DIVISION 2 - OLD (Season 3)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Darko, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Yea man, sorry about that. I wasn't in anyway trying an aggressive overtake, I simply didn't brake enough and
    went wide and made contact with you. My apologies.
  2. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Just did some practice in arcade mode, toooo easy.
    On the issue of accidental bumps, mistakes happen, and when you are pushing hard and in first lap its more prevalent because of draft and less grip, just got to be aware of it and drive accordingly. In another league, we raced with penalties on high, everyone soon learnt to drive different once they got sick off the slow down penalty from contact. I know when azza or neishy are behind me i'm not going to get hit cos they learnt to drive with it on in that league too, and its a style once you learn it you drive that way even if its off. I know some dont like it but once you get used to it you do drive accordingly. Might be a good idea to trial it this season or even use it when you do practice races.
  3. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

yep i would like to see the penalties on high
  4. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    I'd like to be high.. haha
  5. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I used the practice mode using the 'one make race' and used comfort soft tyres to simulate a race. One thing I noticed is the ability to turn on tyre/fuel depletion, makes it feel halfway normal (even on sports hards). Getting withdrawal symptoms.
    'Just one fix-Ministry'(Fave metal band)
  6. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Hi all,

Having a great time with photomode this week! :)

I just wanted to ask the question, apologies if a plans already been made, but things are looking like this weekend's round will have to be postponed. (I haven't practiced enough anyway..). So I'm happy to have it as a week night or shuffle it to a big nite of racing in the future. Would be a shame to have to drop a round is all.

Anyway, hope people had a good easter.
  7. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I think there were rumblings in one of the other threads about just pushing everything back by a week (or two, or three... depending on Sony). I assume that Outta will publish a new schedule once we are back up and running.
  8. geelong44

geelong44 New Recruit

So any word what's happening with the rounds?
    Like are we just putting Autum Ring on hold untill PSN is back up? Or just skipping it?
  9. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yup, the season is suspended until PSN comes back online, then we will pick up where we left off.

:)
  10. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Seems like a comedy of errors over the past week concerning the ps3 delaying our racing action.

To add to that, i came home a few nights ago and my dog has generously decided to chew through the steering wheel usb cable and the power cable to my driving chair. I havent had a good look at the usb cable situation yet but im not sure how long it will take to repair/replace, but im hoping there's an easy solution.

With that in mind, i just wanted to say that i may withdraw from this season as honestly, i'm even worse using the controller for driving games.

If anyone has had this cable break before, any tips would be appreciated. is there a standard replacement part that people know if, or will some twisting and electric tape be enough?
  11. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    That sucks Dutch, hopefully you can get it back up and running. If the cable goes straight into the wheel you could be up for a hell of a time repairing it. On the other hand, with any luck, a plug-in can be easily replaced.

I will also mention now that if PSN is revived in time to run a race this weekend, I wont be in attendance. I will be sailing the high seas doing science from tomorrow until next Thursday
  12. lunz

lunz New Recruit

You can generally get away with soldering the calbles together (making sure they're the correct ones) and insulating them from the other wires with electrical tape. You can also probably twist them together, but for USB I'd recommend soldering at minimum.

I'd do that as last resort, if you can find a replacement cable, that would be ideal. Also if you're going to do it, might be worth testing it on a USB extension cable first, to make sure it will work ok as I haven't done it on a data cable before.
  13. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Crimp connect bullet plugs are an easy option too if the cable damage is not too close to an existing plug or connection.
  14. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I fixed me brake/throttle cable that had got crushed. First i just twisted and taped, it worked but wasnt happy with it. I then soldered the wires together at work in the lab (not used anymore but heaps of handy stuff in there and no one found me), found some electrical shrink stuff to cover the joins after soldering and then taped them all together. Cleaned my brake and throttle contacts and plugged it all back together, turned on the ps3 and no net work, all working fine though I tested in offline.
    If not confident in soldering these real fine wires take it to an electrical appliance repair shop they should be able to do it fairly quickly. the wires are realy fine so don't know if connect bullet plugs come small enough.
  15. lunz

lunz New Recruit

you can, but you wont get as good performance out of it compared to if you solder, which becomes a problem when its to do with data
  16. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

as a ex electronics techy i would strongly say DO NOT twist and tape and DO NOT use those stupid crimp connectors. always solder and heat shrink. it would be as good as new. not hard to do just i a little time to do it properly.
  17. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer i haven't done a lot of soldering and i did mine fairly easily, but you do need to be a fair way from the plugs cos you need to strip back a lot to slide your shrinky stuff on and separate the wires enough to solder. F1r3w1nd how much whould it cost him to take it to a technician to do might be worth doing that to save stuff ups and i suspect there whould be a lot more wires in the USB cable than my peddles cable.
  18. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Hi all,

Thanks heaps for all the advice, its pretty spot on. I was able to find this site as well which gives me pics, and its not sounding like such a big problem anymore. Now to just pick up a solderer for the first time in 15 years....

http://www.fixup.net/tips/usb/index.htm

May come in handy if you ever want to make your G25 cable 3 inches long...

Again, many thanks for the help.
  19. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    soldering and heatshrink is the go, quite strong when done that way. If you are going to buy a soldering tool for this I'd recommend getting a gas type, cos these can also be mini heat guns when you unscrew the soldering tip for the heatshrink.
  20. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Not sure if PSN will be up this W/E, but I won't be able to run either way. It's a double knock-out for me this W/E, 10yr anniversary and Mother's day on Sunday. Be spending most of it up at the coast, but no doubt be taking the wife out for dinner Sunday night as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.