GT Sport Season 11 Division 1 - Sponsored by PAGNIAN

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So, the race!
    My qualifying went poorly and I think I impeded @Noremac early on, apologies.

Got away clean and was hoping to get some slipstream and just circulate saving fuel at first... then turn 1 happened and 2 drivers were off and another redressing.
    So the pack was already split in 2 with me leading the 2nd pack and getting NO SLIPSTREAM!!! lol

As the race progressed I found I had pace to pull away from all those behind me... except for a certain @GTP_DHolland !

i relished the chance to battle a hardened veteran but alas he outsmarted me by pitting earlier and beating me that way (probably wasn't even paying any attention to me)

The rest of the race was spent watching the split to holland and I was pleased that I would take time off in places (but lose it elsewhere) but the gap didn't extend too much and that is how it would've finished... but he threw the car into the pit wall on the final lap in disgust and gave me a position, so thanks for that!

Congrats on getting back on the top step @KeedenMcdonald you were off it for too long. well done @CaptainRisky21 backing up a solid win last week with 2nd and @MINT_GTR for rounding out the podium.
    Good job @razor4797 after your horrid race last week.
    Nice debut to sunday league @bluexephos22 and huge shoutout to @Slambobagan sticking in there in his first (and only for awhile I assume) GT Sport league race
  2. Byron Phillips

Byron Phillips Rookie

PSN ID
    ByroniDogs
    Sorry to hear this crunch I hope you stay at home and stay safe this year. Hopefully we can have some better racing in fia if I see you again. I must say my first impression of you when I met you in a lobby you seemed to be very nice, then the stuff that you post on this page doesn’t make any sense to me and most of the time has nothing to do at all with racing. Hope to see you on track soon and have some hard, close and fair racing.
  3. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    You did! i almost forgot. Apology accepted
    Hatfield likes this.
  4. Noble

Noble New Recruit

PSN ID
    ART_Noble
    Ok thanks
    Byron Phillips and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    My race started off well, managed to qualify front row despite no slipstream from cars in front, but a few taps from Keeden behind instead (who used all my draft and then some!)

Unfortunately the car on heavy fuel felt like a pig, and I was struggling. The car couldn’t take the kerbs well and I lost Keeden’s draft after an error. I wasn’t too worried as I was saving a lot of fuel, and I let Risky through to save more fuel. The pit stop sequence then ruined everything.

Full tank, come out in a draft, save bulk fuel for an insanely short pit stop, battle Keeden for the win. That was the plan anyway. Except me being an idiot, completely missing the braking point, trundled through the run off at very low speed but still got teleported back 200 metres. Why GTS does this is beyond me. First prostate exam done.

My race wasn’t ruined yet, so I had to scythe my way back through to get back onto the podium. My full tank was my saving grace, as the second stop brought me back into the awesome 5 car battle for 3rd, but Keeden and Risky were long gone. Midway through this fight I clipped the kerb at Ascari and dropped to the back of the pack, second prostate exam done. I really struggled to carry confidence into the high “sosig” kerbed chicanes as the car never behaved the same way in consecutive laps.

Got back up to 5th to challenge Jason and Mint on the final lap, only to get lap punted by Viper and sent me down to 8th for a third and final prostate exam, 2 fingers this time! Only passing Holland out of Lesmo 2 prevented me from snapping the disc right there and then. Second week in row I’ve put in a solid first stint to buy my ticket for the end of the race only to have it ruined by crap.

WD to Keeden on the great win and massive ups to Risky for proving Seaside was no fluke. Stunning pace and consistency. Simply simply loveleh.

Keen for next week where hopefully I might get some luck go my way for a change. :)
  6. Byron Phillips

Byron Phillips Rookie

PSN ID
    ByroniDogs
    Gordon would’ve been gutted mate
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Sucks you're leaving over a incident, or the butterfly effect from it. Hopefully you change you're mind. I am not taking anyone's side and I do think deep down everyone here does mean well, although we could fool each other a bit.
    But I do agree with some of you're points. Although they are obvious and predictable if you look anywhere in history.

Power and Privilege
    Privilege
    is a right or exemption from liability or duty granted as a special benefit or advantage. Oppression is the result of the use of institutional privilege and power, wherein one person or group benefits at the expense of another.
    That's benifits at the expense of another also refers to ego satisfaction
    None of us are perfect and it's just racing
    Edit
    I still bump heads with Hatfield and don't always see eye to eye. But I think he is a great example of how someone in a position of power should behave. The high road is a tough road sometimes
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    NAACS, Apex_64 and Hatfield like this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Can't wait to see the heritage round liveries this Sunday.
    Here is the one I made for Selby
    [​IMG]
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Looks fast
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 3: Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa - 29 Laps - 09:30 Cloudy - 3/5 (Renault Sport Heritage Livery Round)
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 11!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 5 mins. With the x0 fuel in qualifying, we will be using qualifying mode so if drivers are late, qualifying can start later eg 8:25. If drivers have informed that they will be later and room captains agree to wait for them, qualifying can be completed in practice mode, then results saved and fuel rate changed back to x2 then grid set by host. If a driver joins while qualifying mode is active, room captains will need to grab a quick photo of qualifying results, cancel the race and then set grid by host.
    In practice mode, once 5 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.

RACE START TIME : 8:25-30 AEST (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

ROLLING START : If a driver has a connection issue, their car has the possibility of not following the rolling start procedure and instead turning in a tight circle/into the wall and holding up drivers behind. In the instance this occurs, a restart MUST happen. If this isn't resolved after a restart, the affected driver can try once more starting rear of the grid. That way if the issue remains, they will hold no one up and can exit track.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : With rolling start, we have more room going into T1, but you should still be cautious not to dive into someone. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Please be careful cutting T8-9. There is a white line followed by blue coloured tarmac then another white line and the ripple strip. The track limits are the ripple strips, and if no ripple strip, then it is the second white line on track edge.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : Racing Mediums

PIT ENTRY :
    Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARTY CHAT : With the new party chat feature able to hold up to 16 participants, each division will have an open party chat for those that wish to use it. We recommend this especially to new drivers as they may ask questions about how the night is run or to clarify anything they are not confident on.

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

HERITAGE ROUND: This round is the Renault Sport Heritage Livery Round, so show off your personal or teams classic Renault liveries!

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
    Emree, Byron Phillips, Noble and 6 others like this.
  11. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ok so obviously that'll do guys
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i think you need a clean up in here hat,
    and i think some people need to think about whether they actually need to comment on something that does nothing but inflame things. Some of you need to pull your heads in.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    done
  15. GT-71CKL

GT-71CKL Rookie

PSN ID
    Jay-Zeus4
    @Hatfield Hey mate, someone can take my spot in D1 permanently. Il be doing ACC from now on.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    they are on different nights if you want to do both, but thank you for letting me know

If this is the case, @Noble gets a permanent spot
    Noble likes this.
  17. Byron Phillips

Byron Phillips Rookie

PSN ID
    ByroniDogs
    Ahh I wanted a perm spot for div 1 haha all g
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    this sunday there will be a spot for you if GT-71CKL is out
    Byron Phillips likes this.
  19. Byron Phillips

Byron Phillips Rookie

PSN ID
    ByroniDogs
    ok cool
  20. Noble

Noble New Recruit

PSN ID