Season 11: A Maztacular Season!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

yeah thought i finished 13th actually...
  2. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

Seems you've come up DNF in both races :confused:, but prac and qual seem to be ok??.
    I did notice after you rejoined (I think you said you had bsod??) that you weren't in the allocated car.
    What position did you finish race 1?

EDIT: got it 11th (just checked stracker... duh)
    @KoAStR please use race results from stracker, thanks :)
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
  3. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

[​IMG]
    https://www.facebook.com/david.bris...290788.1073741847.515140787&type=3&uploaded=1

Check out my race pics and photo commentary.

Race 1 was great have a great battle with Drift again for many laps.
    Got a heap of practice in again this week, really happy with my consistency with 6 drivers with lower %rates

Race 2 was crap. Although showed good consistency again compared to others. Led my 1st race with Rooz ever even if it was only for 3 corners. Finished my highest place after 1 lap being in 4th.
    But Lap 2 was the end of my race come turn 4.(pic above) I have said it before and i will say it again, you faster guys will pass me, so do it correctly. On a reverse start Grid i have every right to battle for position, and im bound to cock up so be patient please. Helicorsa should have been glowing bright Orange.

I posted a video of lap 2 on my facebook link above. Sorry Mael for turn 2 on lap 2, didnt even realise i had pushed u wide and clipped you there sorry. Loved the pressure u put on me as you and Loris chased me down the back straight on lap 1 into lap 2.

Race 1 - Lap 1
    [​IMG]

Race 2 lap 1
    [​IMG]
    Who could be hiding in the smoke and dust cloud?
    Doublevision, Peter Wise and KoAStR like this.
  4. Doublevision

Doublevision Rookie

Q1 - Found some last minute pace and beat my pb by 0.8 of a second! Putting me in a comfortable 3rd spot.
    R1 - Managed to sneak my way into 2nd on the opening few corners and was there for a lap until I made a mistake on the next lap allowing Cherno through. From there I had an epic chase tailing Cherno for the remaining 11 laps with Stiggy breathing heavily down my neck. Always within a second or two and sometimes getting side-by-side I was pressuring him as much as I could but as I learnt, Cherno don't crack.
    R2 - Got put through the washing machine and spat out the back on the first couple of corners it was a game of catch up which is pretty difficult with a field this good. Ended up having some really good battles with Krunch which he ended up getting the better of me.

Heres a pic from one of the sweepers that shows how close me and Cherno were battling. Epic stuff!
    [​IMG]
  5. Mael

Mael Professional

Tough physical racing!

Decided my target for the race was going to be Loris since:
    • We had contact last week
    • He seem to have slightly better pace than me
    • The Italian flag stands out from the pack!
    Spend the whole of race 1 fighting hard to stay close to him finishing just behind Loris.

Race 2 was even better including some door rubbing. Loris made side to side contact pushing me wide at one of the hairpin corners to make a pass, I replied immediately by pushing him wide the next corner to take the position back. (Note well judged side to side contact does not cause your competitor to spin :ninja:) Unfortunately I allowed Loris pass while trying to give way to the Pagnian leader for the race, Doublevision, our battle recommenced after Loris got turned around by someone on the 3rd last corner a few laps later. The second race was settled in my favour after a slight mistake by @loris P. on the last lap although I suspect he has finished the round ahead of me :(

Now to start working on a decent setup, need to be fighting for top 5 position rather than the current top 10.
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  6. loris P.

loris P. Rookie

All good mate! ;) but I gave you a Kiss on the air pin...Than on the next one ,if it hadn't been for me you would have finished in the pit box of Mugello!!! ;)
    Ps. I'm Glad the Italian flag stands out!
    @Mael
    Rolz likes this.
  7. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

Really Nothing?? wow. maybe you should mute your mic in race or shut up!
    u cant run wide off the track and then gather speed and expect to pass on the same straight into the next corner
    Hey Mael i got a target for next week as well now, based on your theory, lol
    Shaun_A likes this.
  8. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    So these ones right?
    Race 1: http://13.54.27.32:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=5092#
    Race 2: http://13.54.27.32:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=5093#

@Anon666 'Goneshooting' = @Hamish Gebbie ? and what team?
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Provisional results:
    Gratz @spita84 on the podium race 2, @bbhrt taking bonus points for most consistent, and of course @Shaun_A for the overall win topped off with fastest lap :)
    [​IMG]
    Doublevision, Rolz and Shaun_A like this.
  10. Hamish Gebbie

