Division 4 season 10

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Congrats to raywat3185 and emmo46 on their 1st and 2nd position respectfully.

Awesome racing, raywat3185 was gone by the time we come out of the 2nd corner and I was 3 wide with AKD21 & qik666turbo but come out best of the lot. Started to pull away from the pack then about lap 10 or so hit the wall at the bottom of the hill coming onto the finish straight and CWhelan85 and emmo46 gained about 5 seconds on me. emmo46 pulled off an expert pass (well done, no contact) and pulled out about 25 secs by the end. I hit that same wall twice more and the second time I spun full 360 through Clevohead who was ghosting for some reason near the finish line.

All in all a great race on a track I'm not real familiar with (same as next round) with some proper respectful drivers.

If I don't see ya's before, see ya's next weekend ;)
  2. greendog

greendog Rookie

Sorry guys for the bad lag and taking u guys out I think I have fixed it, at least I hope, the ps3 had been left on since Thursday and I didn't restart it I had full signal on WiFi and the only the using it was the ps3 so it should have been fine.
    Any way seemed like a good race from what I seen congrats ray good win mate hope to c u all on for prac through the week
  3. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    now i know the hell what was going on and put me off for the rest of the
    great scrape with you Clevo
    cograts Ray and Emmo
  4. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Yeah greeny, next time sounds like a ps3, router restart and cleared cache would certainly help!!!
  5. greendog

greendog Rookie

Yeah did all but the PS3 if it is no good this week I will pull out its not nice to b in a race battle with someone and then all of a sudden get taken out , I want to do the right thing by all the guys so as I said if it dose not improve I all pull out till I can get a landline in and get better internet. I am really sorry boys for taking most of u out
  6. qik666turbo

qik666turbo Rookie

Sorry guys had to drop out was a bit bored after all the delema with green dog car is a bit slow for me not wasting my spare time driving that thing also u didn't need to pit. I really got into the pit strategies working out how much fuel u need could make or brake a race. I was told today that I broke the rules by turning off my ps3 during race. Should of pulled over and waited for race to finish. If I want to turn off and go to bed I will. I don't understand if we run a :):):):) car why do we have to run :):):):) tyres race tyres for racing I say. I realize it has to suit a wide range of people we don't want the same things ill hold out till next season I think. Last season I use to feel nervous in my legs last night I nearly fell asleep.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I really enjoyed the racing and congrats to Ray, he had the pace. My qualifying antics put me on the back foot, I kept thinking I should check my chassis rigidity after each hit and didn't realise leaving the room would negate my time. So I turned a front row start into fifth in the first race.
    Things inproved after the start and I actually went from 5th to the lead in a couple of laps. Ray passed me again when I had a slow entry onto the finish straight but I stayed with him and was looking forward to the rest of the race. Unfortunately we had a restart.
    I hadn't learned my lesson from qually 1 and after spinning on my first timed lap and then hitting a car parked on the racing line at the blind lefthander before the last tunnel, I had major damage to the engine and front suspension. I left the room again because I didn't have a time and I was sure the car was cactus. (it didn't need a chassis fix after all). Anyhow when I got back Clevo gratiously gave me one flying lap to set a time but under pressure I still qualified last.
    The race went a little better and I was in third by the last tunnel on lap 1 where I thought I saw an opening under ad2mny and poked my nose in there. He got back on the line though and while trying to miss him I ran over the inside kerb and got a penalty that put me back to 5th. I was getting a little dsiheartened at this point as I new Ray would be sailing away out front. I pressed on and passed AKD21 for fourth and slowly started to reel in CWhelan who in turn was gaining on ad2mny. We bunched up all at once and a thrilling couple of laps ensued as I tried to find a way past without messing it all up (great fun). They are both very clean and safe drivers thankfully and I managed to get through unscathed. By this time Ray was about 10 secs up the road and I set about trying to close the gap but he actually pulled away to about 15 secs. I lost a bit more time when after deciding to pit on lap 14 i realised Ray still hadn't pitted, I kneejerked and turned back to the track at the last second which nearly let ad2mny past me again but I managed to keep it together and pull away again. I tried for 2 laps to reel Ray in but made no progress so pitted on lap 16 with ad2mny following me in. CWhelan passed both of us then as he was running long the same as Ray. I managed to catch CWHELAN before he pitted and started to gain on ray as his tyres must have been bad by this time. I thought he might be going all the way and I was about 45 secs behind. I got that back to 39 secs before he wisely pitted with enough in hand to be 9 secs in front after his stop.
    With about ten laps to go I was about 9 secs back and trying desperatley to bridge the gap but a few tentative laps dealing with lapped traffic abd a few wobbly moments I actually fell back to 15 secs at the finish line.
    After the race I saw his fastest lap was about 1.2 secs quicker than mine and I realised I was only ever going to finish 2nd. He was just too fast.
    I am really looking forward to the next race although I don't feel as comfortable at Indy as I do with Trial Mountain. I did a lot of practice to get my time down there and to maintain consistency.
    I hope to see you all online during the week and hopefully we will have a bigger field next time.
  8. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Majority rules, and the majority voted for the regs we have right now. Continually running race tyres would be quite boring IMO.

