Season 12: Division 2 (Corner Carver's)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Serg, he is and always been my inspiration.
  2. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Code:
    SSR5 lap times
    1. warrior2167.........1:28.289  Div1
    2. X4rotorsploxX.......1:28.836  Div1
    3. Mustafur............1:28.843  Div1
    4. N64TheStig007.......1:29.323  Div1
    5. Anon666.............1:29.325  Div1
    6. natmanscoop.........1:29.438  Div1
    7. Vendalism...........1:29.678  ..Div2
    8. Overdrivve..........1:29.699  ..Div2
    9. S_Close.............1:29.788  ..Div2
    10.Cyber_STIG_77.......1:29.799  Div1
    11.Nugget-22...........1:29.809  ..Div2
    12.Dougz...............1:30.062  ..Div2
    13.Dbn26...............1:30.067  ..Div2
    14.TBWilliams..........1:30.082  ....Div3
    15.TekNique............1:30.339  Div1
    16.LEEBOY  ............1:30.352  ....Div3
    17.Disturbo............1:30.556  ..Div2
    18.Stumbles............1:30.611  ..Div2
    19.Darko...............1:30.728  ....Div3
    20.Evilmoon............1:30.731  ..Div2
    21.Sparklehead.........1:30.830  ....Div3
    22.TTRjoe..............1:30.926  Div1
    23.Ad2mny..............1:31.339  ..Div2
    24.garyw61.............1:31.439  Div1
    25.Emmo................1:31.941  ..Div2
    26.BJ..................1:32.184  ....Div3
    27.SerenityInSpeed.....1:32.718  ....Div3
    28.Darkace.............1:33.921  ....Div3
    29.hsv_butters.........1:35.623  ....Div3
    30.Clevohead...........1:35.929  ....Div3
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    Ad2mny likes this.
  3. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
    Finally back in form hahaha. Did a pb in quali which put me on pole for the first time this season. Then came the race. All my strategy was in the first 3 laps. I knew if Serg was on my tail after lap one with the draft I was in for a 30 lap battle. So got to the first turn first....then squeezed every ounce out of the gold girl to throw down 5 quali like laps in a row. Broke away from serg and maintained the gap in the first stint. Was feeling good so went 1 lap longer than planned to give myself better tyres to finish with incase I needed to push at the end. 30 laps and I think I touched the wall maybe twice. Pretty happy now im gaining pace and ready to fight for this title
  4. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Well done mate, pretty strong win.
  5. OverDrivve

OverDrivve Rookie

PSN ID
    OverDrivve
    All good Emmo, you deserved 8th, did really well to defend me. I had heaps of pace but still couldn't get passed. If i was in your position I would've buckled under pressure after half a lap haha. Well done.
  6. OverDrivve

OverDrivve Rookie

PSN ID
    OverDrivve
    Well, that was an interesting race. mine went like this;

Lap 1
    : Qualified 5th but quickly dropped to 10th. up to 9th after stumbles was caught up in a collision and hit a wall in the last sector.
    Lap 2: overtook Emmo and Turbo, from 9th to 7th.

[​IMG]
    Lap 4: was epic! positions 3rd to 9th were a close group again and I was about to move up to p6, until..

[​IMG]
    I thought I was clear of dougz and turned into the apex of the last turn, but I wasn't ahead of him yet and PIT'd myself into the pits. I was back to last and about 14 seconds behind the group in front of me, which was a battle pack of 6th to 10th..

Lap 10: I had finally caught up and passed evil, into 10th.
    Lap 12: I decided to pit and do a 2 pit strategy (or 3 stop as it turned out, lol). 11th.
    Lap 16: Emmo and evil in the pits, i was 9th and catching up to turbo.
    Lap 17: Passed turbo, 8th
    Lap 20: Dougz pits, 7th, Addy only ahead of me by 5 seconds.
    Lap 23: Finally pitted after thinking i could've stretched the tires, realised i should've pitted lap 20. back to 10th behind evil and emmo who were battling it out.
    Lap 27: did my PB lap of 29.6
    Lap 29: after about 5 laps of catching up to evil by approx. 4 secs per lap, I finally overtook him. up to 9th, and now focused on a 2 lap push to try and catch emmo. Managed to get to him by the start of lap 30 but his defensive driving was brilliant and I missed a couple of decent opportunities, which resulted in this..
    [​IMG]
    Emmo stayed in 8th by a tenth of a second after his top defensive effort.

