ASSETTO CORSA Season 10: Ahh, Porsche It! (Get up on this...911)

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Feb 1, 2017.

1. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

Works a treat, will go with that, thanks.
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
  3. Pete

Pete Rookie

That was epic. Bathurst was such a good race.
    Congrats Koastr
    Thanks Anon and QC (and anyone else) for organising and setup
    Spidey_11, krunch, Cherno and 3 others like this.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks guys was a great race with good driving all round, congrats to Koaster, Shaun and Cherno for the podium. Also to Krunch for a great battle over the last 20 laps or so as I did my best to make up some ground giving it everything I had pretty much every lap but ended up running out of power when I finally got alongside going up the hill.

Bad luck to the few guys that seemed to have issues with the pit stop, possibly still using pit config and not quite sorted with the new official pit app yet.
    Cherno, krunch, Spidey_11 and 2 others like this.
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Epic stuff thanks heaps guys all class today.

Wow Shaun that was the enduro we were meant to have back in the Audi's at LeMans... except after breaking the slip stream early on this looked to be all you. Tit for tat on lap times I could not close. Then loosing focus in the 2nd stint second guessing my pit strat and fuel numbers (also playing with the kunos pit app after being MIA first stint) I dropped a few more seconds..... Pit #2 went well and came out strong fairly close again. Pitting late I was hoping short fuel and fresher tyres would see me be able to put some pressure on. But no it was still all Shaun.. until disaster at skyline. Not the way I wanted to win too bad mate.

Still a good championship result. Gratz Cherno. Bad luck Rotor pity to end it like that. What happened?
    Yeew WD all TTB taking away the teams champ again but so closely fought.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    tezpez85, krunch, Cherno and 4 others like this.
  6. Doublevision

Doublevision Rookie

Hey Koastr, my position in the champs seems to be wrong. 69 points so shouldn't I be just behind Peter Hughs?
  7. Ben787

Ben787 Rookie

Thanks for the season all. Have a safe Easter and stay away from AC hoons on the road :)
    krunch, Rolz, ed40t and 3 others like this.
  8. AaronSutton

AaronSutton Rookie

Started race with only enough for 7 laps, pitconfig didn't work and then had to leave after 1 hour due to needing to help partner get the dogs inside. 85-90 minute race is very long! Need better planning on my side, i really wasn't organised for last night.

Shame cause I felt running mid 2:10's would put me in a good position.

Season 12 suggestion: Hybrid Formula 2017! I bought the paid-mod on the weekend due to excitement for the F1 Melbourne GP and its just so damn fun. The car is pretty easy to drive due to the insane grip and only becomes hard to tame when your close to the edge of grip.

Edit: https://sellfy.com/p/sW07/
    http://racesimstudio.com/formula-hybrid-2017-released
    You actually can pay what you want for it, with a minimum of 3.99 euro.

If an F1 car is too fast/complicated, perhaps the RSR FR3. I believe it had alot of success in the Reddit AC League
    http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rsr-formula-3.8040/
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea sorry mate will fix.
    Doublevision likes this.
  10. Doublevision

Doublevision Rookie

What an awesome race and season that was! Qualified alright and managed to get a good start. Unfortunately I didn't have the pace on the first few laps and dropped a couple positions. Just before my pit I managed to hit one of the walls hard enough on the rear to damage my wing dropping my pace off by over a second again! In the pit I overshot my spot then had to repair the wing both costing me about 15 seconds. Came out the pits in 13th or so and just tried to stay consistent. Was able to make up a couple positions before my next pit. With my pit strat I forgot to check tyres for pit 2 and so I went out on old rubber :mad:.

The car was slipping and sliding so I had to keep my inputs as smooth as silk if I wanted to make it 12 laps without crashing. I could see Terry in the distance catching up lap after lap and I tried keeping the distance between us but alas he was quick, catching me within a few laps. We had an epic battle around panorama, It was bloody hard keeping Terry from overtaking but I wasn't gonna let my spot up easily! Fortunately for me after a couple laps Terry binned it into a wall coming up the mountain. The pressure was off and I had a clear lane to finish with pringles just up ahead. On the final lap I couldn't believe my luck when pringles ran out of fuel (I think that's what happened) and bagging a free spot! Seems the mountain is a fickle one with consistency and planning being the order of the day.Anyway, overall very happy to come away with a 7th in that race after making a few mistakes.

