Season 3 Car Discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Deal!!!
  2. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I reckon we go old school. Maybe an old BMW or Ferrari?
    v8power383 likes this.
  3. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Plus 1 for the Caterham. Quick, good handling, enough wheel work to make it enjoyable and limited KERS to make for some good overtaking and strategy.
    annelorrianne and v8power383 like this.
  4. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    A Ferrari of some sort would be cool. I don't think we've ever run a prancing stallion in pCars?
    AOCleaner74, v8power383 and Bounty05 like this.
  5. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    The old GTA and GTB cars are awesome and very rewarding to drive once you get the hang of them
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  6. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    I vote we remove this safety net and start turning on some of the sim options and turn off a lot of the arcade options as I think if you want arcade racing GTS is there to be used
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  7. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Interesting, what are you implying? What should we turn on
  8. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    Any of these really = Full Damage / Tuning / Pit Stop Errors /Track limit Penalties / Fuel Burn
    Coojak3009 likes this.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    We have tried a few of those and lost most of our drivers !

Fuel burn and increased tyre wear make things interesting though.
  10. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Tuning would be good but it's hard enough for a lot of people to just get practice in let alone tune a car to suit their own driving style. Even changing brake bias I would like the mustang at 59/60 and others I spoke with hated the brakes there so even with help from others that have time to tune may not help.
  11. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    I think unless you want to exploit it track limit penalty's would be good. IN saying that there not used in F1 because some tracks it works well while others u can skip corners with out getting a warning but on other tracks u touch a line and u get 1.
  12. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

It's a bit of a double edged sword. Tuning on for a weekly series means those who have time to commit to testing and tuning will have an advantage. Unless everyone knows the car, track list and settings well before the season starts I don't see this ever working.

On the flip side, with the apparent bugs people are seeing, non-tune means fuel burn is probably out (and wouldn't matter in a 45 min race anyway). Also tyre strategy with multiple compounds is probably out as the default tunes heavily favour 1 tyre compound over another. So non-tune will always come down to who can get the most out of the default tune.
  13. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Track limits does not work, because what the game considers track limits is very different from what our long standing regulations state. As said before, I've had 2 wheels at least a foot inside the white line and gotten pinged, even real FIA regs aren't that tight (they are the same as for us except they don't consider the ripple strip to be part of the white line). The last thing we want is for our racing to become about who can't tread closest to the limits without getting pinged.
    Kart-No-1 and PaulCox like this.
  14. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    seems like we shouldnt fix whats not broken then and leave it all alone as it looked like last season went well
    Kart-No-1 likes this.
  15. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    So as long as the guys how don't practice get a trophy as well then I guess it's all fare or is it?
  16. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

No its not a case of "everyone is a winner" but your numbers would drop in my opinion if you had tunning on I'd like to see mechanical damage on so people have to drive it like a car and not just belt it down gears etc. I think you may loose people with damage on, but it may clean turn one up too if people realise that if they come barreling in and take people and themselves out.
    nigegunz and v8power383 like this.
  17. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    End of the day we want as many people as possible to race with as possible. Which is done by having default tunes etc so no one has an unfair advantage based on their ability to tune a car or not run into a wall. Not saying changes aren't welcome but needs to benefit 90% not the 10%.
    As you said we have GTS for arcade, you could say the same thing for realism and you could go to iracing.
  18. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Yeah tuning as much as I'd like it unless you made the series once a fortnight, I including a lot of people I'm sure wouldn't have the time. Even a fortnight might be pushing it even cause I'm sure frantically needing to get the optimum tune could be a chore come the series end. The series for Enduros is a good base for those wanting more realisim but I gotta say a month it is probably the limit I don't like adhering to short deadlines in a game, it starts becoming a job that I'm not even getting paid for.

It'd be nice if you could allow tuning but restrict what could be tuned in the settings, maybe in the next Pcars. Increasing tyre wear to make sure everyone is forced to change tyres would be good though.
  19. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    With tuning was on, it would reduce the benefit of outright driving talent and bring in the factor of people who know exactly what to do to make their car ‘perect’ against people who don’t have a damn clue why it won’t turn in after 5 laps. I’m all for introducing some more sim options but I feel tuning would seriously shake up the order.

I for one would probably find myself genuinely at the back of Div 1 and not just there if I abandon the notion of practice o_O:rolleyes::confused:
  20. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Whats wrong with the back of div 1. Thats where ill be next season!:)
    Spidey_11 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.