Division 4 season 10

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Great photos Ad, it looks like you fellas had a ball. My race went well from the start, I never figured on getting a clean run to the flag like that. It was very quiet for me and I didn't see much action. Ray had me sweating for a while when he was closing mid race and I breathed a big sigh when he pitted. I knew then all I had to do was keep it on the island. Thanks CW for moving over for me on the last lap, I was was just cruising behind you as I had about a 30 second lead and was not really interested in risking a pass. I think the next round will be a bit of survival test. Looking forward to it.
  2. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

hey guys, don't worry about swapping hosts for my benefit. Seems to be working fine for others. If I get a chance I'll stuff around with ports and other crap and see if that helps. Too much on at the moment and only getting 10mins practice before race start so wouldn't be competitive anyway. Probably better if I sit this one out till the urge returns.
  3. greendog

greendog Rookie

so my race went like this, start out to qualifying do a few laps to get settled in and do a 147 and think thats not too bad then and then I look up and c a 146 2 I thinkit was, and think :):):):) I better pick it up so I chuck down a lap and do a 146 3 and that got me second for a bout 10seconds, then I look up at the time and there is a 145 up there and think :):):):) I am way off the pace, then I look up again and im in 5th, so I tuck in and start pulling out a really good lap come out of the second sector .023 up and think ok I got this then I hit that :):):):)ing last tight corner b4 the strait and just touch the grass and spin out and time was up and I was stuck in 5th I think it was. So onto the race and get off to a good start as we all head into the first corner about 5 abreast lol I jump on the brakes and give ray a little tap (sorry ray if that was what sent u off) and thought it put him off so I backed off and made sure I gave him the spot back, then once everything settled down me ray and cw take off and have a bit of a scrap then cw has a bit of a spin and it is just enough for me to sneak past, so then I set off to try and stick with ray hopping we could catch emmo . Then on lap 10 still with ray in my sights I come around that :):):):)ing last tight corner and do the same thing I did in qualiy, I get it back on the black stuff and there was qik and ad passing me so I hook in and catch back up too watch ad and qik scrapping it out then next thing ad has a moment and I get past him and qik and I set off, and I started to think ok im on lap 14 and my tyres are ok I am going to do a no stopper and thought that quik might stop and I could just breeze throw in 3rd to the end but after every lap I start thinking he is not going to stop and my tyres are getting worse and worse so thin I think ok ill just stick with him and hope he makes a mistake but he didnt so then I had to try for a pass and knowing my tyres wore getting worse every lap I had a couple of looks but could not do it with confidence and qik was covering the line like a champ and making it really hard work and in the end it payed off for him. good racing qik and congrats to emmo ray and qik for the 1,2,3 great race boy had a blast and bring on next week I really love this track so it will b a good one
  4. raywat3185

raywat3185 New Recruit

Had a quick burn on Tsukuba just now, i think we are in for some epic battles, looking forward to it !
  5. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Yeah, totally different car with the softs on aye ;)
  6. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yeah raywat I think the hot lap times will be between 1.02 and 1.00 not accounting for slipstreams
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Just a heads up for this week guys, keep an eye on the room host to see if we cant fix the lag, and room entry problems.

Possibly be hosted in qiks room, with Clevo to run it, or Qik to open clevos room (will be no real diff in set up, just use qiks connection to see if it improves)

I have PM'd Dave to see if he is willing to give it one more try.

EVERYONE please add qik666turbo if you havent already.

Cheers
    Stu and clevo
  8. raywat3185

raywat3185 New Recruit

Soft? hmm ill have to give that a go, thanks clevo :)
  9. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    yeah mate, sprint round = softs :)
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    At Monza is it 70% wet for the whole race or will it vary, also what tyres are permitted?
    I also read that it was 23 laps, is that correct.
  11. greendog

greendog Rookie

Yeah it is 23 and I think it will vary not sure on the final settings the boys have picked to set it up with. And as for the tyres it will b sports of some sort I would think unless the boys have changed it to racing wets but last I heard it Was just sports med as they are a grooved tyre any way, I could b wrong though emmo and am sure one of the mods will let us no what's what. Have u done much prac for this week emmo? And what time are u lapping now I have not done any prac yet hope no one in our dig has cracked 101 or 1.00 mark
  12. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    @ emmo, race will start wet (70%) then progressively dry out, it will be dry from about lap 12. Tyre is SM (SS for sprint only). I tried to get a setting that would give a full wet race but was too unpredictable and in most cases surface water would be 100% by lap 12 and would remain at 100% for the rest of the race which becomes more of a lottery than a race IMO and it needs to be driveable for all divisions. It's not a true wet round with 1/2 the race being dry but it is consistent and all div's/rooms will have the same conditions this way.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks for the info fellas. As there will be no strategy for this sprint race I have only been trying to bring down my lap times, can't get under 1.01 and the more I experiment with lines and brake bias the slower I go. I have taken a breather and will try again over the weekend. It looks like I will just have to try and hang on to the fast guys and hope they make more errors than I do.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    How do I clear my cache?
  15. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Under network, in the options menu, there is a option to "clear system cache"

I whipped this up French, cause I could ;) but you get the jist :D

[video].youtube.com/watch?v=OEJSRqc_zwA[/video]
  16. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

Ok, been stuffing around with router. Turns out the router that comes with Telstra ADSL2+ aint so 'premium' despite the name.

As per some other threads I found, telnetted to router and forwarded some ports, setup upnp. Managed to get from NAT3 to NAT2 so if this doesn't work I don't know what will.

Fingers crossed....
  17. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    If the game tells you NAT 2 now, my guess is you'll get in no problems now, lag will be a thing of the past :)
  18. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead

Ok on Sunday night Qik will be opening my room, and then you are to get in once he has opened it ok, once you are in every one else will join, I will organise/run this via psn messages.
  19. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

Ok, thanks Clevo...its gonna be bit embarrassing when I still come last after all the help getting me on :)
  20. greendog

greendog Rookie

Nah mate its all good all in the name of fun and we all won't a full grid too so don't stress
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.