This season in the porsches has been killer, especially trying to keep up with the big boys. Quite a few things learnt and looking ahead to next season! Congratulations King of The Mountain Koastr, coming away with the championship win! Not to mention Shaun and Cherno 2nd and 3rd respectively, congratulations guys!
    krunch, ed40t, Spidey_11 and 2 others like this.
  11. Mael

Mael Professional

Tough but fun race :) Apologies for the contact David, judged that gap wrong. Would have been unhappy about you spinning in front of me if not for the fact that I had a spun there earlier!

Congrats Koaster for the win and thanks for all the hard work QC, Anon and the rest of the backroom people.

ps. Pretty sure you position in correct @Doublevision :whistling:
    ed40t, Spidey_11 and Anon666 like this.
  12. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

Thasts cool Mael, i had a blast of a race, felt i was keeping it together in the 1st half pretty well, but got tired towards the end, making some silly mistakes and spinning off, clipping walls. Early on had a bit of a ding dong battle with Saved, he would crash and i past then i would crash and he pass me. Chunk closed the the gap between us, and i had to settle and concentrate to pull away from him, towards the end QC wasnt that far up the road from me, thought i might have been able to catch him, but was too tired to keep it clean and it was at that time i had to slow for Marty and Krunch, but didnt want to slow down so much that i let QC get away. Thought i managed to let every one by on blue flags pretty well especially up on the hill. While blue flags mean i have to let you pass, it doesnt mean i have to give u the perfect racing line, which happened with Krunch and Marty, but if i had of been on the inside i feared we would have come together in the last bend, at least you both had to take a bad line into that corner making it fair, i thought.
    Any way another great season, lots of new faces and really enjoyed the large grids, i think i found a lot of pace from the 1st race to this race in the car, shame there not more races in the season to maximise the learning curve, but heaps of fun still.

Bring on Season 11!!!
    Spidey_11, ed40t, Peter Wise and 4 others like this.
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

You were fine in traffic, its more down to luck where you catch some slower cars in the lap. Through the race I would gain through some traffic and lose out in others. That last pass when I was real close to crunch I got a little gain as he got loose out off the last turn after we both passed David on the inside of the last turn. This gave me a run and I also got a good run out of t1, pulled out of the slipstream thinking finally I got the spot getting the nose ahead on the inside. Then the ballast dragged me down as Crunch got more speed up the hill where I realized my race was pretty much done.

Running a large field will give traffic and that's one of the cool things, I think lapped cars did better here then they did at Imola where many simply ran off the road and stuffed their own pace to let leaders past which I dont think needs to happen.

Here is a little replay of lap 1 from some static cams, I expected quite a bit of carnage starting mid pack on lap 1 but amazingly it never happened so grats to all for that.

Ben787, Spidey_11, Pete and 7 others like this.
  14. Doublevision

Doublevision Rookie

Nice Video Marty, the sounds as the cars go by are awesome!
    Spidey_11 and marty like this.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Mint vid Marty static cams are a giod choice especially epic capturing the whole feild spread out looking back up conrod.
    David Brister, marty and R0T0R-AU86 like this.
  16. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

Great race last night by everyone, way less incidents than I was expecting. Congrats to K and Shaun.

I received some pretty upsetting news just prior to the race and was having internet problems right up till 10 mins left in quali. End result was the worst possible prep and frame of mind for a race but i got stuck in and grabbed 3rd on the grid.

Started carefully trying to avoid damage in the first stint, Raptor had great pace and was right behind me, i made a mistake and he pulled a great move off to get infront. Sortly after that I copped a massive rear end shunt going into the dipper which threw me into the wall and left me with serious damage, there goes that plan. The damaged steering ment i lost more time going into the first stop. my pit app :):):):)ed up and didnt give me tryes even though it was selected, so did 2 stins on the first set. Was a pretty lonely race after that until K and Shaun started having issues and i caught up a bit. I pushed too hard trying to catch shaun on the last lap and ate wall at the dipper, which meant 3rd was as good as i was gonna get.

Feels like a race that got away abit as I only had low ballast and solid pace in practice but just wasnt to be on the night. Overall a solid end to a great season, can't wait for the next one.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ier-car-pack-1-uscc-mod.7348/
    This would be sick for next season as we could do a multi class season,really top quality mod.
    tezpez85, krunch, Spidey_11 and 3 others like this.
  17. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Historic v8's for next season!:)
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    @Doublevision fixed :thumbsup:
    Doublevision likes this.
  19. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
  20. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Come see the drama At Mt Panorama... meh, rhyming is so last week!

Besides, we all know that Bathurst writes it's own poetry. We are but the ink, the mountain simply the parchment... um, getting carried away. But can you blame me? I survived 40 laps of Bathurst! Let me repeat that - 40 LAPS OF BATHURST. That's an hour and a half of racing AFTER a 30 minute qualifying! All with a box strapped to my face (maybe I shouldn't have put it like that). Pretty sure my eyeballs were sweating. VR really does give you the complete experience.

