DIVISION 2 - OLD (Season 3)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Darko, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Hey Barrra, can you please post the finishing positions of race 1 & 2 and aggregate scores and fastest laps. Just to make sure this weeks more complicated points scoring is correct.
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Stumbles has posted up on page 15 :arrow: http://gtleagueoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=259&start=140
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Well done guys. Very close fastest laps race 1 vs race 2.
    Bad luck jontank, you just missed out on the bonus points.
  4. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Whoops my bad :p thanks.
  5. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

it wasnt from 30m away i was really close and missed my braking point it defenetly wasnt on propuse i felt bad cuz i really wanted to cacth the group up ahead and we could have caught them if i was more patient. i ruined both of our races.i did stop and wait. i little door bumbing through corners is racing and i dont mind. but that was crap what i did, bad mistake so i waited for him to go and went behind him. agein sorry chev .he did spin me but not his falt, it was caotic those first few laps and i did drift across in front of him and caught the front of his car.
  6. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Great turn out and race again this week!
    Having a near full grid on a short and tight track really tests the skills.. patience too.

Sorry for any pushes and shoves out there. I always try my best to race clean.

Looking forward to next race! Hope for a big turn again for race 3.
  7. OverDrivve

OverDrivve Rookie

PSN ID
    OverDrivve
    Hey guys, it was good to finally race! Pretty sure i've got my connection sorted now so here's hoping i manage a smooth connection for race 3. Congrats to corzza and seido for the wins.
    Has anyone started practising autum ring yet?
  8. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Hi guys,

Thought it was a pretty good race this round with the close pack up front (as far as i know!). Just wished id improved more to keep myself more consistent and understand the car better cause i am way off the pact atm. I think ill work on using the RA adjustments from here on in cause im gonna need something to improve quickly- a lap down is crazy. I'm embarassing the Div 3 group, at least Anon is up there fighting ;)

It got a bit stuttery and tight down the hill that first lap with 14 cars, so im not surprised there was alot of jostling for position, and with this car i think its very easy to look bad after missing a breaking point. Apologies if i got in anyones way during the second race, but it was fun while it lasted.

Looking forward to next race and ill be working on my pace from here on in. Not gonna let this TVR beat me! :)
  9. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Yeh I know it wasn't actually 30m, more like 15m max but I figured thats what he was talking about. And my point was it wasn't on purpose just a major screwup under brakes. I looked again and you're right, you got sideways first and drifted back into him a little before you spun.
  10. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Forgot to mention it earlier, but thanks everyone for not blowing the F1 result for me in the chat before the race. I had wasted that two hour period at Canberra Stadium watching the Brumbies fumble their way to another loss.
  11. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

It's all good F1r3w1nd, if i didnt dc in qualy i wouldn't have been in those :):):):)ty situations in the first race at least, would have been in the top 3 for sure. I dont really know why i disconnected, it wasn't my whole internet that went down, just the ps3. I guess i'm lucky it happened then and not in the race. Just a word to Stumbles on the time he gave me to redo my qualy. I only actually got to do 1 flying lap which clearly wasn't enough for me to get back to the position i was. Funnily enough i was on an absolute flyer, and the race started just as i was coming around the last bend lol. I was under the pole split time and everything. Anyways, these things can't be helped sometimes, and i don't want to QQ anymore than i already have. Any tips on improving my ps3 connection?
  12. OverDrivve

OverDrivve Rookie

PSN ID
    OverDrivve
    With the connection, if you go into the router settings and place your ps3 in the DMZ then the connection that goes to your ps3 bypasses the router's firewall
  13. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Should I trust you to give me advice on the subject Overdrive? LOL. You seem to have the most unstable connection in history, haha.
  14. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Sorry about that Chev, I was watching the track map and thought you had passed the line again. Looked like everyone was getting a bit antsy in the parking lot down the bottom of the track, we were already running late after giving OverD extra time to try and get in.

As for net connections, I go through a routine every time I'm doing a race (either host or just playing). Reset the modem/router just before heading into the lobby, if I've had the PS3 on for a while practicing, I'll also re-boot that.

As OverD said, setting a static IP in your PS3 network settings and adding that IP to your modem/router's DMZ (if it supports it) is a great way to reduce network problems.
    Port forwarding will do the same thing, but just a more lengthy process.

http://portforward.com/

Find your modem and click on it in that list (skip the advert that comes up), then select Playstation Network in the next list and it will show you what ports to forward (there's 5 of them... 80,443,5223,3478-3479 and 3658... All TCP/UDP).

Edit... I also clear the GT5 cache before a race too. Only started doing this a couple of weeks ago, the first time it took about 4 mins, but now it clears in a couple of seconds... quick and easy and it seems to join lounges a lot quicker.

Good luck.

:)
  15. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    check this thread for ps3 online stability
    <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://gtleagueoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=191">viewtopic.php?f=16&t=191</a><!-- l -->

as i say to guys all the time the best thing you can do is play wired.
  16. OverDrivve

OverDrivve Rookie

PSN ID
    OverDrivve
    Hahaha fair point chev :p
    But i was able to watch most of the first race and compete in the second with no problems after doing it so it's worth a shot, just dont try it right before a race. But pies is right, can't beat wired.
  17. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Thanks guys, i'll try those suggestions, and yeah I do play wired. The ps3 wireless blows.
  18. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I got the photo's of the leaderboard at the end of the races on Sunday night, thought I'd chuck them up here...

Race 1....

[​IMG]

Race 2 ....

[​IMG]
  19. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

@Seido. Just glad to help you get around the corner at the end of lap 1, race 2. :D You must have forgot there was still 11 laps to go.
    Hope you will go easy on me 'if' I show on Sat. I only say 'if' cause Network problems are hindering my racing bug.
  20. geelong44

geelong44 New Recruit

The worst thing about PSN not working, is that we can't even practice at Autum Ring for the next round, cause the physics and grip levels are completely different offline
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.