Overall it was a fun race, the track definitely punished lapses in concentration.
    Well done to Nugget, Close and Vendal on the podium.
    Dougz32, emmo46 and Ad2mny like this.
  7. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    What a race!!! qualified 5th,not as high as i would've liked,had been a sec quicker in practice,but unfortunately that don't count :( Got a good start,held position. S_Close had inside line into turn 1,so went to outside but grazed wall just enough for Turbo & evil to get past,spotted small gap between evil & Dougz so jammed it in there,but then had bad line & he got past me at underpass & evil into turn 4,but he then got too hot into the hairpin after i got a bump from Ad2mny,pushing me into him,so evil was back past.Out of the hairpin Dougz got loose,but still managed to get moving enough to make pass not on o_O so tried pressuring him into a mistake through the esses up the hill,he brushed the wall & i got past but thru the next L/R esses the computer decided we both got there at same time and ghosted me,even tho i was in fronto_O:confused::eek: & Dougz was through again:oops:.Along the next straight Stumbles spun,then in the tunnel the pack were four wide so i took a middle line,hanging back a bit.Turbo & Vendal touched ,Turbo slid wide,crossed the line in 6th,chasing Dougz & Vendal.Next lap nearly got down inside Dougz at T1 but thought better of it & backed out,rest of lap was peaceful.On to lap 3 & Vendal & Dougz were fighting hard bringing me onto their tail.Dougz ran wide onto same straight as Stumbles spun on,gifting me 5th.Down the pit straight Venda got along side Evil,passed him,but ran wide,leaving them both looking for the same piece of road in the chicane,Vendal ran wide,Evil passed,& i got Vendal exiting with his slow run out,Dougz followed,got alongside me but backed out before turn 4,not having the line.I set off after Evil & after he had a bad run thru the tunnel,i got past at the S/F line & was then up to third!!:cool::D End of lap 5 i did the same,but he didn't get me until between turn 1 & 2.Tried to get back past into hairpin,got stuck on Valelunga & Vendal was past again.:( Next lap Vendal ran wide in T1,got him into turn 2,then got Evil at the hairpin for 3rd again,he got it back up the hill,then Dougz came out of nowhere,we had a bit of a rub through next few corners,but i got back past at hairpin at bottom of hill when he got loose.All this in 7 laps,HECTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D & 3RD TO 7TH were running nose to tail!!! I then closed up on Evil,who covered the inside line into the hairpin,so i went round the outside,got alongside,Evil refused to back out & slid into wall exiting the uphill chicane,3rd again!:) Put my head down & got a bit of a gap,even closing down the leader by 3secs, but lap 11 had a brush of a wall,then tried too hard & spun at 2nd hairpin,& as 4th,5th & 6th were nose to tail had to wait for them to pass before turning around & going again,so back to 6th. The spin trashed my rears so i pitted.taking me back to10th:( Knowing i had to make the time up before others pitted.i got stuck in.Overdrive pitted L14,up to 9th. Lap 15 just got past Ad2mny before he exited,used Vendal as a carrot,did my fastest lap,& passed Evil,emmo & Stumbles while they pitted,back to 5th!:)Held there till lap 20 when Dougz pitted & up to 4th. Ithink about then i started overdriving chasing Vendal,thinking too much about the possibility of a podium & used up my tyres too much:eek:,Stumbles caught me L25,i simply didn't have anythingto fight with.:( Did my best but he went round outside at left hander before tunnel.Stayed with him tho,pressured him into half spin(pity not full)exiting 1st chicane,L28,got past & got breathing room,but almost spun in tunnel,saved but he was past again!! AAARRRGGHHH! LOL.But it wasn't over yet!!! Stumbles got loose into first chicane & i was past again at underpass,but blew it spinning at L/R esses,& not able to get turned around & going quick enough,letting Stumbles back through,& Dougz,.Might've just been able to get him before S/F line but had to lift in the tunnel to stop O/Steer,& had to settle for 6th. :rolleyes: Oh Well,what could've been:D Top battles the whole race,Awesome Fun.Lookout next week,I got my GTEYE brake spring for my G27 on monday,OH WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!:p:D:D:D:D Almost impossible to lock up,& braking control majorly improved!!:):):):):)
    Ad2mny and Stumbles like this.
  8. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Another so-so result from me again. I can see what I'm doing wrong,but I can't seem to be as aggressive as some in the corners without nearly taking someone out, and so I hold back and end up getting passed myself.... GRRRR

[​IMG]

Could only manage a 1.32 in qualifying but was rarely getting into the 31's in practice anyway. So I lined up 2nd last on the grid.

