GT Sport Season 5 Track Suggestion Thread

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    when I did some prac on it, it was not a very fun track to use in this car, would be very suited to a slower car though.
  2. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    would be good for next seasons group 3/4 car
    emmo46 and Matthyus like this.
  3. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    100%
  4. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Hadn't thought of any of that...glad we have experience to lean on...
  5. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Thought I would put this in here as it is the only suggestion thread for GTS.
    We have 4 compounds of tyres at our disposal RSS RS RM RH. Which give a total of 6 different combinations RSS & RS - RSS & RM - RSS & RH - RS & RM - RS & RH - RM & RH. What my suggestion is, is to use a different combination for each round across the season... My thoughts are the RSS & RS combo is not to be used as they are very similar in performance and you would have a 3 stop race. The Sprint round does not require a stop so it is a single compound race. The Endurance race is or can be a multiple stop race so would be an open compound race. So that leaves 5 compound combos and 5 rounds. Thoughts please...
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    My initial thought is that it might be overly complicated for everyone. Everyone has to remember on that night which of the compounds they can or have to use.
    It also means it is harder to get used to the car during the season as you aren't on the same tyre (at least RSS) for all 7 rounds

It is an interesting idea though :)
  7. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Would be nothing more than adding the compound combo on each round of the season schedule
  8. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Would be great to try out more tyre types, but I think it would reduce strategic possibilities.

Having said that, tyre choices seem to migrate towards the most efficient combination by the end of the season and everyone realises more efficient stratgey. This could make sure we get to experience the full range of tyre use though.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield