GT Sport Season 12 Practice Races - Info and Signup

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, May 28, 2020.

1. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    It was a joke guys. Sorry. I was responding to murph joking about RS tyres :confused:
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  2. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Tyre thoughts on MX5
    N200 levels of power - SM/SH
    Max power - SS possibly RH
    When the car is on the max power of 130% it feels too quick for its own good on SM.
    On Max Power RH would work because technically this is a race car... But SS feels good too.
    Putting the car back to N200 class of power it feels good to drive on SM/SH
    ControllaGod and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. Tony4Fingerz

Tony4Fingerz Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    TonyFourFingerz

What he said.... whatever settings we used this evening seemed good to me.
  4. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    We ran 130% power, 100% weight, SM with 3 fuel and 10 tyre last night.
    Fuel lasted approx 18 laps and tyres were going off.
    We did alot of 5 lappers with representation from all divs and everyone seemed to be able to handle the car. Still had to be careful when pushing.
  5. Mickez123

Mickez123 New Recruit

Is anything on for tonight I'm keen if there is
  6. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Yeah mate, just check the original post for all information about tonights racing.
  7. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    Guys - need to give tonight a miss - family thing...have fun
  8. Mightymurph51

Mightymurph51 Rookie

I guess the thing we're all forgetting as well is, the decision tonight is not final, the point of the next few weeks is to test and try so we can easily run rubbish tyres and if they're bad we can look at improvements
    Xtr3meNZer and kiwinado like this.
  9. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    No, we haven't all forgotten. There are 4 other potential cars to test over the coming weeks! As I've said before, I'll be happy racing any of these cars on any tyre, but now is the opportunity for all to put up their preferences, without getting too emotional about it.
    Mezign, kiwinado and Matthyus like this.
  10. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Yes we have 5 weeks of testing the top 5, we only get 1 crack at the Mazda and if the regs do not suit the car or everyone that wants to enjoy a season it will be a waste of time.
  11. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    I did some testing yesterday and found that SH was more than adequate for the MX-5 at full power. It doesn't offer a tonne of grip but it's still manageable. The tyre wear needs to be increased dramatically though or else no one will change them. The fuel depletion should be decreased so we don't have to pit every 10 laps.
    Mezign, NAACS, robin edwards and 3 others like this.
  12. Mightymurph51

Mightymurph51 Rookie

One word to describe Sports Hards

[​IMG]
    ControllaGod, VARDZ and Kieran_B33 like this.
  13. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    What about different tyres for different divisions? i.e div 1 and 2 on SH and div 3 onward on SM

I find the main difference is just how early you can get on the power and there are more corners you can just hold it flat on SM
  14. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    The more corners that can be taken flat out retracts from the arguments to focus more on racing and less on strategy. I'm struggling to understand what everyone actually wants. Less grip = more opportunity to race. Longer braking zones = more overtaking opportunities. The more grip you have the less emphasis you put on driver ability making the difference.

I understand the guys arguing that they dont want to risk ruining someone elses race by making a mistake while trying to overtake and taking them out... but isn't that what racing is about? Risk vs Reward. The risk is you might make a mistake. The reward is when you don't and make the pass. I dunno - I just see racing as always being on the edge of the grip limit, and the easier it is to find that limit the more opportunity there is to actually race each other.
    incey and gtkingx like this.
  15. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Yep and the less sticky your tyres the slower you are going when you do go beyond the limits so the more easily you should be able to catch it
    NAACS likes this.
  16. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
    Hi all,
    been a very very long time since i have raced with Rooz. i think GT5 season 12. years ago!
    recently got back into it with GT Sport and was wondering if i could jump in to the practice races and possibly jump in for the next season?
    not sure how many of the guys i raced with are still here....
    UrsineSaturn9 and Kieran_B33 like this.
  17. Mightymurph51

Mightymurph51 Rookie

In all honesty, We should've just voted for the Lexus or something, Weirdly enough the Road cars probably handle better than the mx5 on these sports tires. I tried Racing Hards and Racing Med as well both were good fun. The whole argument of longer brake zones should make more passing, some people might choose not go for an overtake because they don't have the confidence with brakes or tires, or like we've established already are afraid to overtake someone
    Vik Chan, ControllaGod and Kieran_B33 like this.
  18. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    hey mate its Aza2672 my PSN is: AB_Saints_25 now. I'm hosting the div 4 room for the practice races if you are put in div 4 for the practice races I think I still have you on my friends list
  19. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
    hey Aza.long time mate. like you i have new PSN also. i will add you tonight
  20. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    no probs mate see you tonight