[​IMG]
    NUGGET-22, Stumbles01, VENDALISM, S_CLOSE, OverDrivve, Dbn26, Dougz32, X-3vi1m00n, disturboed, Ad2mny, emmo46.

Got away to an average start and passed OverDrivve with his bad start. Come halfway along side disturboed but backed off into Turn 1. Followed the pack through the Chicane then came alongside Dbn26 at Turn 5. We made a little contact but he was carrying more corner speed and pulled away. Coming into Turn 7 he rear ended Dougz32 then I rear ended him and in turn was rear ended by OverDrivve, bunching us all up.

I clipped the jutting out barrier on the exit of Turn 7 which gave emmo46 a good run up the inside, and as we came through Turn 11, we passed Stumbles01 facing the wrong way. OverDrivve came up my inside in the tunnel putting me back to 10th spot. I watched OverDrivve lap 2 moving up through the field while I tried to find an opportunity to do the same. emmo46 made a mistake into Turn 8-9 , turning in too early then as he corrected himself understeering into the outside wall. I slipped past on the inside, and slowly started to gain on disturboed as he tried to get past OverDrivve. I closed up on him in the Chicane but he was just out of reach for a pass. Lap 4 I was even closer at the Chicane this time, and I could see plenty of action just ahead. We latched onto the back of the 4 car dice ahead by Turn 7, but I slowly dropped off the back as the lap wore on. As I came out of the tunnel I watched in surprise as poor OverDrivve entered the pits sideways (bad luck mate), and disturboed too far out of reach for a slipstream.

[​IMG]

I watched up ahead as Dougz32 entered Turn 1 sideways and drifted all the way around as disturboed passed him on the inside. He tried to get back past at Turn 5 but couldn't, then as we entered Turn 6, Dougz32 braked a little to get in behind disturboed, and me being right on his tail, rammed into the back of him pushing him deep into Turn 7 and gaining myself a collision penalty. disturboed threw his Honda into the turn as well and they were both very sideways, but disturboed on the inside line clipped the wall and Dougz32 drifted past around the outside. Stumbles01 was right behind me out of Turn 7 and had emmo46 in his tow. I closed right up on disturboed through Turn 10-11 as he seemed to be struggling for grip. As he entered Turn 12 he started drifting towards the inside of the turn and slowing down. I ghosted trough his rear quarter just as he started to get real sideways and he ended up spinning out. emmo46 drove through the tyre smoke 'days of thunder' style and collided with a sideways disturboed and dropped back. So I was now in 7th with Stumbles01 right on my tail starting lap 6. We were both starting to reel in Dougz32 and by Turn 7 he was almost within reach. Stumbles01 clipped the wall through Turn 8-9 and dropped back a bit and I set my sights on Dougz32.

[​IMG]

Starting lap 7 I got a good hold of his slipstream but backed off into Turn 1 putting Stumbles01 back onto my tail. Coming through Turn 8-9, Dougz32 got an awesome line and shot ahead squeezing in between VENDALISM and Dbn26. I latched onto the back of VENDALISM but ran a little wide clipping the outside wall at Turn 12, allowing Stumbles01 up my inside. I tried to follow him up the inside of VENDALISM and Dougz32 in the tunnel but Dougz32 came down to the inside closing the door and as I backed off my rear came out and I rubbed along the inside barrier losing speed dramatically.

[​IMG]

Poor emmo46 coming around the corner did not see me till the last minute and could not avoid ramming into the rear of me, which boosted my speed back up a bit but gave him a penalty and he dropped back again. As I came up out of the tunnel the cars ahead were a fair distance ahead. I put my head down to try and pull them back in, and as I entered Turn 11 i passed a recovering X-3vi1m00n, with Stumbles01 regaining his speed just ahead of me again.

I watched Stumbles01 and Dougz32 battling all of lap 9 but could not gain on them. Lap 10 I came alongside Dougz32 into Turn 1, but a slow exit out of the Chicane dropped me back again to watch. Both Stumbles01 and Dougz32 got very sideways coming out of Turn 12 and I closed right up on them again. I managed to pass Dougz32 up the inside in the tunnel, and then he ducked in the pits behind me. I passed Dbn26 facing the wrong way at Turn 13 moving me up into my highest position in the race, 5th.

