Season 14: The Tifosi Have Spoken!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

My vid is posted by marty above... lol
    marty and jlynn777 like this.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Well that was pretty full on! Glad to tick the box to say I've done a F1 race distance race... again my kudos levels to the pro's doing this goes up a notch...
    Congrats to Marty and Terry! Great qual time Shaun, shame about the spin out early in the race...
    Q1 - Was stoked to jump on and smash a good lap, my main aim was to start on the left side of the track to avoid potential T1 issues.
    R1 - Was happy with my result, had a silly spin early in the piece at the chicane before the start that dropped me to 4th and then it was just head down and do consistent laps... got past vanzr and that was it... Terry was too far ahead and I didn't have the pace to catch up... mesafto came close at one point but I was lucky I put down some good consistent laps and put some air between us. After that it was just keep focus, getting better but I still sometimes daydream and it gets dangerous... nothing super silly but a few slow laps and I see mesafto cut the distance down again... I find just telling myself what gear to be in each corner helps the brain fade...

Server side, 2 Shanghai servers are (7lap and 27lap) up, light cloud and a little brisk (for Queenslander's anyway:))
    Bogor, jlynn777, krunch and 1 other person like this.
  3. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Yeah we were on the same pit strategy, different tyres. And we both had similar pace, but you were inching away from me for the race. Having a look at the two pit stops, there wasnt much in it, but yeah over a lot of laps you had the race pace.
    Your times are on the left.

[​IMG]
    krunch, Mael, marty and 1 other person like this.
  4. Rolz

cool, really very close on the pace! :)
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The brain fade is a tricky one, I had some of that the week before as I was taking it a bit too easy at times and not pushing enough. Do that and tyres cool off, pressures drop and brain fades creep in amd laptimes tumble pretty quick too..

Its why this week I considered the 3 stopper an option as it would force me to push all race trying to pull that off with no room for cruisy laps. From pole though not sure if I would have gone the 2 stop but would have been more likely. My actual race strat here was start with a short first stint to then either stick to 3 stop or go 2 long runs to finish, as I nearly made the time needed in the first stint I then commited to the 3 stop.

[​IMG]

The one mistake major I made was lap 2 at Bruxelles hairpin which with my setup and brake bias it was fairly easy to lock the rear and get loose in especially in the early laps. I nearly had a spin there lol so that got me a bit more focused for the rest of the race.
    krunch likes this.
  6. Rolz

I watch u do that and my heart skipped a beat :roflmao: That lap I cocked T19 up and any pressure I could apply was gone :cautious:
  7. Doublevision

Doublevision Rookie

You might have to change brake bias for specific corners like the pros!
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

In qualy yes but in race best to avoid that as there is enough to deal with lol. You can normaly manage a different approach rather then change bias 4 times per lap. :D Qualy is normally more on the limit at each entry where the bias changes are more critical.
  9. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Whats the points table look like at the moment?
  10. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Rectangular. Numbers and data laid out in a grid of rows and columns. :p

http://raceonoz.com/page.php?view=Ladder#AC
    Will update with results from Spa later tonight.
    krunch, mesafto, Bogor and 2 others like this.
  11. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Thanks all for the race.
    I spent all week and many many laps trying to learn the car and track and hopefully be competitive. I still found myself to be 6-8 seconds off the pace. This did not deter me though, I thought if I can just make it to the end of the 44 laps unscathed then maybe, just maybe I can finish in front of a few that crash / spin out.
    Lap 1 was OK, I started at the back and managed to avoid a few cars that had spun.
    Lap 2 was eventful at the start having to stop at turn 1 to avoid some parked cars.
    It wasn't until near the end of this lap that I realised that Team "The Gamesmen Men" were jealous of Team "The Pagnian Importinators" ladder position and were planning to take us out one at at time starting with their rookie driver Bogor.
    As I approached the last chicane Godzilla was sitting there ready to pounce. And pounce he did. Hitting my rear left tyre and causing me to spin hard. Undeterred I waited for a few cars to pass and set about trying to make it back into the race with minimal damage. That's where I saw Godzilla waiting, as soon as I passed he pounced in behind me and started the chase.
    He managed to get better speed through Raidillion Eau Rouge and set about catching me on Kemmel Straight. Once he was in front he took the opportunity and pounced again. This time taking out my Engine and front of my car.
    Back to pits to hopefully secure my backup car, however the time Penalty was over 240 seconds. With this I bowed out.
    Evidence below for all to see :)
    Looking forward to the next race, watch out for Godzilla he is a force to be reckoned with.
    krunch, Mr.McGibblets, Rolz and 2 others like this.
  12. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

....mmmm yeah thats not great vision.
  13. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Bit of a shuffle up keeping the drivers championship interesting. Same same for teams champs.
    @squid added to IGN to bolster their attendance, on paper this team is stacked..... :confused:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  14. squid

squid Rookie

attendance will be about the only thing I bolster :p
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Ouch the piniata fought back there it seems, I only watched from tv cams and so lots of contacts all round. Not a great angle there and people in general will need to try harder to keep it clean in these cars. First few laps mid pack there cost lots of cars damage it seems a few were in a rush to be in the first and most accidents. :oops::D
  16. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

On behalf of our team I apologize! :eek:
    Some pretty untidy racing in mid pack, kinda glad I didn't qualify a bit higher.

On a side note do you use that view when racing or just for the replay?
    Bogor likes this.
  17. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

That view is purely for the purpose of the video. I drive with Oculus Rift and use FPV.
    It's all good, Godzilla and I have chatted about it and the above story is there for entertainment purposes only.
    There is no ill will between any of us. I am here for a fun time. :)
    c4rLo5 and jlynn777 like this.
  18. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Yeah you got me good start of the second lap. Watch out for those Gamesmen!
  19. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

Wasn't sure who I ran into, sorry! Was trying to avoid some very early braking but no excuses. :(
    I got clipped on the first lap into turn 7 as well. That's racing though.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Watch out for a Gamesmen podium Id say. Next round may be the one. Or it could just go tits up again :eek: :mad: :D

Its a fine line in these cars really and I dont think there are any guarantees this season, real f1 is much the same and the start of the race plus strategy are the real main passing options so some early contact is more likely then not.

For this round its quite a tricky technical track and my first attempts was trhing something different but there may be a reason Ferrari chose to go one way with setup in China and my idea was a steaming :poop:. Watching some real onboards showed me how I should try to set the car and also gets the better lap times. Cool to see in AC that cars seem to work best when going in the similar direction as the real teams did.

Here was the pole lap, surely Michael would have been at least .5 faster had he not spun as Rubens lap was fairly messy.

Bogor likes this.