Division 3 - Season 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    @stucar17 Div 3 has been running between 7 and 9 racers
    Anthonyb likes this.
  2. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Unless I have a late call up to work I will be able to race this week
    Anthonyb likes this.
  3. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  4. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Thanks dj
    Looks like a battle for the top 3 good luck this weekend everyone
    dj2ca, Ant_427 and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ROUND 7 : ZUHAI : 51 LAPS : 1/4/18 - ENDURO with 24 Hr time cycle
    - Qual Time - @ 1pm - (1 weather slot - Med Cloud)
    - Race Time - @ 2pm - Light cloud / Clear / Fog / Light Cloud
    - Time progression - X15
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : Authentic
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    [​IMG]

Well done again last week guys. Another week with 0 protests ! This week will see time advanced X15, so we get a full day / night / day cycle. Make sure you have a lights button mapped, and room hosts to have damage OFF. The lights work really well now, so a dark track shouldnt make a big difference.

FUEL : I spoke too soon about the patch fixing the fuel issue ! Seems that on a longer race there is still a fuel difference so for this reason we will have to run with FUEL BURN OFF. Tested last night and there was a difference of up to 30 L between drivers.
    Qual it seem there is only enough for about 7 mins of track time so if you want to go into the pits to take fuel you can....remember to drive in and select amount, if you exit to pits you will get the 60L

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

ROUND 6 ISSUES : 0 protests, great job from everyone across all 4 divs.
    Will have to say to the guys in div 1, most drivers didn't follow the pit exit rule as posted in the driver briefing. Given it wouldn't have changed the result, i didn't follow it up as most cut the yellow pit exit line. If people couldnt be bothered reading these, i wont bother, but we will have to run with room penalties on :cautious:

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. Be aware of not running other cars out of track on the exit of 1, T3 and through T6.
    Give plenty of room, race restarts up to room host.

TRACK LIMITS : There is one obvious spot that drivers need to be aware of cutting. The exit of TURN 4, drivers must make an attempt to stay on the ripple strip on the exit.
    (1:10 on juzzy hotlap vid). Drivers consistently running to the right of this will be penalised

Everywhere else has grass on the track edge.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. Is quite a few spots here to get a run on other drivers. The obvious places here are TURN 1, TURN 4, 7 and 11....

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : You will need to save a Mustang strategy, with 1L of fuel, tyres of choice and turn off all damage repairs. This stop should come up as 'about' 20 sec, however the stopwatch will stop at about 15 sec. Make sure you select that strategy before you go to the track in qual, and then check it in the ready up screen before race start.
    More info in the pitstop thread http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/pcars-2-pitstop-thread.3094/

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    Dont drive through the pit bays unless all clear ;)

PIT ENTRY : The entry is to the right, just before the final turn. Is a blind entry, so make sure you do a couple of runs in so you know how it works.
    PIT EXIT : Is a straight forward exit, but make sure you stay to the right till up to race speed. Drivers cutting across other cars will be deemed at fault if contact is made, or if another car is disadvantaged. Us the FULL pit exit line.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be myself, Ad2mny and Garyw61. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    Ant_427, LOW_NZ and Anthonyb like this.
  6. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Good racing all congrats on whoever won

For me I was close to not even bothering tbh practiced for around 3 hours this afternoon and hit low1:44s constantly, then as soon Ads open the room I struggle to make 1:46s so :):):):)ed the rhythm I had gone, whole race I'm trying to find that pace and treating each lap as a 'qually lap (which is kinda hard to do in the middle of the race)' and made too many mistakes and left half way through. Ideally don't like to leave races but I was just too frustrated, sorry all.

See ya all next season
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    Ad2mny and Anthonyb like this.
  7. Anthonyb

Got held up on the last corner of my last flying lap in qualifying and was .7 up so had to settle with 3rd not that I would have come close to @Glenn Stimson with that off the planet time a 1.40.8xx unreal mate div 1 for you.
    After the restart anne gave glenn a small tap with anne turning into me and glenn spinning letting @Ant_427 and @familiagtr past.
    Glenn was quick to catch back up and I made a small mistake letting him by as did familia. Ant familia and I had a great battle and I was lucky enough to capitalize on there small mistakes.
    After that glenn was driving away withit but pitted early and wiuld if came out in the mid pack I tryed to keep up a good pace hoping he might get held up but a lack of practice for the night on my part had me being too cautious and by sun rise glenn was closing in quick.
    I must apologize to @freddyp_33 for our coming together at turn 1 I think sorry mate.
    With no chance of catching glenn when he got past at the last turn and then a spin later on I had to settle for 2nd.
    Congratulations Glenn on the race win and the championship mate great battle all year.
    Well done to the rest of the podium for the race.
    Congratulations to @Ant_427 on 3rd in championship shame about the last few rounds or you would have been right there fighting fot the tittle.
    Thanks to everyone for a great season of racing can't wait to race you all next season.
    Thanks everyone at rooz who go to great lengths to make all the championships happen we really appreciate all the effort you all put in behind the scenes.
    Last but not least thanks @dj2ca for the points tables great work hurry up and get back here and race.
    See you on track.
    Ant
    Ad2mny, dj2ca, AOCleaner74 and 2 others like this.
  8. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    13 Eeesteeedeee DSC
    14 LOW_NZ DSC

What a great race, would have been pretty boring without having a (nearly) full lobby.