I feel for those who were caught out by the Pit Config issue, especially @R0T0R-AU86 as it had big championship implications. Very inconsiderate of Kunos to introduce a new pitstop system just before our big enduro! Lucky for me the chat in Discord during practice meant I had it sorted before qualy. It goes to show the value of getting into Discord early on. I mean who wants to miss out on discussions like the colour of your pants by mid-race (for those that wear 'em)?

Now with a race of such epic length there's a danger this race report could fill up the whole forum, but luckily I had very few incidents. Even so I'm going to try to summarise the hell out of it.

Qualifying: A few early laps were hampered by traffic but that's the way it goes. As the track gripped up I managed a few clear laps and my final run was the best. That put me in 6th which was awesome.

Race start: from the outside of the 3rd row I got a good getaway but @TF22Raptor ahead was a little slow away. With @tezpez85 on my inside I took a cautious line around the outside of T1 which cost me some exit speed so @TheStig13 got me into T2 putting me in 7th. All good - long race. Well done all on a clean start. Better than those overpaid V8Supercars amateurs for sure :).

1st stint: Lucky to avoid tezpez85 at the elbow early on as he was stuck nosed into the inside wall. I was happy with my pace and attacked Stiggy early. He repelled well and then managed to pull away. I felt the heat from a R0T0R blowtorch for a number of laps but his ballast was just what I needed and I held him off till the 1st pitstop. Pitted lap 14.

1st Pit Stop: Entered the pits with less than a lap of fuel left. No pitstop app screen?! Stopped in my bay - fuel and tyre progress bars showed and pitstop worked - whew! Took full fuel and new tyres. Raptor was already in the pits when I stopped. R0T0R pitted too and pulled into his bay a few ahead of me. Exiting my bay he was reversing then forwarding through his bay. I knew he was having a pit app issue. Felt bad as I was missing out on a possible long battle with him plus it was a championship on the line. Raptor was still in the pits when I left so evidently also had the pit app issue. Bad luck guys. Stiggy did an extra lap before pitting.

2nd stint: With Raptor and R0T0R out of the race I was in 5th and just lapping on my own. Stiggy had got further ahead after his stop and I had a decent gap back to @marty behind. Started catching backmarkers on lap 18 and they did well letting me through. Lap 24 I touched the grass braking for T1 and nearly ended my race. Somehow caught it and made the apex. Heart rate was pretty high after that and no chance of falling asleep at the wheel. Pitted lap 28.

2nd pit stop: This time the new app DID show up (WTF?). Stop went as planned with full fuel and new tyres. Marty pitted behind me and looked like he could be a threat.

3rd stint: It was all about staying focussed from here. My car was best towards the end of each stint so I knew early on was a crucial time. Marty was slowly gaining but I felt I'd have enough to hold him out if he got up to me as long as I made no mistakes. By lap 35 he was hovering about 1-1.5 secs behind and putting the pressure on. I was holding out well until the end of lap 37 when a slight mix up lapping @David Brister forced me to go very shallow into the final corner. The lower speed and tighter turn somehow made the rears let go and I had a slow motion drift on exit. I was so late on the throttle Marty got along side me on the outside and almost completely passed me by the braking area into T1. With gritted teeth I stayed on the inside line and we went 2 wide through T1 just centimetres apart. Awesome stuff! It was a drag race up Mt Straight but due to my clever tactical use of his ballast I won! Marty tucked in behind into T2 and soon I was able to make a small gap. My adrenaline seemed to act like a NOS boost and I pulled out 3 quick laps to end the race in 5th, just over a second in front of Marty. What a battle! Really fun stuff. My car had not a scratch on it too.

Well done to everyone on an epic endurance race. I'm fairly certain we can all class ourselves as elite athletes now - I know I will be :). Congrats to Koastr on the win, Shaun Allan for 2nd and @Cherno for 3rd.

Also congrats to Koastr for another Championship win and again to Shaun and Cherno for 2nd and 3rd. Unfortunate ending for R0T0R. Thanks everyone for a memorable season in a car I absolutely loved. Not all cars suit me but this one did. And of course congrats to my team "Team Turtle Beach" for the teams championship win! Legends! Thanks to QC, Anon, Koastr and any others behind the scenes making it all work like clockwork.

Oh and I reckon I might make up a T-shirt that says "I survived 40 laps of Bathurst!"
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    c4rLo5, Spidey_11, marty and 11 others like this.