And sorry if this offends you, but rage quitting or "boredom" quitting is just plain lame and shows a lot of disrespect for other competitors.

Oh and you don't need a car with 700HP and wings and :):):):) to have a good race in. You can have great racing in lower HP cars too. If all you drive is high HP race cars, of course this thing is going feel slow! Some guys here do well in street cars, but not in race cars, and then some are vice versa. Then there is the rare breed who are quick in anything!
  9. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [img=Trial mountain2]http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag109/Ad2mny/TrialMountainCircuit_1_zpsfb61aea5.jpg[/img][img=Trial mountain]http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag109/Ad2mny/TrialMountainCircuit_zpseba200a5.jpg[/img]

Photo 1 Is raywat3185 in the lead, with myself (inside), qik666turbo (middle) and AKD21 (outside) on 1st lap after chicane.

Photo 2 is of the Division 4 Grid after the restart.
    1. raywat3185 2. AKD21 3. Me 4. qik666turbo 5. CWhelan85 6. Clevohead 7. Colin_50 8. emmo46
  10. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    great pics and race reports guys
  11. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Come on m8. Racing is racing. There's a pit strategy too for tyres. Yeah we had some dramas at the start but Clevohead worked it out and it turned out to be an awesome race. We dont need to be doing 300km/h for good racing. Its about driving skill, not who's got the best setup.
  12. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Thanks for the support Ad2mny (nice pics too, I might make you the official photographer ;)), I had to make the call, and it was one of the worst feelings having to ask someone I consider a good mate on here to leave :(

If I had of left the 1st race to run it's course I would have had more than one upset driver, and it wasn't fair on everyone that was involved in the incidents.

I felt the restart to be the best and fairest course of action, everyone got a flying lap qual, even emmo who left momentarily, and we were back racing within 20min :)
  13. raywat3185

raywat3185 New Recruit

That photo is awesome, 3 abreast what an entry. Great to see some clean drivers and good sports, i look forward to some battles!

Greendog is it possible to run a lan cable directly to your router for the purpose of the race? I only say this because i was having big lag issues on my poxy wireless router until i ran a cable
  14. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I was going to suggest the same thing.
  15. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

Sounds like an eventful night. If I'd known about the dramas I could have snuck back on for the restart!

Based on those times I'll be fighting it out at the back.

Good to see some new eager people coming on board.

Nascar starts again soon yay.....cmon Ambrose....this is the year of the Oval!
  16. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here

Hey mate, don't give up on the car so quickly. The real challenge with cars like this is getting the best out of them that you can, and it can be quite rewarding when you get it right.

It's up to you of course, but my advice would be be to keep at it, and with enough practice, the rewards will come.
  17. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah qik, have to say i agree with the guys.

Am sorry you aren't feeling the love for the car this season. As one of the organizers we try to please as many as we can, while mixing up the type of car and HP.

The thing i have found is that in this car you can RACE close which is what we are all about. I remember a few seasons ago when we ran the corvette RM, a lot of people hated it because they felt the car was trying to kill them ! I think it was barra who said it was the most un-enjoyable race he ever had on rooz in round 1. Never the less, he stuck it out !

I would have to say that this car is at the other end of the scale, and instead of just trying to keep it on track, from what Ive experienced, once you get your head around it, it's a great car to race close In a pack.

Anyway, I (we) can't make you stay, but I hope you choose to, I would be really suprised if you don't have some fun battles as the season unfolds.

Stu
  18. greendog

greendog Rookie

Its cool clevo u did the right thing mate don't feel bad.

Nah its only a dongle WiFi they run off the cell towers and I do plug it into the ps3 but the cored only for charging (do that just to get as close to ps3 as possible)

I started to look into getting a phone line in but Telstra didn't really want to help much so i didn't bother after that
  19. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Oh so you're using a 3g WiFi USB dongle. That can't be good for online games...well its proving that way anyway
    Another option to try would be using your phone as a WiFi hotspot....and use the data from your phone plan, if you have a good data plan that is. It *may* provide better reception???
  20. AERO_HDT

AERO_HDT New Recruit

Ah Greendog, you'd probably be running about 10mbps connection speed, compared to the usual 100mbps+ that most people get with a basic ADSL2+ landline. Those figures are probably at their very best during off-peak periods, but running a dongle through a mobile phone network at 3G speeds on a Sunday night would prolly induce pretty hefty lag.

I know not everyone loves Telstra, but I got a phoneline specifically for an ADSL2+ connection and they were great. Even then I don't think ADSL speeds are optimal, but until the NBN gets rolled out, some of us are stuck. I had cable a few years ago when I was living elsewhere and it was the shizz (but the GT servers back then were crap, LOL).

Seems like you fellas had some good racing after a rocky start!

:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.