PCARS-2 Multi make GT3 series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Oct 4, 2017.

1. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

With a good setup and enough practice Im happy to run the LMP1.

For a long race, Friday or Saturday night would be the best bet for me.

Would be limited to running tracks that allow easy passing for the faster cars lapping the lower classes.
  2. its-benny-racer

3. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Any more discussion on the idea?
    To keep it simple what do people think of a 2 make series of an lmp and GTE? This helps if numbers are low and should provide more numbers in each division if interest isn' strong through the entire season.
    I like the Friday or Saturday night idea so it doesn't interfere with normal league racing.
  4. its-benny-racer

Should we aim for the 13th or 14th of April for round 1?

It might be better to start a new thread with a more catchy title to reflect the series format.

We could perhaps run:
    • 1 hour Spa (April)
    • 1 hour Silverstone (May)
    • 2.4 hours Le Mans (June)
    • 1 hour Fuji (July)
    • 1 hour Daytona Road (August)
    • 1 hour Nurb?/Dubai?/Monza? (September)
    • 1.5 hour Bathurst (October)
    I have also been thinking of the idea of shaking up the points system a bit to encourage attendance and clean racing. Perhaps a default slab of points awarded for showing and racing cleanly. A no show means no points, ruining other people's races means reduced points (which ultimately affects your teams chances of winning)
    Spidey_11 and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  5. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

all of that sounds ace guys. Benny are you ok to make the new thread? it sounds like your on it with fully developed ideas. i was going to pitch the idea of running a prologue to work things out but what you & Spidey have outlined is perfect
  6. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Let's use this thread to bring up and confirm ideas then start a new thread once it's ready in a nice package.
    I like the race length on 1hour for most and the tracks listed.
    +1 for mixing up points. I'd like to see more team points rather than individual points if that works. Might keep middle to lower table runners interested in a championship cuz I know I can't win a div 1 championship but could be teams champions with others.
    What do you think about no individual driver points but team points only?
  7. its-benny-racer

Yes, only team points was my thinking as well.
    If we can finalise the track list and exact classes, that should give us the basis for starting a new thread.
    My list was mostly a suggestion, it makes sense to have Le Mans in June and Bathurst in October. Good to have at least 1 Asian track and 1 from the US to make it truly global championship. All of the tracks I listed are nice and wide with plenty of places for the LMPs to get around the GTs.
    The remaining decision is LMP1, 2 or 3. I would be leaning towards 1 or 2, just so there is a clearer speed difference between the classes.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Spa in July... Mix up your race distances and have a sprint title, an endurance and an overall title
  9. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

lmp2s would be easier to race against for the gte cars, the lmp1s have uber acceleration
  10. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

i like the track list. monza would get my vote for that round, it'd be interesting to do an enduro at what is an out n out sprint track
    good idea to run spa in july. go the season opener either at daytona or fuji
  11. its-benny-racer

So perhaps...
    Tracks:
    • Fuji - 1 hour - April
    • Daytona - 1 hour - May
    • Le Mans - 2.4 hour - June
    • Spa - 1 hour - July
    • Silverstone - 1 hour - August
    • Monza - 1 hour - September
    • Bathurst - 1.5 hour - October
    Entry:
    • Team of 2 drivers required to enter
    • 1 driver in LMP2 the other in GTE
    • Fill-in drivers allowed
    • Restricted/limited car changes?
    Results/Points:
    • All points go towards the team
    • 10 points awarded per driver for attending
    • Results points as per Sunday league based on class finishing positions
    Regs:
    • Full Tune
    • Full Damage
    • Real Tyre Wear and Fuel Burn
    Weather:
    This is a bit of a crazy idea, but I'm keen for this to be as realistic as possible.. details to be ironed out.
    Put basically, on the day of the race (the real life day that we race), if any rain is recorded by BOM at the 'Sydney - Observatory Hill' weather station between 9am and 3pm, the race that night will include rain. Just need to work out a mechanism for how to apply that to weather slots for the race, perhaps based on the amount of rain.
    Hoppy (benny11169) and Spidey_11 like this.
  12. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    I’d be looking to run a GTE so either LMP 1 or 2 is cool. Happy for you guys to sort that one out.
    I see your track list and I like it. I like the race distance set also. With only 7 rounds we can play with the endurance and sprint round championship next time so we don’t have too much going on for the first attempt.
    Can we expand and cap the team numbers to 4 or 5? Only 2 to a team limits who you can team with especially if both want to go LMP’s. Then have say the top 2 drivers in each class for the team scoring team points, or just the top 3 finishers in each team to score points??? Just throwing out ideas.
    Regs I like.
    You pick one vehicle for the season and that’s it I recon. No swapping to suit track.
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  13. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    I’m happy to jump on pcars and test this out a bit with your guys and discuss via party chat :thumbsup:
  14. its-benny-racer

I'm heading home from work now, won't be home till after 7.
  15. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

teams of 4 (4 full teams on the grid :thumbsup:), top 2 or 3 scoring points + 10 each for being on the grid
    no swapping
    love the weather idea Benny, that would allow some time to team strategize before the race... or just go random, that would keep it interesting as everyone would only have 2mins to load a setup & strategies would need to be done on the fly
    party chat allowed for teams?? could be a big advantage
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  16. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

also out there, the team could nominate which lmp & gte car they were going to run for the season & could then decide for each race how many of each to run
  17. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

i wont be able to get there tonight
  18. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

have you guys sampled the 2017 911 RSR GTE from the Porsche DLC that just came out?
    ROCKET SHIP!!!
    i only had time to run a few laps at LeMans with the default stable setup & that was mega fun thru the Porsche curves
    including this car, that makes 6 cars available in the LMP2 & GTE categories
  19. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Haven't got the DLC yet but I'll have to give it a look once I get it. My heart still goes to the ford gt GTE lol
  20. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

the fords a great car, no doubt. im hoping we can get a nice assortment of cars that are all close on performance