :p
  11. Anthonyb

That is some serious air through the top chicane. I didn't think I ran that wide at turn nine no wonder I got a 5 sec penalty l had nothing to blow up about but it felt good at the time. Great race wish we had a few more laps
  12. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Yeah that chicane really throws you around. I was amazed when I saw that footage.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  13. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Thing is too, you kinda need to throw it over that chicane to get through there faster. It's hard at first because it goes against your intuition to jump a curb that tall but it's heaps of fun.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Dj, i am going to change the start time for all divs next season so you can race them all and do up a highlights packeage for everyone ! Great job, love watching these......might have to get you to walk me through it soon.
    dj2ca likes this.
  15. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Haha! Put me in Div 1 and all you'll see is me getting lapped over and over. I'd be happy to walk you through it mate, it's pretty straight forward.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  16. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok Guys, The final driver briefing for the season :D

Can i first say to all PCARS guys, THANK YOU for your support this season. The size of the grids most weeks has been extremely pleasing, and the comments from most after the race show that racing with big grids is certainly well worth the effort. I also want to thank everyone for what has largely been a trouble free season, short of a few small issues that were sorted quickly from the new stewards group.

I really hope that we see you all back for season 7, regardless of the car, for some more great racing.

R7 : 26th March
    22 LAPS
    - 12pm - 7/6/17
    Tires - real
    Fuel - slow
    Damage - Visual only or off...up to room host !
    Compulsory Stop : Yes
    Weather slots
    1. Heavy Cloud
    2. Overcast
    3. Light Cloud
    4. Clear

[​IMG]

This track normally gives us some cracking racing.....

TRACK LIMITS
    : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. There are track cut penalties here everywhere ! The one that is always questionable here is the exit of 4, where its easy to run wide for advantage. We will be monitoring this through the race. Other corners to be wary of are exit of 2 and the Exit of 7. There are also substantial run off areas before you get pinged. BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group. Obviously, this is a higher chance in the dark at the chicanes. We have seen a few examples this season of contact to the rear of another car, pushing them off track. This is the classic redress situation. PLEASE REDRESS IF YOU DO THIS TO AVOID A PENALTY.

PASSING : Is plenty of spots to pass here, Namely at Turn 1, Turn 8 and turn 14. When a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that you can't win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Stay in your lane till the grid shakes out by turns 3 and 4. Last time we raced here there were issues at turn 1, lap 1 with guys being too aggressive.........please get through there cleanly ! Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes into 1.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : All drivers must make a compulsory pitstop. Pit lane is open from LAP 1. All drivers will have to make sure their pit strat is sorted from last week's round, and make the decision of wanting to take tires or not . We have found in the past that having multiple strategies can cause issues, so i would recommend you delete all except for the sierra one (even default).

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Both are straightforward, however DO NOT swerve across the front of other cars on entry. Drivers should remain right on the exit of turn 15 (final chicane) for a clean entry into pit lane.
    On EXIT, drivers should be aware of fast drivers approaching. The exit line is long, so you should have no issues on the run into turn 1. . Please stay as far right as possible into T1 if there is traffic approaching, once through the first corner then all should be good to resume racing.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will be using the new stewards group for racing infringements and protests. Many thanks to the guys who have put their hands up to volunteer. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
    SuiCid3, dj2ca and Anthonyb like this.
  17. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    What a pleasant surprise. One of my favourite tracks!
    .. I haven't actually looked at the track list all season lol
  18. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Not going to be there on Sunday. Telstra have been doing things to the internet in the area ("upgrades") and have inadvertently made it worse than it was previously to the point where i cant even connect to the wifi at home, let alone connect through Ethernet. They have promised us a tech will be sent out on Friday to solve our problem, but i expect he'll take 1 look at it, tell us he cant fix it that day and come back Monday to fix it. The bad news (or good depending on how you look at it) is NBN is going to be installed in my suburb within 6 months time, so expect my internet issues to become a whole lot worse in the next 12 months, and me to more regularly miss these sunday night races.

Best of luck to everyone this weekend though, i had a great first 2 races with everyone and was really enjoying the great hard fought battles we always have. Unlikely i will be around much next season with work commitments and Telstra continuing to break the internet, but i'll try and turn up to a couple of races
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  20. Anthonyb

Holly crap I need to find some time around this track was really slow last night