DIVISION 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

nah, he's won before. i knew he'd be quick. was hoping to have a good battle with him to continue on from last season.. but yeh, turns out i didnt even make it onto the track..
    so disappointed.. practiced all week and was lookin forward to it. thought i had a good chance. i liked that track..
    what happens now? do i get nothing?
  2. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    not sure mate aza will decide, what happened? you were ready to go was looking forward to battling with you
  3. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

yeh, when the track selection was grey'd out you told homebrew to leave because he was host. and when he left i got disconnected. then i rejoined but it was really slow.. took 5mins to open the garage.. then once it opened nothing came up. i waited a while then pushed the ps button. it took a while to come up but there were only the main headings on the menu so i couldnt even just go to quit game. so i restarted it. tried connecting again and it was just taking a min or 2 then failing. it finally let me in but the race had already started..
  4. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    sucks mate , well at least you can drop a round so dont stress
  5. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

yeh, just hoping theres not a round where i cant make it and that it was only a 1 off thing. just got really slow as the room filled up. could it have anything to do with jaserous being host instead of aza? i've never had that problem before.
  6. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    RACE RESULTS & BEST LAPS for DIV 3 RACE 1 Cape Ring South 24 Laps
    :mrgreen:

POSITION BEST LAP
    1 ricoxr4 1:14.758
    2 holden_boy90 1:14.603
    3 Aza2672 1:15.282 :mrgreen:
    4 carn_the_pies 1:14.337
    5 jaserous 1:16.410
    6 garyw61 1:16.152
    7 x_3vi1m00n 1:15.317
    8 Darth Davis 1:15.515
    9 disturboed 1:15.222
    10 mmm_homebrew 1:16.011
    11 BLACKWILDCATS 1:18.033
    12 Zampli 1:17.108

NEXT RACE: 31st July 2011
    NEXT TRACK: Nurburgring GP/D Sprint Round 2x10 Laps (Reverse Grid 2nd Race)
    ROOM OPEN: 8pm AEST
    QUALIFYING STARTS: 8:10pm AEST
    RACE STARTS: 8:30pm AEST
  7. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    great work as always aza
    happy to get some bonus points for the fastest lap.

Updated the ladder on front page too.
  8. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    WOW!! :eek: :eek:

Some of those times are incredible. I noticed in qualifying someone did a 1.13.7!!!!! How the hell did that happen?? LOL

I had a bit of a shocker night. Started off ok in practice, getting 3rd fastest, then first half of qualifying again going 3rd fastest, couldn't get anywhere near the top guys though. Then I had to reset my connection due to upload speed going to crap, by the time i got back in there was only a few minutes before the race, and in my haste to rejoin the track, I changed the options to 0 TCS and Racing mediums, but must have hit cancel instead of OK as the settings didn't stick. I pitted and put on the slicks, put in a time, but was only mid-pack by this stage.

I was also fretting as it seemed my upload speed was all over the place, sometimes good and sometimes bad. I really didn't want to screw anyone's race up by glitching everywhere. Turns out I started race in 7th, but got absolutely swamped at the start as the car had reset back to SPORTS HARDS and TCS on 5!!! So the TCS cut in savagely off the start and I was last by the first corner. I ended up pitting at the end of that lap to put on the slicks, by that time I was a full 50 seconds behind the leader. By lap 6 I caught the tail end of the field and passed a couple of guys, then homebrew was in 9th and I set out after him, but by this stage my tyres were wearing and I could only match his pace, not beat it.

I temporarily made up a few positions when people pitted from lap 11-13, and I kept going till the end of lap 14. I managed to stay out in front of homebrew when I rejoined the track. From there, I started to chase down Darth and caught him and we had a great battle for 8th, but the limited passing opportunities hurt me in the end, and then I made a couple small mistakes allowing him to pull out a bit at the end.

Might have to pull the wheel out now, I don't think the controller is going to cut it this season.... :lol:
  9. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    wheel made a huge difference for me damo, after that night we practiced i made up a good 1.5 secs on the wheel.
  10. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Usually you would be awarded last position if u turned up but had Connection issues. So if there were 9 ppl who raced last night you'd be awarded 10th, if there was more than 10 pll who raced it all academic point wise.

Congrats on the Win rico.
  11. ricoXR4

ricoXR4 New Recruit

Thanks guys for the great race and congrats to Carn for the fastest lap. Tbh I lacked raw pace, was just trying to keep off the kerbs to keep it (reasonably) straight.

Shout out to homebrew for helping me out with the ghosting. It does distract quite a bit and there was several opportunities where he could have un-lapped himself but didn't?

Looking forward to Nurburg after watching a great race last night.
  12. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    so half an hour earlier this week az?
  13. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    I'm opening the room at the same time just starting qualifying and the race earlier so if thats what ya mean mate which I presume you do then yeah bud earlier start :mrgreen:
  14. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    updated the race times section mate.
  15. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Aza mate, I sent you a PM
  16. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

I'll hopefully be able to make the race this week.
    I'm heading up to Queensland Raceway for King of Drift. Don't know when it finishes or what we're doing afterwards.
    I should be home in time though. Hopefully the connection isnt a problem this week :)
    Love sprint rounds. Dont have to worry about saving tyres.
  17. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Hope you can make it Dougz, looking forward to this round as well.

Tyre conservation? What tyre conservation??
  18. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

not looking good guys. Still on my way home. Gonna be pushin it for time.
  19. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Holden boy the rd winner with a 1st and second..

think disturboed or rico got 2nd for the round.

i had a stinker 8th and 7th..
    was way slower here than i expected.
  20. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    also to all in the 2nd race from 6th to 11th

me, aza, x3vim00n, jaserous i think and dougz, epic clean racing there.. that was great fun..
    almost got you on the last corner x3vm00n
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.