PCARS-2 Multi make GT3 series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Oct 4, 2017.

1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  2. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    7 of the 10 circuits used in the 2017 calendar of the Blancpain overall series are available on PC2. If you thinking of running an 8 round season it easy enough to add Bathurst to the series. Personally i would drop 2 from the calendar Brands Hatch and Zolder and add Fuji to mimic the japanese enduro and Daytona Road to also mimic the North Am. classic.
    Toranafan-02 likes this.
  3. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    For those who are interested in have a crack at this series there is some work to be done in working which of the GT3 are matched and can be used together. I have a google spreadsheet that is available to those that have access to the link.... if you wish to add to this spreadsheet... request the link and add yourself to the list of drivers and away you go....
    The list of tracks are as follows... MONZA - SILVERSTONE - NURBURGRING GP - SPA - BATHURST - FUJI
  4. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Interested. Away for this week though and will be pushed for time with assisting for the next Sunday League but will try my best.
  5. mef

mef New Recruit

PSN ID
    GTP_mef
    I'm interested as well. It would be mega if we get enough people together. Would this be a once a week type time comittment? And PC or PS4? I'm on PS4 only.
    And lastly, I'm qiute new to the site. Do I need to do a qualifier to show I can keep it on the grey stuff ie not a total noob? I've done a fair bit of lapping but new to racing in leagues, only done public servers which is not to say I am dirty. I like clean racing which is why I'm looking at this site :)
    Cheers
    stucar17 likes this.
  6. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  7. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    [​IMG]
    slowly getting through the list of cars and tracks... anyone keen to help tonight will be at Spa from about 7:30 Qld time
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  8. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    How many laps in each car
  9. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    i set an online room clear weather 20 min pract sesh which gives you a light fuel load. Thats generally long enough as all the track are reasonably familiars
  10. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

hey @VARDZ
    im looking for something to do after loving the gt3 season, so hit me with the link to the spreadsheet for this & i'll get on it for spa
  11. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

if you're still interested mef, all the pcars2 action happens on ps4. i plan on doing some testing now the season is over & will hit your psn id in the next day or three
    Anthonyb likes this.
  12. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Yes I would be interested doing this championships with you gentlemen
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    This was my series but i have defected to GTS
  14. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

thx for the heads up. please send me the link to the spreadsheet & I will happily take this over
    VARDZ likes this.
  15. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  16. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

the latest patch has made the prospect of a successful multi make gt3 season a reality in many ways. all the cars are now a lot closer in performance & the soft tyres are brilliant if the track temp stays at or below 25deg

i think this series should be considered for enduro status, races being 1 hour long minimum with LeMans Bathurst Spa & Nurburgring/Nordschliefe being longer with a 2 hour maximum. Vardz original idea was to run an 8 race series using the Blancpain track list with Bathurst & maybe Daytona Road & Fuji instead of Zolder & Brands Hatch. I am very open to what tracks we run & how many races in the series. including the WEC tracks, at our disposal are the following:

ZOLDER MONZA BRANDS HATCH SILVERSTONE SPA NURBURGRING/NORDSCHLIEFE
    BARCELONA LE MANS BATHURST DAYTONA ROAD FUJI

the question of when to run is going to be a big part of getting this off the ground. mid week wed? fri? sat?? or even off season from the usual rooz leagues is a possibility

i also think tuning should be allowed as the strategy variables are a brilliant part of endurance racing. the best reason to support this is because the game has 2 default setups, loose & stable, so everyone who doesnt have time to make a setup can use the default tuning that best suits their own driving style & make a few changes to aerodynamics & tyres. these default setups are very good on tyre wear & had really good pace in the one race i have done so far

i am very open to input & help with this series. as we'll have PCars2 for a couple of years i think it's worth developing as an ongoing Rooz event, i personally think these cars are just brilliant to drive

let me know what you're thoughts are if you're still following this thread & if/when it comes together we'll relaunch it to take it to the masses. as we're on PS4 we are looking at a max grid of 16 cars

happy racing y'all
    Hoppy (benny11169) and Spidey_11 like this.
  17. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    What about running this as a long-gap series, like 1 race per month?
    The risk is people lose interest but then it doesn't interfere with other Sunday leagues and still allows for a rest between seasons.
    Just throwing it out there to see if there's interest
    POPPINFRESH1234 likes this.
  18. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I have been thinking for a while about a multi-class series like this, running LMP1, LMP3 and GTE (or GT3 if preferred).

Perhaps even have teams that run a car in each class. If the results were more about team glory than individual glory, that encourages team mates to work together on setup and strategy for each car class.

I agree that in order for a full tune series to work, you need enough time between races to sort out car setup.

I also like the idea of running full sim damage, which forces people to be more careful and pick their battles, also means car setups have to take into account engine and brake temps when tuning the car.

At the very least I would like to try running a 2.4 hours of Le Mans to coincide with the real race this year, perhaps the weekend before or after June 16/17.
    Hoppy (benny11169) and Spidey_11 like this.
  19. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    +1 for teams points only. That is a great idea.
    +1 for multi class. LMP cars are too fast for me but say GT3, GTE and the slowest LMP cars
    +1 for real damage as discussed above
  20. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

all great ideas fellas, im making notes

if we got 10 cars on the grid probably 2 classes would be better for a 5 team series. 15 cars would be ace for a 3 class series

racing once a month, working backwards from a june lemans race, we could kick this off in March or April & get another one in May. July would be a good month for a Nordschleife race.... have you run an lmp1 car there Benny? that sounds truly intimidating!

i heard it mentioned that there would be 4 league seasons this year, following the school calender. if we were to run during a league season (lemans for example), what other time of the week would be best for you guys ?
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.