So I started lap 12 in Stumbles01's slipstream but could not pass at Turn 1, and spent the next few laps just trying to keep my lap times consistent, and at the same time conserve my tyres, which were wearing surprisingly well. I guess I was just trying too hard as my lap times dropped clipping walls and sliding out. Probably could have stayed out 1 or 2 more laps as my tyres weren't even half way down, but I pitted start of lap 15 while Stumbles01 stayed out. emmo46, X-3vi1m00n and Dougz32 passed while I pitted and I came out just behind Dbn26 into 9th. I repassed X-3vi1m00n and emmo46 as they pitted lap 16, and Stumbles01 popped out just behind me so I had managed somehow to leapfrog him in a lap.

Dbn26 was pulling away into the distance, and I just could not shake Stumbles01. He was only going quicker than me in 2 places, in the corners and on the straights, so it was only a matter of time before he got back past. All of lap 18 he was right on my tail. He came alongside at Turn 7 but i had the better line through Turn 8-9. He drafted me down the straight lap 19, but ran too hot into Turn 1. I moved alongside and we entered the Chicane side by side, but I wussed out in the middle and slowed enough at the exit for him to pass.

[​IMG]

Stumbles01 was a bit slow for the last half of the lap, and I got a good run on him into the tunnel. I drafted him down the straight and we entered Turn 1 side by side again. This time I was not gonna back out but as I tried an outbrake into the Chicane, he moved across in front of me. I shunted his rear wheel and I thought for sure he was gonna spin, but as I slowed and waited with baited breath, he pulled out of the spin and by the time I realised nothing was going to happen he was a good distance away.

So I was by myself for a while, with Stumbles01 pulling away ahead, and OverDrivve slowly closing in behind. Passed Dougz32 as he pitted lap lap 21 moving me into 6th, and OverDrivve pitted behind me on lap 24. I thought my 6th place was safe now but as the race wore on, my rear tyres were starting to slide out of the corners, and by lap 27 I was really starting to struggle. Dougz32 was really starting to close up fast. Exiting the tunnel, my rear started to drift out to the right, then back to the left pointing me toward the pit entry, so I backed off a bit and just missed the entry wall, but as i powered back on it went very sideways and I spun out on the main straight. I quickly hit reverse before I stopped rolling and hooked it back around but I could see Dougz32's grin and hands rubbing together with glee as he zoomed past.

So in the end I finished 7th, making up 3 positions from my qualifying. Managed a 31.3 in the race which wasn't particularly fast either compared to some but it was a PB for me.

See you all at Suzuka!!
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Exciting race Ad2, there was lots of action.:)
    Ad2mny likes this.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm looking for more Competitors to the Pussycat Sprint Night, all welcome.
    FORMAT : 3 x 13 lap sprints, qualifying order for first race, second and third races reverse grid.
    TRACK : Grand Valley East
    CAR : Jaguar XK-R unmodified except for colour and wheels
    DATE : 18th September, Qually at 8:20, Race start 8:30
    REGULATIONS: Tyre/fuel fast, weak slipstream, weak penalty, Tyres Sports Soft, grip real
    POINTS will be awarded each race @ 10, 8, 6, 5, 4 .3, 2, 1. Tied results will be decided in favor of those that finished ahead in the first sprint.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    This is how you drive an NSX around Suzuka!
  12. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Wow, tough race. Started 4th, finished 4th and had a great race with Moon and S_Close in the last stint.

Finishing positions and fastest laps...

[​IMG]
    Ad2mny, stucar17 and OverDrivve like this.
  13. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    My worst result since the enduro race last season (where I ran out of fuel), although this time around did not run out of fuel, which is an enduro first for me.
    Qualified 6th I think, but only because AD disconnected handing me a spot, also my worst quali since...yep.. enduro round last season.
    Went for a 3stop strategy which would have worked If I hadn't made all the mistakes of the race in the last stint (and over fueled 20 lts...ahhhh).
    Was not in a great pace but pretty consistent, not making any mistakes and had either 3rd or 2nd place in the bag but it was not be.
    Went to pits on my last stop in first (28/40/40!...?????) place and got out in fourth with Dek in third I think, he pitted later on. Then everything that had gone right suddenly stopped. Had a spin and OD went through as I recovered (whilst having a small gap) and then went off track allowing stumbles to get on my tail. He went through after a good battle, and as I started putting the heat on him, got over excited on the throttle and spun hitting the wall and getting damage....
    In the end came fifth which puts me down in third in the championship (8 points down on nugget and 7 on Vendalism) with two races to go.