Hamish Gebbie New Recruit

How has Cyber_77 been listed as DNS for the reverse grid race when he crashed into the back of me going into turn 1. Are you sure its not supposed to be DNF
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    normally aren't draws in points for sprint rounds counted back in who was higher in race 1? @emmo46 please confirm
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Stracker results didn't list cyber. Must only show finishers. Doesn't change the results anyway.
    Nope. Always used highest overall finishing position then fastest lap for tie breaks.
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Highest place in race 1 wins it.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    MOD-BATTLE!!
    Rolz likes this.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-5-championship-ladders.189/#post-9349

Perhaps you have changed this ruling for GT6 league.... but I have always stuck to the same since GT5 days (as per the OP) Withh half points awarded race 2 there is already an advantage for having secured a higher placing in Race 1, without which a driver with a higher Race 1 result often wouldn't have even been in contention for a tie.

Also consistent with championship tie breakers from the leagues inception.
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/competition-tied-results.18/
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
  16. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

17. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Did some laps for the first time ever of Le Mans last night and wow!
    I can see now why it has the title "Grand Prix of Endurance and Efficiency"
    Whoever can drop the rear aero the most and keep the sphincter puckered will do well here! :roflmao:
    David Brister likes this.
  18. Mael

Mael Professional

Top ten in both races but only 12th for the round, that hurts :(
    David Brister likes this.
  19. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Misano - not my best round that's for sure. I think this Mazda 787B has a bit of a sick sense of humour. It's a practical joker! I only had limited practice before the race due to a head Cold but I still managed enough laps to get a sense of each tyre compound. My Mazzie had me convinced the hards would be a good option (I know I know - silly choice in a sprint race - point fingers and laugh now!), but it wasn't until turn 6 on lap 1 of race 1 that I felt the bucket drop on my head!

Q: Using soft tyres, Qualy went well and I was chuffed to line up 6th on the grid (with a PB).

R1: With my supposed Ace in my pocket I felt confident I could hold position for a while and then gain spots as others got slippy on worn mediums late in the race. Um... it didn't pan out like that. I fought hard over the first 6 corners to hold position and not make contact, and it was all going OK but then Mazzie decided to have a laugh. On the exit of T6 before I'd even got anywhere near full throttle the rear let go with a snap! My neck swivelled with a crackle and off I popped to the nearest wall, sliding across a completely useless rice bubble trap. Naturally Mazzie made sure I nosed up to the wall so I had to completely stop, grab reverse and then watch as the last of the 10 cars that had gone by faded into the distance. The only consolation was that I'd made a clean exit and not taken out another unfortunate soul.

So I found myself in about 16th and I just hoped I could claw back some positions. All the while cursing my stupidity for choosing hards! It felt like I was on worn mediums the whole damn race so it wasn't easy to make headway. In reality it was only the misfortune of a few of those in front of me that gave me back some positions. I had some cool battles with @Seanus and @Cyber_STIG_77 which made it an enjoyable race. In the end I had to settle for 12th.

R2: Being a quick learner I started the reverse grid race on mediums. Starting from 7th, the opening laps were crazy. There were more position changes than in an 8 year old's soccer match. Not only that but more a than few got tangled and were sent straight off. Fortunately I kept my nose clean and this all meant that despite losing a few early positions I stayed in about the same spot. I had a great battle with @spita84 during this time. The only major mistake for me came on lap 4 when I wagged my tail like a happy dog at the hairpin and lost 3 spots to Spita, @Shaun_A and @Cherno. I stuck behind Cherno for a while and gained a couple of spots back when Shaun and @loris P. unfortunately tangled.

@TheStig13 somehow managed to slice through the battles behind, pass me and ended up heading off in pursuit of Cherno. Meanwhile I found myself in a great battle with @Mael, @Doublevision and Loris. Somehow I managed to keep my elbows out enough to prevail and in the end came home in 7th.

My final result was a pretty ordinary 13th but that's what you get when to try to be smarter than the average Mazzie!
  20. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    We must have, it has been the highest place in race 1 for us in GT6. I didn't start until GT5 season 10 and it was explained to me as highest first race finisher then.