It looked like there may have been some carnage turn 1, and I got pushed back a few places too, then when I saw @anne go straight on after the fast right kink I was watching my app waiting to see what had happened and got the call for a restart.

Had a few battles early on and spent most of the first half racing with @freddyp_33 and @Ford69xw, either moving up or down as we each made little mistakes. Also had some short battles with annewa and also @LOW_NZ who had some good pace early on. Pitted lap 20 ahead of them but as I came out made a couple of little errors so as my little group completed their stops they were ahead. Pushed and pushed and caught them eventually, and after a mistake from one of them (not sure who) I saw a clean line through and took it. Slowly pulled away and was very consistent for the rest of the race, pulling out my fastest lap in fresh air of a 43.9. Rest of the race was navigating backmarkers while being lapped myself.

For me it was barely a dull moment, which makes it worth while, even if I’m not racing for the podium.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  9. Ant_427

Ant_427 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antlloyd76
    Thanks to all the Div 3 guys for another great season of clean competitive racing. Congratulations to Glenn and Ant for top steps on the championship podium, and to Stu and the ROOZ team for all their work, creating another challenging season. See you all next season.
    Ad2mny and Anthonyb like this.
  10. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  11. Anthonyb

You can't ask for a closer finish than that. Congratulations Glenn on the championship, had a blast racing you and everyone else over the season can't wait for season 3. Congratulations on rounding out the podium Ant nice and close between you and familia.
    Thanks again @dj2ca for the points tables.
    See you on track
    Ant
    dj2ca, SuiCid3 and Ant_427 like this.
  12. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Well done @Glenn Stimson , and the two Ants (@Anthonyb & @Ant_427) for final top 3 platings.

After pulling a victory out of the air, my season went downhill, with a couple of voluntary retirements and lack of time to practice, I’m surprised I still finished top 5, but not too surprised when we struggled for numbers after the first few rounds. As I said before, with the full(ish) lobby, it certainly made it more interesting even in mid to rear pack.

Didn’t really gel with this car, and still struggling to find a wheel setup that gives me the feel I’m looking for. Hopefully next seasons car will be something I can better come to terms with.

Good luck in Div2 Glenn
  13. Anthonyb

What wheel are you running ads
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  14. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    T300
  15. Anthonyb

I'm g29 will flick you my settings if interested
    Ad2mny likes this.
  16. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Flick away, kind sir...
  17. Anthonyb

Raw
    Gain 80
    Volume 40
    Tone 50
    Fx 30
    Menu spring 0.44
    Hoppy (benny11169) and Ad2mny like this.
  18. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Well done to @Glenn Stimson , @Anthonyb & @Ant_427 for their season. Loved driving the car but missed too many rounds and that busy at work only had time to get online on on a Sunday. Hopefully next season I will have more time.
    Big thanks once again to all the mods, Stu, Hat etc for putting the season together and Ads for doing a good job of hosting.
    @Anthonyb yep that was me you took out. To be honest i wasn't too happy about it at the time as I was pretty sure I had given you heaps of room on the inside line to get passed me. The fact that it was the second time that race I had been punted off and both times I lost 2 spots in real terms didn't help. But that's racing I guess.
    Catch you all next season
    Ant_427 and Ad2mny like this.
  19. Anthonyb

Sorry again mate.
    freddyp_33 likes this.
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi all.
    Just a quick tidy up after the end season !
    First up, thanks to everyone who showed up and raced every week. As usual the grids dwindled in all divs as the season went on, range of reasons, but would be great to get through a season with at least 12 each week in each div...

I want to thank everyone who was there for the hugely reduced number of protests this season. Hopefully its something that continues from here on in, i know that there was room given, and more redresses after about round 3 which seemed to sort the issue....funny that ! :rolleyes::D

Well done to all our winners in each div.....
    Div 1 slambo......great pace and consistency again this season. AOC qnd Juzzy rounding out the podium well done. We had great numbers every week which bodes well for next season.... Great bunch of guys.
    Div 2 Benny, dominant win so congrats on that, and good luck up with the aliens next season ! TB and Kart are always there or there abouts in any season, so congrats on yet another season at the front of the pack...
    Div 3 glenn, great season mate, some rocket times there which may see a big jump up with the aliens ;)....To the two ants....great job lads, from all reports some great racing....
    Div 4 ..... ANNE, well done on your championship ! Really consistent pace, error free and really tough to pass...Great to see Arnold there with your for 2nd and Vinnie for 3rd in his first season....

Huge thanks to @@dj2ca for doing the ladders each week while not racing .... much appreciated mate.

On to season 3 where i hope we can get numbers for full divs and great racing right through the field......in case you have missed it, here is the entry thread.... http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-3-entry-thread.3149/

Car discussion thread....http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-3-car-discussion.3150/

Unfortunately, i'm going to have to step aside for a little while, which means i wont be around to set up the new season. @@Ad2mny will probably need a hand if there is anyone willing to help out. I'll do what i can when available, but hope to be back sooner rather than later...
    Cheers stu
    Ant_427, freddyp_33 and Anthonyb like this.