Well done to Vendalism, nugget and OD for the podium positions, you guys had great pace.

Hoping to get back to form in the last two races and get strong results ....then we'll know.

Thanks for the race guys, see you next Sunday.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
    DekGT5mad, Ad2mny and Stumbles like this.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The race had plenty of action for me. I qualified 6th behind Ven on pole with a lap of 2:16.082, Nugget, Dek, Stumbles and Overdrive with Close, Ad2, Evil and Disturbo lined up behind me. I got a good start and jumped Overdrive for 5th but then Close drove around me in the esses and I was back to 6th. The five ahead started to pull away a little and I had Evil challenging me and he drafted past on the back straight on lap 2. For quite a few laps I had Overdrivve trying to pass and he had Ad2 pressing him until Ad2 had on off at spoon. For many laps I had a line of cars queuing up to have a go at me. On lap 6 Ven fell back to 9th after a spin at spoon and had a battle with Ad2 at the back of the queue behind me. On lap 9 stumbles had an off at the hairpin and dropped back behind the queue as well. I was now up to 5th with Overdrivve still on my bumper. On lap 9 I had wobbly exit to denger 2 and Overdrivve, Ad2 and Ven got by and I was now back to eighth, spot I would visit regularly from then on. After the three stoppers all pitted around lap 10 I was up to 4th behind fellow two stoppers Ven, Overdrivve and AD2. Close was leading the three stoppers at this stage.
    During lap 12 I closed up on Ad2 and drafted him up the back straight to get my nose up beside him but had to fall back in line for 130R, unfortunately he slowed more than I expected for 130R and I gave him just enough of a tap to send him wide and get a time penalty, so sorry for that Ad2, Ive gotta give you more space for braking. I backed off and waited until he cleared it and then he went into the pits. After Ad2 and Ven pitted on lap 12 I was up to 2nd before leader Overdrivve and I pitted lap 13. I came out of the pits back in 7th but Stumbles quickly passed me and put me back in eight.
    Close was still leading from Dek and Nugget at this stage with Ven about 20 secs back from the lead. Around lap twenty all the three stoppers pitted again and I was now in third behind the other two stoppers Ven and Overdrivve with Ad2 a little way back in 4th.
    After the two stoppers pitted the order was now Close, Dek and Nugget up front with Stumbles and Evil and Ven fighting over 4th about 28 seconds back. Overdrive Me and Ad2 were strung out behind ( I was in eight again). After the three stoppers all pitted for their last time the race settled down for the run to the flag. Ven was leading from Nugget and Dek who were hotly contesting 2nd while Overdrivve , Close and Stumbles were battling for 4th. Evil held 7th until he pitted on lap 34 and allowed me to move up to seventh which I thought was where I would probably finish until I ran out of fuel at turn one an the last lap and had to finish the lap at 80K. Evil and Ad2 moved ahead and I eventually finished 9th. Dek ran low on fuel after dropping back from the leaders and pitted on lap 36 to drop back to 6th. Disturboed seemed to endure a miserable night, he was on the tail of the queue behind me for the first few laps but spun at spoon and never seemed to recover.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  15. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Had a good race,definite podium on the cards,possibly a win.My tyres were lasting better than most,but as emmo said i ran low on fuel,tried to save the podium by slowing down,but to no avail. Should've just pitted at end lap 33,would've still come out in 3rd. Added up that i lost just over a minute between laps 34-39 & came 6th,58 secs behind leader,after still running out at chicane,so a win could have been on the cards,but oh well,ya get that! LOL Should've done a practice race run,i only had to put in 4litres extra each stop to be all right! :eek::eek::oops::oops:,I've done a few race runs this week,could be very interesting;);). Did a draft of my entire race,but would've had to open new site!LOL Thanks for covering my downfall emmo! :cool::cool::cool::D:D:D Saved me typing a one finger Epic!!!o_O:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
    emmo46 likes this.
  16. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    :p:p:p:p:p Man i can be stupid sometimes,been practicing for this weeks race in my private lounge,but only realised today(Friday), that Spa is next week! ROTFLMFAO :D:D:D:D:):):):)o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
    Ad2mny and JonoStan96 like this.
  17. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Well, as with a few guys, no practice this week, GTA V got in the way.
    Happy with 3rd place after all that, some good racing was had by all (except Emmo, he had a night to forget).

[​IMG]

Fastest laps....

[​IMG]
  18. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  19. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Ad2mny only Clevo, shame....