Season 12: Division 2 (Corner Carver's)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Well done to Nugget, Serg and Vendal... Too quick boys.

I qualified ok, 2nd with a 1:29.989, to Nuggets 1:29.940.
    Stuffed the chicane after turn 1 and let Vendal through, when we got to turn 11 (stupid little chicane thing out the back), Vendal's car took a dive into the armco (looked like lag on the replay), and I ploughed into the back of him getting a collision penalty and spinning out... Back to dead last.
    Basically clawed my way back and had a great race with Dbn over the last few laps for 4th place.

Finishing positions and fastest laps, all in one photo...
    Vendal takes fastest by a whisker from Overdrivve, Serg and Nuggs.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  2. OverDrivve

OverDrivve Rookie

PSN ID
    OverDrivve
    Vendals took best by a whisker to me too, my best was 0.021 secs slower :)
    emmo46 and Stumbles like this.
  3. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Sorry OD, I missed that, nice lap mate.
  4. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Tied in first with nugget, poles+FLs difference keeps me on top. Vendalism not too far off and Stumbles in need of a bit of luck to keep in contention. Looks like a last race decider by the way things are going.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
    emmo46 and Ad2mny like this.
  5. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Here's the Rookies ladder so far, sorry for the delay.
    [​IMG]
    There's a big argument over the final step on the podium!!
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Shouldn't Ad2 be ahead of Bluemoon at Cape Ring?, they finished on equal round points but Ad2 finished higher in race one.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Do you still get points if you don't show at all? You have given AD2 8 points for Tokyo but he didn't front at all????
  9. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Well done to Nugget on his strong victory last night (pole position as well as a large gap on the rest of the field) and to Vendalism on his third place (and fastest lap).

Qualified fourth behind nugget, stumbles and Vendalism (who were all lapping in the 29's in quali, I could only get there mid race) and by looking at their times was preparing to keep in their draft to keep pace.
    Got a good start and made it cleanly through T1 and to my surprise, found stumbles and Vendalism recovering from some sort of incident, which left me the door wide open to overtake them both. Set my sight on Nugget, but he was putting down quick consistent laps and besides gaining a few tenths here and there, he kept pulling away.
    To my surprise, as I pushed to get close to nugget, created a gap for myself which left me driving a lonely race until the end.
    Pitted at the end of lap 14 to go for the undercut and see if I could get anywhere near the leader (8 sec gap by then), but got out behind Emmo who graciously left me through after the first chicane (he was going for a long stint and hadn't pitted), but nothing really changed.
    On my second stint I started to push real hard, but soon realize this was taking a toll on my tyres and decided to keep a pace which maintained my gap on third (too quick nugget).
    Now off to the enduro round, where I'm known for running out of fuel in every occasion, hope to disappoint you all this time around :).
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Great lap OD, I almost feel guilty now for putting the elbows out to prevent you taking my 8th place, I did really enjoy our battle over those last couple of laps, your pace deserved a better result though. My race was sort of like a vulture hovering waiting to pick the bones of those that fell by the way side. I managed to feast on a couple of two stoppers with my one stop strategy but I definitely didn't have any speed. The first half I was trailing just behind a big pack of battling warriors and kept getting involved in their grief. I clobbered Disto while he was sideways at the 2nd last right hander and then managed to whack Ad2 in the back big time when he seemed to reverse out of a warring pack of 5 cars going three wide throught the last tunnel. From behind it looked like a dozen cars LOL. Got a collision penalty for that one, dropped me well back from the pack, and damaged the right front wheel for the third time. Sorry about that Ad2 but you just appeared out of no where!!!
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah I didn't want to hold you up as I was pitting at the end of 15 anyway.
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  12. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Crazy race last night guys. The first 10 laps was madness. Theres was so much bumping and punting from people tripping over slower cars infront that had just glanced the wall. I killed my tyres so i decided to go for a 2 stopper. Was expecting to finish 7th, so im pretty happy with 5th. Even though i moved up those extra 2 positions because cars had spun haha.
    Lack of practice really showed here. I was well off the pace to begin with. My PB in practice was a 30.6. I lowered that to a 30.0 in the race. Must have been after my car gained a few hp too haha. Still 2hp down.
    OverDrivve, unlucky man. You were quick. You just werent quite clear of me when you pulled infront of me and caused you to pit maneuver yourself on the front of my car.
    Will hopefully get some practice in this week and try to run with the guys up front :)
    carn_the_pies likes this.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    According to my calcs, with the dropped round situation as it stands Nugs leads with 62 and Close and Ven are tied on 61 each, Stumbles is 20 points away. There is a hell of a struggle for 6th through 10th as well with 5 of us seperated by only 7 points. These last three races are going to be mega.
    Stumbles likes this.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I ran in gold and black last night (a bit irrelevant in the dark) to represent the colours of the World Wide Racing Lotus 56 that Fittipaldi ran at the 71 Monza race. He ran those colours
    and under that team because Team Lotus were laying low at the Italian event because they were afraid Italian authoriies might take legal action for the death of Jochen Rindt in a gold Leaf Team Lotus there in 70.
    The Lotus 56 lotus 56b.jpg was a very unusual car, It was powered by a jet turbine!!!. The same car ran at Indianapolis in 68 and 69 but was eventually strangled out of competition by changes to the regulations.
    Ad2mny and S_CLOSE like this.
  15. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Can't allow my NSX to run out of fuel next week!!! Every point will count in these last three races.
    Ad2mny and emmo46 like this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Let me know what fuel you use over five laps and I will help with the strategy
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Ad2mny likes this.
  18. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Don't worry too much about the Rookies ladder yet guys. That's the unofficial results, Clevo is the king of ladders and will sort them all out as per ROOZ rulz.
  19. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    emmo46 likes this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.